Sprites The Underground Sea

Well, this biome suggestion sounds awesome. Also, I guess the Thorium Mod kinda got inspired by this since their Aquatic Depths biome takes the entire concept while still being original.

:eek:
+1 support
THROWER CLASS CONTINUING TO HARDMODE?? AMAZING!!!
[doublepost=1484701854,1484701761][/doublepost]
Well, this biome suggestion sounds awesome. Also, I guess the Thorium Mod kinda got inspired by this since their Aquatic Depths biome takes the entire concept while still being original.

One can be on one side of the ocean and the other on on the other side but for like the volcano biome, it can have a chance to go in a world

Rise from the grave, Zombie thread! Muhahahaha

Anyway besides that, this is super awesome. I feel like after you defeat Skeletron you should get a message along the lines of "The Depths of the Ocean are Stiring/have awoken once more" to let you know that now is the time to go to it. Also perhaps you need a higher than usual fishing power to not always catch Junk items? I know you said that you might catch Junk items regardless of fishing power, but somewhere with such primordial power seems like it should be tougher to fish in. Anyway, one of my favourite biome ideas. Support!

Rise from the grave, Zombie thread! Muhahahaha

Anyway besides that, this is super awesome. I feel like after you defeat Skeletron you should get a message along the lines of "The Depths of the Ocean are Stiring/have awoken once more" to let you know that now is the time to go to it. Also perhaps you need a higher than usual fishing power to not always catch Junk items? I know you said that you might catch Junk items regardless of fishing power, but somewhere with such primordial power seems like it should be tougher to fish in. Anyway, one of my favourite biome ideas. Support!

I like the idea of the underground sea being blocked off until after a lategame boss is defeated, but skeletron is too early and the wof is too late, and the only thing that's really preventing players from accessing it is their pickaxe power (hellstone or above) which is how it should be imo.

As for the fishing rod requirements, I'm not sure that really makes sense? The underground sea's water is still regular water and I don't know why you would need a certain type of rod to get stuff out of it. Maybe instead if you have a higher level of rod you have a lower chance to get junk items?

Anyways, I'm glad you like it. :)

I like the idea of the underground sea being blocked off until after a lategame boss is defeated, but skeletron is too early and the wof is too late, and the only thing that's really preventing players from accessing it is their pickaxe power (hellstone or above) which is how it should be imo.

I was thinking that, and remembered that hellstone or above was the requirement only after i posted XD Maybe the hellstone pick and Reaver Shark (which really breaks your idea of progression tbh) could have a tooltip that says "Can mine Abyssal Stone" or such like instead. I personally would likely forget about the biome 50% of the time, so a reminder would be nice.

As for the fishing rod requirements, I'm not sure that really makes sense? The underground sea's water is still regular water and I don't know why you would need a certain type of rod to get stuff out of it. Maybe instead if you have a higher level of rod you have a lower chance to get junk items?

i think this was just me getting an idea in my head. Feel free to ignore it XD

Cool! I will say though, it's kinda a copy of the already-existing aquatic depths from the thorium mod. still would be nice if they expanded ocean though.

I am not a fan of locking a biome that isn't the dungeon behind a fancy pick-axe. The biome's difficulty should keep players out, not rock. The idea of a background wall that takes an end-game hammer to break is also very strange and unfitting. An underground ocean should be similar in difficulty tier to the underground desert.

The majority of the accessories are also very weak, as water is not common in Terraria, especially in combat. There is no real reason to explore this area beyond a neat setting. The pre-hardmode weaponry seem very overpowered as that level of knockback is limited to a few items unlocked in hardmode, and could be used to cheese past most early hardmode enemies. The mirror is also not useful due to its long charge time. Floating items are a mixed bag, I can see the use of a floating glowstick a bit, but not a floating bomb. Why not just craft a sticky bomb and accomplish the same thing?

Love the concept, not a fan of the execution.

Cool! I will say though, it's kinda a copy of the already-existing aquatic depths from the thorium mod. still would be nice if they expanded ocean though.
i made this suggestion before they made the aquatic depths
or at least before i knew about it

if anything they copied me
I am not a fan of locking a biome that isn't the dungeon behind a fancy pick-axe. The biome's difficulty should keep players out, not rock. The idea of a background wall that takes an end-game hammer to break is also very strange and unfitting. An underground ocean should be similar in difficulty tier to the underground desert.

The majority of the accessories are also very weak, as water is not common in Terraria, especially in combat. There is no real reason to explore this area beyond a neat setting. The pre-hardmode weaponry seem very overpowered as that level of knockback is limited to a few items unlocked in hardmode, and could be used to cheese past most early hardmode enemies. The mirror is also not useful due to its long charge time. Floating items are a mixed bag, I can see the use of a floating glowstick a bit, but not a floating bomb. Why not just craft a sticky bomb and accomplish the same thing?

Love the concept, not a fan of the execution.

Yeah the early-hardmode/late pre-hardmode "access" period for this biome puts it in probably one of the worst possible areas of the game; one that's already chock-full of much of the game's content. Early hardmode is usually one of the most chaotic times in the entire game.

I could either bump it to mid-hardmode or down to mid-prehardmode, and like you said, make it available at pretty much any time. The accessories and items ARE pretty weak and could be modified to be a lot more useful.

As for the floating stuff... I guess it exists for the same reason that bouncy items do. Just for the :red: of it.

Anyways, thanks for the criticism. Maybe I'll try getting around to reworking this thread on a rainy day.

Hi, I like the concept and designs of your sprites, especially the weapons and armors, they look really good.

However, your enemies section may need more work as some of them seem pretty generic with alot of fishes.

Maybe make the top ocean connect to the bottom biome underground sea by a cylindrical hole and make the biome really deep.

Google lamprey, perhaps make a huge version of that or centipede like creature with long neck, etc. These are just examples.

Otherwise your thread is very well thought out. Thumbs up!

however, your enemies section may need more work as some of them seem pretty generic with alot of fishes.
I only have about 3 fish themed enemies, and they're each fairly different from eachother.
Maybe make the top ocean connect to the bottom biome underground sea by a cylindrical hole and make the biome really deep.
Nah. Thorium mod's biome already has that and i'd have to change a bunch of stuff about the biome that I kinda like.
Google lamprey, perhaps make a huge version of that or centipede like creature
That's kinda just the hagfish and giant isopod.

i don't really agree with any of your feedback, but thanks anyways. it's important to have

Back
Top Bottom