Biomes & Nature The Swamp

leechheart

Skeletron Prime
The Swamp would spawn on one side of the map close to the Ocean. It would have living trees that give shelter and little marsh pools. The swamp will occasionally extend into the ocean. The blocks that build it would be Dirt, Mud and Silt blocks. The Swamp would have exclusive enemies such as Marsh Slimes (similar in appearance to Herplings), Toxic Sludges would spawn in the Swamp (even pre-hardmode, albeit rarely). A single hut will appear in every swamp that exists. Inside of that hut there would be Swampy Chests, which contain one of 5 special items, as well as normal chest items. Those would be;

-Swampy Spikes, a decent throwing weapon (these would also be able to be purchased from the Dryad if you have them in your inventory)
-Earwax Candle, an early light pet similar to that of the Crimson Heart
-Leaf Blower, an improvement to the Blowpipe
-A wand for both living Swamp Wood and Swamp Leaves

In hardmode Swamp Ogres would appear in these houses, which would drop the Onion Core, which is used to craft Ogre Armor (High-defense armor with minor increases to all class damage
(Yes, the Swamp Huts and the Ogres are a reference to Shrek)

Additionally, in one of the swamp trees, there would be a Wasp Hive. These Hives would contain a special core which, when destroyed, summons the Wasp Lord. The wasp lord would deal higher damage than queen bee and move faster than Queen Bee, but would have less health, would move more erratically and would not shoot bees or stingers. The Wasp Lord would drop a decent amount of loot as well as a weapon, the Wasp's Mouth. This would be a melee spear with damage comparable to the Dark Lance. In expert mode, it would additionally drop the Wasp's wings, which would be the only pre-hardmode wings. After the Mech Bosses are all defeated, the Wasp Lord will also drop the Wasp Gun. (See also: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/hardmode-bees.66082/) Note that the Wasp Cores would respawn.

The Swamp could be spread with Brown Solution. This would turn Mud and Dirt grass into Swamp Grass, and Sand into Silt. This would only work on the outer 2/3 of the map.
It can also be reverted with the green Solution.

Hello Leechheart, I want to warn you that I intend to make a thread on the same topic and would like you not to find the thread a copy of yours.

Not enough detail. From what I can figure out, it's pretty much the jungle with onion armor. (Btw, I would like to know more about the weapons. They sound interesting.)

Hello Leechheart, I want to warn you that I intend to make a thread on the same topic and would like you not to find the thread a copy of yours.
There is literally no problem with that, especially because these two threads exist. We have never punished threads with similar ideas (the second one even has onions and an ogre as details). We actually encourage them; there are so many ways to make an idea unique even if the basic concept is the same.

Also, you bumped a low-detail thread from half a year ago. This didn't need to be bumped at all. Good luck on your swamp suggestion though! I'd love to hear about it.

Back
Top Bottom