tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Hi @DivermanSam any chance of adding something in to the game for the tracker to retroactively get credit for certain creature kills? I am specifically thinking of the Pinky and Tim for now. Maybe you trade in some pink gel for Pinky, and the Wizard Hat for Tim as proof that you've downed them? You don't necessarily need to give extra Vanquisher Medals for it but at least so you don't have to go farming for them again.. given that you don't get credit for kills until you actually get the contract..

Also, would it be possible to add a feature to the Queen's Glowstick where you can hold it out while holding shift to produce light with it, similar to a regular glowstick? If possible, maybe it could just drain a couple of mana per second while doing it? I believe this feature is called the smart cursor in game.

Last edited:
Is Godly the best modifier for bard weapons?

Also, the Honey Recorder is amazing, tore through the rest of pre-hardmode with it including Calamity bosses.

Last edited:
Hi @DivermanSam the Rocket Fist is completely and utterly overpowered. I took out expert Cryogen in Calamity mod within 5 seconds. Even Coznix doesn't put up much of a fight against it. This thing is way too strong for a pre-boss hardmode weapon.

EDIT: Actually I wonder if this is a function of the throwing version of the Daedalus armor from Calamity, which adds crystal shards to throwing attacks. Even still, this weapon does nearly double the DPS of pretty much every other throwing weapon I have available at the moment.

@DivermanSam at the moment Quasar's Flare seems to be broken in following ways: it needs at least one arrow to be in inventory to fire, it that kind of arrows without consuming them, those arrows can be picked up and the healing effect isn't working. Tested using newest version (1.4.3.7) without other mods.

Aybody else having problems with the Borean Striders? They don't pop at all for me, and stay at 1 HP. I only want the spiders it unlocks, but I don't want to cheat (somehow).
I installed Thorium only on my terraria game.

Aybody else having problems with the Borean Striders? They don't pop at all for me, and stay at 1 HP. I only want the spiders it unlocks, but I don't want to cheat (somehow).
I installed Thorium only on my terraria game.
That's a known bug. I'm pretty sure it's getting fixed in the next update, though. (Hopefully, along with a fix for the bug where the Quasar's Flare doesn't provide healing as advertised.)

Someone else on this forum mentioned using the Antagonizing and Calming Spirit items (to temporarily shift the world into expert mode, as apparently the bug doesn't affect expert mode Borean Strider) as a potential workaround, if you don't want to wait for the fix.

Hi, I have been playing Terraria with Thorium and I have to say... Best mod i’ve ever seen. I will definitely donate when I get an opportunity. I’m just messaging to ask something quickly: Is it possible that more transformation tools will be added into the game? They are by far my favorite part of the mod LOL. There are so many critters (and enemies) that it would be possible to turn into... It must be easy to make some items that for example let you turn into a zombie :zombie: or a skeleton, because they are just like the moon charm, and since you have already amazingly changed the hitboxes and everything for the existing transformations, would it be possible for you to add many more items to the game with similar functions? It would be a lot of fun to play around with the different transformations :D. It can’t be hard to duplicate what you already have right? I’m imagining transformations for monsters and critters from every biome... :passionate:

Pretty please? :) :merchantwink:

Hi there all is it possible to download an earlier version of thorium mod. Reason why is my son has only got tmodloader 0.9.2.2 and isn't able to upgrade at the moment but the latest thorium won't load on it

Hi there all is it possible to download an earlier version of thorium mod. Reason why is my son has only got tmodloader 0.9.2.2 and isn't able to upgrade at the moment but the latest thorium won't load on it
why is is that you can't upgrade? it's a relatively easy to do process if you have the game and internet. anyways, im not very sure if you can find a version that isnt the latest, sorry

why is is that you can't upgrade? it's a relatively easy to do process if you have the game and internet. anyways, im not very sure if you can find a version that isnt the latest, sorry

If their "son" is unable to update then they either have no internet access or are using a pirated version of the game.

@teethewicked @Blazingfireflies He's not running a pairate version he's running a gog version and he can't update because there's no patch for the latest tmodloader at the moment. Hence why we was looking for an earlier version of the mod. We only just discovered mods other wise we would of bought him the steam version which doesn't need a patch to work with tmodloader

@teethewicked @Blazingfireflies He's not running a pairate version he's running a gog version and he can't update because there's no patch for the latest tmodloader at the moment. Hence why we was looking for an earlier version of the mod. We only just discovered mods other wise we would of bought him the steam version which doesn't need a patch to work with tmodloader
<Sounds legit :v -Sarcasm- But I agree with teethewicked and Blazingfireflies. This sounds very suspicious.

That's a known bug. I'm pretty sure it's getting fixed in the next update, though. (Hopefully, along with a fix for the bug where the Quasar's Flare doesn't provide healing as advertised.)

Someone else on this forum mentioned using the Antagonizing and Calming Spirit items (to temporarily shift the world into expert mode, as apparently the bug doesn't affect expert mode Borean Strider) as a potential workaround, if you don't want to wait for the fix.

the arrows shot isnt quasar arrows either if that wasnt said

<Sounds legit :v -Sarcasm- But I agree with teethewicked and Blazingfireflies. This sounds very suspicious.
I do appolgise if it came across as sarcasm. Never meant it to just trying to explain the situation hoping some one can help. As I've said G.O.G haven't released a patch yet to allow tmodloader to work with 1.3.5 so had to down grade Terraria to 1.3.4 so it would work with an earlier tmodloader after a patch but then this mod and a few others wouldn't load hence why I was hoping it was possible to download an earlier version of thorium

Hello :) can anybody help me? When i try to reload the mod, it is "automatically disabled".. I can't take a screenshot cuz i don't have any programs, but i opened the "Logs" and this is what the thingy says

Failed to resolve assembly: 'Terraria, Version=1.3.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name, ReaderParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve()
at Mono.Cecil.Mixin.CheckedResolve(TypeReference self)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeEnum(TypeReference enum_type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElementValue(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElement(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArrayArgument(ArrayType type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArgument(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeConstructorArguments(CustomAttribute attribute, Collection`1 parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.ReadCustomAttributeSignature(CustomAttribute attribute)
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.<Resolve>b__34_0(CustomAttribute attribute, MetadataReader reader)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[TItem,TRet](TItem item, Func`3 read)
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.Resolve()
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.get_ConstructorArguments()
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadCustomAttributes(ICustomAttributeProvider provider)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadType(TypeDefinition type)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadTypes(Collection`1 types)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadModule(ModuleDefinition module)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.WriteModuleTo(ModuleDefinition module, Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.EncapsulateReferences(Byte[] code)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.LoadAssemblies()
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)

Yeeee a quite lot xD
Also, is the Bard class a support class?

Hello :) can anybody help me? When i try to reload the mod, it is "automatically disabled".. I can't take a screenshot cuz i don't have any programs, but i opened the "Logs" and this is what the thingy says

Failed to resolve assembly: 'Terraria, Version=1.3.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name, ReaderParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve()
at Mono.Cecil.Mixin.CheckedResolve(TypeReference self)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeEnum(TypeReference enum_type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElementValue(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElement(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArrayArgument(ArrayType type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArgument(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeConstructorArguments(CustomAttribute attribute, Collection`1 parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.ReadCustomAttributeSignature(CustomAttribute attribute)
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.<Resolve>b__34_0(CustomAttribute attribute, MetadataReader reader)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[TItem,TRet](TItem item, Func`3 read)
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.Resolve()
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.get_ConstructorArguments()
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadCustomAttributes(ICustomAttributeProvider provider)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadType(TypeDefinition type)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadTypes(Collection`1 types)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadModule(ModuleDefinition module)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.WriteModuleTo(ModuleDefinition module, Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.EncapsulateReferences(Byte[] code)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.LoadAssemblies()
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)

Yeeee a quite lot xD
Also, is the Bard class a support class?

Hmm it seems like you aren't using the most up to date version of Terraria. Which means your tmodloader is also out of date and thus incompatible with the current version of thorium. So you'll likely need to update everything to resolve your problems.

In regards to bard, not at all. It definitely shines as a support but you can totally play it solo. I recently finished a string instrument only run up to Ragnarok and didn't have many issues. That's a very edge case though since I play very specific builds. If you use all tools available it will definitely go more smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom