The Twins: How you fight two bosses at the same time

Random Fellow

Skeletron
The Twins, one of the three mechanical bosses in Terraria, known as being the hardest as the bunch for some people. The Mechanical bosses have a unique gimmick to them and it is their multiple parts/segments. The Twins are two eyeballs which are the two segments of the boss. Spazmatism, which dashes and shoots like a spaz, and Retinazer who's name is a play on the part of the eye, retina. He always has his eyes on the player and keeps his distance diagonally. I have heard people say that you only fight one of the eyes while the other sits back and occasionally shoots. I never understood why people said this. One is based on combat, while the other tries to be more smart, keeping its distance but still being engaged in the fight. This is standard information for boss battles with two parts. If both the eyes both acted like Spazmatism. Well, even if you fight both the same that way, it wouldn't be interesting.

Retinazer still gets in combat as he shoots lasers at the player, and in his second phase, starts shooting more rapidly as he gets less health, this is present in the first phase aswell. Spazmatism shoots cursed flames at the player actively and dashes at the player, making him focused on melee, while Retinazer is focused on range. In his second phase he gets a powerful flamethrower move which uses cursed flames. Noth opf his attacks using the cursed flames inflict the Cursed Flames debuff on the player. The flamethrower goes out when he starts dashing at the player in order to make his attacks fair to dodge.

The second phases complement the fight well, each phase taking advantage of the players movement and complementing the other eye. The second phases also completely change the fight and techniques used in it. Having both second phases activated at once gives the advantage of being able to kill them off a little faster, but they are extremely difficult this way. A popular strategy is to go for one eye first, this allows the player to focus on just killing one eye while having to dodge both at once. This also makes it possible to only have one of their second forms active at once, still ramping up the difficulty of the fight due to how they complement eachother but it makes the fight less hectic than if both second forms were active at once. This effectively makes the player fight both eyes since this helpful strategy makes the fight last longer and forces the player to be aware of where they are and who they are hitting.

Good boss I'd give it a base score of 7.5
[Based on Fight in Expert Mode]

Last edited:
The Twins, one of the three mechanical bosses in Terraria, known as being the hardest as the bunch for some people. The Mechanical bosses have a unique gimmick to them and it is their multiple parts/segments. The Twins are two eyeballs which are the two segments of the boss. Spazmatism, which dashes and shoots like a spaz, and Retinazer who's name is a play on the part of the eye, retina. He always has his eyes on the player and keeps his distance diagonally. I have heard people say that you only fight one of the eyes while the other sits back and occasionally shoots. I never understood why people said this. One is based on combat, while the other tries to be more smart, keeping its distance but still being engaged in the fight. This is standard information for boss battles with two parts. If both the eyes both acted like Spazmatism. Well, even if you fight both the same that way, it wouldn't be interesting.

Retinazer still gets in combat as he shoots lasers at the player, and in his second phase, starts shooting more rapidly as he gets less health, this is present in the first phase aswell. Spazmatism shoots cursed flames at the player actively and dashes at the player, making him focused on melee, while Retinazer is focused on range. In his second phase he gets a powerful flamethrower move which uses cursed flames. Noth opf his attacks using the cursed flames inflict the Cursed Flames debuff on the player. The flamethrower goes out when he starts dashing at the player in order to make his attacks fair to dodge.

The second phases complement the fight well, each phase taking advantage of the players movement and complementing the other eye. The second phases also completely change the fight and techniques used in it. Having both second phases activated at once gives the advantage of being able to kill them off a little faster, but they are extremely difficult this way. A popular strategy is to go for one eye first, this allows the player to focus on just killing one eye while having to dodge both at once. This also makes it possible to only have one of their second forms active at once, still ramping up the difficulty of the fight due to how they complement eachother but it makes the fight less hectic than if both second forms were active at once. This effectively makes the player fight both eyes since this helpful strategy makes the fight last longer and forces the player to be aware of where they are and who they are hitting.
Hi there @Random Fellow, right now this thread is in the Suggestions section (which is for suggesting new items/enemies to be added to the game). So I’d like to move the thread for you. Are you presenting a guide on how others should kill the twins (I can move this to the Guides section), or are you asking for help on how to kill the twins (I can move this to In-Game Support)?

Hi there @Random Fellow, right now this thread is in the Suggestions section (which is for suggesting new items/enemies to be added to the game). So I’d like to move the thread for you. Are you presenting a guide on how others should kill the twins (I can move this to the Guides section), or are you asking for help on how to kill the twins (I can move this to In-Game Support)?
Oh, I didn't even notice it was a sub topic. I was just talking about the boss in general and how it is designed. I'm sorry for the trouble or confusion I caused you.

Maybe move it to any general discussion category. I'll try and organize these better as alot of my posts have been moved to other topics. Gotta put more thought into that myself.

Back
Top Bottom