tModLoader The Thorium Mod

It can spawn fairly frequently if its raining in a snowy area. Also don't quote me on it but the pillar ups enemy spawn rates doesn't it? It might explain why so many showed up so often.

Also Diver I have a serious question to pose to you.

Does this hatchling staff have something against slimes? I only ask this because far too frequently they spot a slime and then begin shooting lightning bolts out like they were Zeus himself. Yet every other mob is just casual zaps. I really think these guys have a vendetta against slimes or something.
That explains it. It was indeed snowing.
[doublepost=1460166929,1460166816][/doublepost]
What does Hive Mind do? I would imagine it makes minions better or something like that
It improves your minion's damage for as long as you have the buff on you.

What does Hive Mind do? I would imagine it makes minions better or something like that
So it isn't 100% self explanatory, but when you use the Hive mind, for 5 seconds, newly summoned minions will deal 10% more damage. The buff doesnt have to be active to receive the damage increase, but the minions must be summoned during the buff to gain the increase permanently.

Another possible bug, the Spectral Blade, while the tooltip says it does magic damage, does not trigger the Spectre armor set effect.

Another possible bug, the Spectral Blade, while the tooltip says it does magic damage, does not trigger the Spectre armor set effect.
I'm pretty sure the Spectre armor set bonus only activates off of magic projectiles, so sword weapons wont make it activate... :sigh:

@DivermanSam , I feel like players can get Terrarium stuff a bit too early ATM in my opinion...do you think maybe adding 1 bar of luminite as a requirement per terrarium core could help this? I was able to get full terrarium everything before even fighting the cultists, and it made everything quite a breeze.

Speaking of Terrarium items, what does the Sage Staff do exactly other than have high damage? I haven't noticed anything special about it.

Also why are they ranked as Expert?

Speaking of Terrarium items, what does the Sage Staff do exactly other than have high damage? I haven't noticed anything special about it.

Also why are they ranked as Expert?
They just have rainbow rarity for A E S T H E T I C purposes, as the items themselves have rainbow colors.

They just have rainbow rarity for A E S T H E T I C purposes, as the items themselves have rainbow colors.
superthumb.jpg
yes i just googled aesthetic rainbow and i chose that picture to be a cringy lil' s-

Since the opening post stated that you finished the balance tweaks, did you change the Hemorrhage and Eternal Night ?

But if everything is balanced then mods are no fun ;)

You're right, thats the reason i love the Celestial Bow to beat expert moonlord into submission;)

But i was so disappointed from the two bows, since the staves were so amazing in comparison;(

Please give them auto-fire:happy:

A wooden bow...? :p He's not too hard to kill, 120-140 life and an iron bow / silver bow is fine for normal mode. On expert mode, go for some armor too.
[doublepost=1460064891,1460064826][/doublepost] I imagine its a client / multiplayer issue with tModLoader. I'm not sure how to fix it if its a client issue though.
[doublepost=1460064943][/doublepost] Do me a favor, build some more houses and see if the Confused Zombie and Diver move in too. That would be immensely helpful!
The COnfused Zombie moved in , but i already killed that thing that spawns on bloodmoon, patchwerk or whatever it was :p
Diver has not moved in yet (due to low amount of houses i guess), what would be the requirement on normal circumstances for him to move in?

Found a bug!
If you have the Renew spell book in your inventory and you press your buff key, it takes the mana and gives you the debuff, but doesn't even heal you.
Also, I'd like to point out how the initial post incorrectly states that you need a thorium anvil for the Renew and Purify spell books, when you actually need a book case. It also says you need 5 lesser healing potions for Renew when you actually need 5 regular healing potions.
Hope I helped with finding these :)

EDIT: Bit unrelated, but I just fought the Fallen Beholder. Fantastic work on that boss!

EDIT 2: This expert mount is the best lol

EDIT 3: I swear I have a talent for finding bugs or something. The Jungle Mimic doesn't show up on the lifeform analyzer, unlike the Corrupt, Crimson, or Hallowed Mimic.

EDIT 4: Whoops! Jungle Mimic is part of Tremor, not Thorium! :p

EDIT 5: Good god, these things just keep coming up, don't they? Soul Forge can't smelt chlorophyte even though it's supposed to act as a hardmode forge. That's all!

Last edited:
I wish there was more pink gel items
Maybe a pink gel + thorium staff?
It could act like a 10 second corruption wall staff (but instead pink)
probably lower damage since pre-hardmode

Back
Top Bottom