tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Are there any plans for Lunar Pillars for Throwing Weapons and Healers/Radiant weapons?
I agree with you they should make two more pillars: One for throwing and one for healing.
[doublepost=1482798138,1482798017][/doublepost]
Sounds you like you loaded the world without Thorium Mod enabled. As far as I know the damage is permanent.
I'm pretty sure as long as you DON'T mine those blocks that replace the missing ore. If you load the world again with the Thorium Mod enabled they will appear again.

A giant marble golem perhaps?...no, maybe a Greek/Roman God? the marble biome seems to be based off of Greek and/or Roman folklore... o_O
I made a suggestion for one somewhere else. It's a gladiator 1 block taller than the player. 2 forms. First form is high defense slow damage attack, periodically goes into a defensive stance holding up a shield and can on be damaged from the rear. Second form strips off the armor and boss gains a speed boost and attacks much faster but with less damage. Would have a launching attack that knocked the player up in the air and then knocked the player into the ground. This phase is pretty much just a dps race because he gains a stacking buff that raises his speed.

this is a pretty good idea, however rather than add them in completely new what about this, make them all universal sets rather than specialized:

copper; take 1 base copper item + the ore amount in amethyst, for tools they gain a splash damage to blocks near them for half the hit and so on till the hit does nothing, weapons gain a small dot based on damage dealt (exponential decay aka 8 -> 4 -> 2 -> 1), armor gains deal 1 damage back to the attacker
tin; take 1 base tin item + the ore amount in topaz, for tools they gain "vein miner", weapons gain a lightning arc (exp decay), armor boosts speed

*iron; take 1 base iron item + the ore amount in white opal, for tools they gain magnetic pull on drops, weapons pull enemies to the spot they were hit at, armor pulls you to the closest surface letting you mag-lev
*lead; take 1 base lead item + the ore amount in black opal, for tools they gain multiple hits at once, weapons gain increased knock back, and armor gives more defense

silver; take 1 base silver item + the ore amount in sapphire, for tools they gain a glowing light that highlight all things that tool can mine(aka the stuff glows, no actual light), weapons make enemies slow down and glow, armor actually glows
tungsten; take 1 base tungsten item + the ore amount in emerald, for tools they gain a cloud that continues to mine that area, weapons leave a trail of damaging cloud, armor causes a dot aura

gold; take 1 base gold item + the ore amount in ruby, for tools they gain a chance to duplicate drops, weapons have a chance to duplicate drops, armor has a chance to duplicate used items/ammo
platinum; take 1 base platinum item + the ore amount in diamond, for tools they gain the ability to mine any on screen block, weapons can attack anywhere on screen, armor buffs allies and de-buffs enemies on screen

**amber; take hardened fossil, bones, and meteorite equal to the ore that the item would use + the same amount in amber, for tools they gain a swarm which targets similar blocks, weapons summon spectral versions to attack more enemies, armor makes attacker take more damage from stuff

***rainbow/spectrum; stats are way better, all others plus both corrupt boss ores and hell stone, tools gain all previous abilities, weapons gain all previous abilities, armor gain all previous abilities
***true rainbow; all abilities get boosted, all stats get boosted, abilities now effect each other
***ultimate rainbow; stats are way boosted, abilities now effect themselves as well

*opal and black opal will need to be added in to fill the apparent gap in the gemological power scale

**i put amber level at the end because it really should have been vastly better than the other types in the vanilla scale due to the difficulty to obtain, however i also made it a little tougher as well

*** a fusion of all other versions, due to difficulty to make it should be on par with most early hard mode stuff, a "true" version should be possible with some of each soul type probably, and a perfected version with the 4 pillar materials and maybe luminite

just my thoughts
I like that idea better. Good thinking :)

Is this mod updated for ModLoader 0.9.1, because Thorium crashed and was disabled when I was reloading my mods to test out a music box bug. Here's the code/logs:

Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I know it said insufficient memory, but the notification also said that Thorium was built for ModLoader 0.9.0.3, not 0.9.1, just a heads up.

about the mimic idea i have a big thing im writing up, ill post it when i get it done to a point i feel is good enough, but basically im making ideas for mimics for each missing biome/sub biome, making itesm, some item crafting chains, and attack pattern ideas, look forward to the finished result

about the mimic idea i have a big thing im writing up, ill post it when i get it done to a point i feel is good enough, but basically im making ideas for mimics for each missing biome/sub biome, making itesm, some item crafting chains, and attack pattern ideas, look forward to the finished result
honestly it seems unnecessary to have anymore mimics, there is already A LOT added in with this mod alone (mycelium, underworld, aquatic depths, lihzahrd, copper/silver/gold coin) so i dont think this mod needs anymore, other mods could use them though.

huh,
honestly it seems unnecessary to have anymore mimics, there is already A LOT added in with this mod alone (mycelium, underworld, aquatic depths, lihzahrd, copper/silver/gold coin) so i dont think this mod needs anymore, other mods could use them though.

huh, i have somehow not run into like most of those... well that saves me a few of the ones i was stuck on, good to know, weird i haven't run into them yet tho

Maybe my friends and I are just dumb, but we're trying to make the Enchanted Amber Ring, but it isn't working? We have all the necessary items and we're standing next to an anvil, but it isn't working.

What are we doing wrong? @DivermanSam

Maybe my friends and I are just dumb, but we're trying to make the Enchanted Amber Ring, but it isn't working? We have all the necessary items and we're standing next to an anvil, but it isn't working.

What are we doing wrong? @DivermanSam
do you have a amber ring + 15 arcane dust? just making sure, because if so then next time im on if it hasnt been tested/fixed ill check its recipe and see if its a bug, then report it to diver.

I'm not sure it this should be posted here but Paladins do not drop Holy Knight's Alloy. I've killed about 10 and none have dropped although the wiki says it's a 100% drop.

Sorry if I missed this covered somewhere else in this thread, it's just simply massive!

Recently made a new world and character to play with this mod. Everything added or changed by it is excellent imo, most is intuitive and fills gaps I personally feel were never addressed with the vanilla game.

However, I'm having issues getting the chest mimics to spawn in expert hardmode. Crafted 2 of each key, tried each on my sky bridge and in the appropriate biome with a standard cavern chest( Which always has worked for the base game's mimics). Place the chest, and put one key into it, close my inventory and the chest's (just like the vanilla mimics) and nothing. The chest goes "poof" and nothing spawns. I'm left without the key or chest. Feels like I overlooked something.

Any help would be much appreciated. Conversely, if you've a need for testers or whatever, I'd be willing to offer any help I can.

Thanks to everyone for this amazing mod that makes the game much more re playable and interesting!

@DivermanSam The Ragnarok boss is so cool and epic. So much so that it has inspired me to come up with an idea to weave a story into the mod leading up to the Ragnarok.

1. Instead of crafting the Doom Sayer's Coin using nebula fragments alone, the Thorium bosses should drop the materials used to craft it. So you need a piece of each boss + 1 of each nebula fragment, as well as something from the Moon Lord itself, because..

2. Upon killing the Moon Lord, the world should enter a state where the enemies are stronger, and new enemies spawn (also an opportunity to collect some unique loot). The world should enter into perpetual night time as well, and killing the Moon Lord greets the player with a message such as "The Moon Lord's death has caught the attention of the Ragnarok. They have come to bring annihilation upon Terraria. Powerful creatures living in the world may have clues for how to confront this terror.." This state persists until the Ragnarok is defeated. From a lore perspective, it may even be something along the lines of, while the Moon Lord is a threat to Terraria, it was also holding back the Ragnarok from coming down to rain destruction upon its' inhabitants.

As I mentioned, during this unique world state, monsters would be stronger, new monsters would show up, and some new pre-Ragnarok loot could be available. Maybe not a full armor set, but at least some new weapons.

3. Lastly, not only do pieces of each boss create the Doom Sayer's Coin, but they also create an item called "Dormant Ragnarok Soul Shard". The item is an accessory that does nothing, but its immense power can be unlocked by collecting the soul fragments of each entity of Ragnarok (dropped by Omnicide, Aquaius and Slag Fury, if possible.. so in expert mode, available pre-final form).

The Soul Shard and Soul Fragments combine to create Energized Soul of Ragnarok, an extremely powerful accessory granting unique effects. I'm thinking something along the lines of a more powerful version of Eye of the Storm, a defensive ability similar to something like the Beetle Armor, and probably some class-less defensive and offensive modifiers. Additionally, the Soul Fragments also combine with Remnant Energy Shards (drop from Dying Reality, the Ragnarok), to form the summon weapon, The Ragnarok. Takes up 3 summon slots to summon Aquaius, Slag Fury and Omnicide to fight for you.

As a side note, is it possible to add custom messages when bosses spawn? From a lore perspective, it would be very awesome if the bosses would say things hinting at the Ragnarok's impending coming to Terraria.

I haven't coded in a very long time, but I'd be happy to help with this if you think it's worth implementing. Let me know what you think!

EDIT: Maybe even the NPCs have new dialogue pre-Ragnarok. Most of them would just whine about how they're all going to die, etc., but perhaps the Dryad or the Cobbler have something extra to say about it. This line in particular from the Cobbler has the wheels spinning:

"In my younger years, I myself was a hero. I stopped after nearly perishing to a mechanical creation of my own design... I hold much regret in that creature."

EDIT2: Dammit, and now this one:

"Ah, so [Name of Guide] has been giving you advise this whole time...? I wonder if he still hasn't forgiven himself for what happened.." (Only if Guide is present)

Much ideas. So excite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom