tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Speaking of bugs, I think opals break the metal detector? when I'm around one it's listing the nearby thing as blank. not sure if it's opals or something from tremors that's causing it, but I didn't have that issue before I updated. (it's normal most of the time thankfully)

*edit*
happened on the surface, so I can confirm that it wasn't opals that did it.
I think it might be ice chests? that's the only thing I can think of that's both on my surface and in the underground
Also in regards to old man alpha's second point, I remember that being a thing on single-player as well; but that was before the most recent update so I dunno if it got fixed in single-player or not.

Last edited:
Not sure best way to report a bug but if you use the thesus thread from the tracer it sends me to the space biome in the to corner of the world and makes me unable to use any items,open my inventory, go to settings and move

Hi, just wanted to drop by and say thank you for this great and large mod. It's a must-have mod for my friend and I's playthroughs. Now, I'd like to report a couple bugs that I've just recently found:
  • Regarding the Flesh armor set bonus, the flesh pieces that drop from entities cannot be picked up if your inventory is full, but the flesh will still follow you around regardless.
  • Using Life Water with the quick heal key won't grant you its buff. Also, it is used when the buff key is pressed and will grant you the buff and also potion sickness. Not sure if that's intended.
These bugs were found in multiplayer and I'm not sure if they occur in single player.

Last edited:
Hey, can you tell me what you put for an item ID for your broken hero staff? I'm trying to make a compatibility mod that will allow the one from this mod and the one from the spirit mod to be interchangeable.

Okay on the most recent version, can confirm that the life water dosen't give it's buff when used via quick heal. Also going to note that my current world is absurd in that out of the last 10 nights I've had, 7 have been blood moons. Not sure if unlucky or calamity's "super-expert" mode is to blame lol.

*edit* Valadium helmets break mannequins. The breastplate and leggings are fine, but the helmet causes the left-half of the mannequin to "disappear" and any further additions will break the mannequin and drop nothing in return.

Last edited:
You'd be missing all of the Aquaite weapons/mimic drops, a few item drops (volt tomahawk, leviathan, deeplight esca), and a boss (abyssion) All of them except for the last one can easily be obtained by going into a new world and killing the WoF, getting all of the depths stuff in the new world, then taking the resources over into your old world. (abyssion requires plantera to be defeated) The ores can easily be obtained through suspicious bags (thorium) or by killing bosses (Coznix for Valadium & Lodestone, Plantera for Illumite)

Also found another bug in that the Borean Strider sometimes spawns already in phase two? The first phase is just skipped leading to a somewhat faster fight. I think it's worth noting that the one time he did show up with both phases was when he naturally spawned, as opposed to me using the strider's tear to summon him early. Maybe worth checking out?
*edit*
okay using four Strider tears in a row it resulted in TWO stage 2 Borean Striders appearing at once. Definitley worth checking out how the Strider tear works lol.

Last edited:
Also found another bug in that the Borean Strider sometimes spawns already in phase two? The first phase is just skipped leading to a somewhat faster fight. I think it's worth noting that the one time he did show up with both phases was when he naturally spawned, as opposed to me using the strider's tear to summon him early.

I can second this. Although every time I have fought Borean Strider it was summoned using a Strider's Tear. The first time it appears in the given world it spawns correctly in its first phase. However every other Strider was in phase two. Not sure on the multiple Stiders thing though, never saw anything like that.

I will also add in that the Borean Strider doesn't have a health bar show for Yet Another Boss Health Bar mod. Every other boss added shows up correctly, just not Strider. I'm not sure if that is relevant to post here though.

So I am not exactly sure what happened. My family has a server that we pay a host for (I don't know if I am allowed to post the hosts name so I will not unless you guys need it). Everything has been going well, we had to use 1.4.0.0 because whenever we tried any other version it would give us some header error code. Anyways we've been playing for several days and we have our own world hosted on our server. Well today we tried to get on and we couldnt connect to the server. I restarted the server and when we logged on it was a new world with none of our houses. After finding the world that had our houses and changing to it I was able to get on the server and play on our world. However, everything that was from Thorium that had been in our chests was gone. I don't know if this was because we are using 1.3.5.2 or because we're using 1.4.0.0. I had originally thought the issue was we were hacked and someone took our stuff, but the only things missing were our Thorium items. My wife created various Thorium sets and placed them in chests, they were all gone however the vanilla sets were still there. Our thorium crafting tables were also gone.

I am not sure what to do..Thanks.

So I am not exactly sure what happened. My family has a server that we pay a host for (I don't know if I am allowed to post the hosts name so I will not unless you guys need it). Everything has been going well, we had to use 1.4.0.0 because whenever we tried any other version it would give us some header error code. Anyways we've been playing for several days and we have our own world hosted on our server. Well today we tried to get on and we couldnt connect to the server. I restarted the server and when we logged on it was a new world with none of our houses. After finding the world that had our houses and changing to it I was able to get on the server and play on our world. However, everything that was from Thorium that had been in our chests was gone. I don't know if this was because we are using 1.3.5.2 or because we're using 1.4.0.0. I had originally thought the issue was we were hacked and someone took our stuff, but the only things missing were our Thorium items. My wife created various Thorium sets and placed them in chests, they were all gone however the vanilla sets were still there. Our thorium crafting tables were also gone.

I am not sure what to do..Thanks.
Just install cheat sheet and spawn in whatever you lost and want back, that's probably the easiest way to fix it.

I know it's technically cheating or whatever, but considering you had earned the items legitimately and just lost them to some random technical error, I don't think it counts.

When I load this mod, or any mod that adds content (calamity, thorium, tremor, etc.) I get this pop-up, and the mod doesn't load, anyone who knows how to fix this?

Failed to resolve assembly: 'Terraria, Version=1.3.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
bij Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name, ReaderParameters parameters)
bij Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name)
bij Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve(TypeReference type)
bij Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve()
bij Mono.Cecil.Mixin.CheckedResolve(TypeReference self)
bij Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeEnum(TypeReference enum_type)
bij Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElementValue(TypeReference type)
bij Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElement(TypeReference type)
bij Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArrayArgument(ArrayType type)
bij Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArgument(TypeReference type)
bij Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeConstructorArguments(CustomAttribute attribute, Collection`1 parameters)
bij Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.ReadCustomAttributeSignature(CustomAttribute attribute)
bij Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.<Resolve>b__34_0(CustomAttribute attribute, MetadataReader reader)
bij Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[TItem,TRet](TItem item, Func`3 read)
bij Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.Resolve()
bij Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.get_ConstructorArguments()
bij Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadCustomAttributes(ICustomAttributeProvider provider)
bij Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadType(TypeDefinition type)
bij Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadTypes(Collection`1 types)
bij Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadModule(ModuleDefinition module)
bij Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.WriteModuleTo(ModuleDefinition module, Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
bij Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
bij Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.EncapsulateReferences(Byte[] code)
bij Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.LoadAssemblies()
bij Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)

I need to find a kazoo, how do you get such a symphonic weapon?
funny you mention that, I didn't know myself until I randomly found it in the party girl's inventory. I don't know if it's based on moon phase, but I feel like it's "beat at least one mechanical boss" considering that I'm pre-plantera at the moment. I'd say check her throughout hardmode and see if she has it.

*edit* ninja'ed by abyssal. On the subject of something else I missed when I made that list way back when; Bagpipes dropped during a blood moon. I dunno if it was a specific mob (maybe the wargs) but throwing up a blood moon or two might get you that one. (also I doubt it's the worst sound ever when you have a vuvuzela as a weapon.)

funny you mention that, I didn't know myself until I randomly found it in the party girl's inventory. I don't know if it's based on moon phase, but I feel like it's "beat at least one mechanical boss" considering that I'm pre-plantera at the moment. I'd say check her throughout hardmode and see if she has it.

*edit* ninja'ed by abyssal. On the subject of something else I missed when I made that list way back when; Bagpipes dropped during a blood moon. I dunno if it was a specific mob (maybe the wargs) but throwing up a blood moon or two might get you that one. (also I doubt it's the worst sound ever when you have a vuvuzela as a weapon.)
havent found the vuvuzela, but i got the bagpipes; can confirm it sounds ABYSSMAL. one shot lasts about 1.5 seconds(the sound i mean) and it shoots about as fast as the night staff in terms of rate of fire.

Back
Top Bottom