tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I was thinking about something where it lowers the damage after initial calculation. Say you initially took 200 damage from an attack, then your defenses reduced it to 80 damage. With the item equipped, it reduces the 80 you would have taken down to a fixed amount, like 40.
See while i'm not sure that's currently possible I think that'd be the optimal method for making it work...as it stands it handles defense second which means 40 damage is nothing, but if it did defense first then lowered the damage to the cap that'd be far better suited for not trivializing everything.

Mega bad news :eek:
I downloaded the update and now I can't load the mod, whenever I try, I get this error:

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity(Int32 value)
at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.Stream.CopyTo(Stream destination)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMod(TmodFile modFile, BuildProperties properties)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMods()

I do have other mods installed, but I've never had any sort of conflict between them whatsoever.

Try disabling, re-enabling and then reloading the mod. That usually fixes it...
How exactly do I acquire a Spiked Bracer?
A zombie shackle and some spikes from the dungeon.
[doublepost=1459046280,1459045724][/doublepost]
I would like to report a bug: I have not summoned the Thunder Bird or killed it and the desert wanderer NPC still moved in
I think I've fixed that for this coming patch, but I'll have to make sure.

Try disabling, re-enabling and then reloading the mod. That usually fixes it...
The mod is currently disabled, and when I enable it, it says reload required. I hit the reload thing, it goes through every other mod normally, then it gives me that error and automatically re-disables thorium when it comes to that one. It goes back to the mod menu with everything else how I set it, but thorium is disabled.

The mod is currently disabled, and when I enable it, it says reload required. I hit the reload thing, it goes through every other mod normally, then it gives me that error and automatically re-disables thorium when it comes to that one. It goes back to the mod menu with everything else how I set it.
Try re-downloading the mod? I cant imagine that wouldn't completely fix it, but tell me if even that doesn't work!

Try re-downloading the mod? I cant imagine that wouldn't completely fix it, but tell me if even that doesn't work!
I don't know why, but suddenly everything's working again! Not sure exactly what happened or changed, but I have no complaints with this :happy:

EDIT: Also, I wrote a reply to the post about a (potentially serious) bug with thorium generation a bit ago. I don't know if you've seen it yet, but, basically, thorium can generate over biome chests and render their contents unobtainable.

I don't know why, but suddenly everything's working again! Not sure exactly what happened or changed, but I have no complaints with this :happy:

EDIT: Also, I wrote a reply to the post about a (potentially serious) bug with thorium generation a bit ago. I don't know if you've seen it yet, but, basically, thorium can generate over biome chests and render their contents unobtainable.
I'm weeeell aware of that issue, but haven't found a realistic solution other than to get rid of world generation for the time being. When tModLoader expands on world generation a little more, I'm sure I'll be able to find a better solution. Sorry bud... :sigh:

Maybe it's just me but the danger armor is actually named flight armor for me xD
Just goes to show how long I spent on the items, huh? Yeah, I'll fix that. :sigh:

I feel like people don't seem to like this lich update too much... Is it a content problem? A Quality problem?
[doublepost=1459051489,1459051435][/doublepost]
how do you get folded metal anyone?
If the Blacksmith is killed, he might drop the Black Hammer. With that in your inventory, talk to a new blacksmith, and he'll sell it to you.

Last edited:
Just goes to show how long I spent on the items, huh? Yeah, I'll fix that. :sigh:

I feel like people don't seem to like this update too much... Is it a content problem? A Quality problem?
[doublepost=1459051489,1459051435][/doublepost] If the Blacksmith is killed, he might drop the Black Hammer. With that in your inventory, talk to a new blacksmith, and he'll sell it to you.

Oh no sam. We LOVE all your updates. It's just we want to alert you to anything that may be oopsed so you can make it perfect.

I feel like people don't seem to like this update too much... Is it a content problem? A Quality problem?
[doublepost=1459051489,1459051435][/doublepost] If the Blacksmith is killed, he might drop the Black Hammer. With that in your inventory, talk to a new blacksmith, and he'll sell it to you.
oh I love it :p Super exciting all of tapi is here pretty much

I just happened to see that error, sorry xD

I'm just curious where bronze armor is or is it trashed?

I'm just curious where bronze armor is or is it trashed?
It's not trashed per say, but the same way Granite armor exists now, I was gonna make Bronze equipment the marble variant. I'm lacking on some good bronze sprites however, so its on standstill for now.

It's not trashed per say, but the same way Granite armor exists now, I was gonna make Bronze equipment the marble variant. I'm lacking on some good bronze sprites however, so its on standstill for now.
hooray!
I also cant help but notice the honey blade is missing and I think its concept is really cool, something that deals summon damage besides actual summons
Sorry for nitpicking xD
I do really enjoy the hardmode stave effects :D

Sam, is there any way you can make the Chum from the Diver have some knock back? When anything is rushing at you, the Chum seems almost useless because it doesn't knock back anything or kill anything quick enough to stop the monster rushing at you in time.

Back
Top Bottom