The United States of Planterica has awoken!

Discussion in 'NPCs & Enemies' started by Bry-ccentric, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

So this was a thing that spawned from a joke status someone made.
    Someone wanted a Plantera of the United States of America, and I delivered without asking if I should.
    I then went the extra mile to make it a suggestion.
    ...Something's wrong with me.
    If you cringe at the new stats, don't worry, I'm probably cringing at least thrice as hard as you are.

PLANTERICA
    Plantera wanted to celebrate the 4th, so it paid the Painter in Chlorophyte Green Paint to paint it to resemble the US flag. It was not disappointed.
    It fights differently, has different stats, inflicts a crap ton of different debuffs, and is now ok with fighting on the overground Jungle. It also doesn't damage the Painter NPC, because that'd be pretty mean when you consider what he did.
    Can only be fought on the 4th of July. Summoned in the same manner as usual.

Phase 1
    [​IMG]

Red Stats are for Expert Mode.
    Type: Boss
    Environment: Jungle, Underground Jungle
    AI Type: Plantera AI
    Damage:

60 | 50 (Contact)
    55 |
    85 (Planterocket [​IMG])
    44 |
    77 (Poison Planterocket [Same Sprite as the normal one])
    75 |
    125 (Star Ball [​IMG])
    60 |
    120 (Hook [​IMG])
    45 |
    90 (Tentacles [​IMG])
    HP: 28000 | 35000
    Defense: 36
    KB Resistance: 100%
    Planterockets inflict Dazed (75%) for 3 |
    6 seconds and Burning (50%) for 2 - 4 seconds, and the poison ones inflict Poison (100%) for 5 - 10 | 5 seconds
    Star Ball (assuming it actually hits) inflicts Tipsy for 15 |
    30 seconds and Broken Armor (25%) for 35 seconds
    Immune to Poison, Venom and Confused
    So, Plantera (or as it now prefers to be called, "Planterica") has devised a bunch of new attacks to celebrate the 4th, and they all really suck to be hit by.
    Instead of (poison) seeds, it now fires "Planterockets", which are fireworks that fly to where you where when it was fired and then explode on the spot with 150% the range of a Bomb (they also explode if they hit a block, but they go through blocks in Expert), and when it reaches 75% HP it'll start firing Poison Planterockets that, well, poison you. Its Spike Balls are now Star-shaped and deal more damage, but have a 37.5% chance of not dealing damage on contact but will still knock you back. The Tentacles hurt less but move twice as fast, and the Hooks, uh... the hooks are the same. No changes at all.
    Phase 2
    [​IMG]

Red Stats are for Expert Mode.
    Type: Boss
    Environment: Jungle, Underground Jungle
    AI Type: Plantera AI
    Damage:

80 | 96 (Contact)
    80 |
    140 (Star Ball [​IMG])
    80 |
    125 (Star Spore [​IMG])
    60 |
    120 (Hook [​IMG])
    45 |
    90 (Tentacles [​IMG])
    HP: 14000/28000 | 17500/35000
    Defense: 18
    KB Resistance: 100%
    Star Ball inflicts Tipsy for 15 |
    30 seconds and Broken Armor (25%) for 35 seconds
    Star Spores have a chance of inflicting | always inflict one of the following: Cursed (20%) and Confused (20%) for 4 | 7 seconds and Slow (20%), Weak (20%) and Silenced (20%) for 12 | 18 seconds
    Immune to Poison, Venom and Confused
    Upon moving on to Phase 2, it launches 4 Planterockets in a + sign.
    The Spore is now a star and is fired in groups of 3 - 5 upwards off-screen which then fly down in an attempt to hit you like a Falling Star, with the ability to fly through blocks until it's 3 blocks away from you. This star deals a lot of damage and also inflicts a variety of debuffs. It also coughs up 1 - 3 |
    3 - 6 Star Balls every 10 - 20 seconds in your direction. Tentacles will fire 1 Star every 25 seconds, which goes down to 12 seconds when Planterica reaches 20% HP, and then 6 when at 10%.
    Drops:
    18 [​IMG]
    Firework Cannon [​IMG] (Replaces Grenade Launcher)
    Planterocket [​IMG] 99 - 249 (Replaces Rocket I)
    Star Shooter [​IMG] (Replaces Venus Magnum)
    Firecrackers [​IMG] 49 - 149 (Replaces Nettle Burst)
    Glow Rod [​IMG] (Replaces Leaf Blower)
    Suppressed State [​IMG] (Replaces Flower Pow)
    Firefly Gun [​IMG] (Replaces Wasp Gun)
    American Chopper [​IMG] (Replaces the Seedler)

New Drops
    Firework Cannon
    [​IMG]

Dropped by Plantera.
    This weapon is a pioneer is the first of its kind.
    Hold the attack button and your Terrarian holds it over their head and starts launching Fireworks directly upwards in volleys of 3. After reaching ~25 blocks upwards, it starts to fall straight down. The rockets explode upon hitting blocks, and each Firework inflicts different things. Red inflicts On Fire! for 15 seconds, Yellow inflicts Slow for 20 seconds, Green inflicts Confusion for 7 seconds, Blue inflicts Frostburn for 25 seconds, look at the Planterocket to see what that does, and every rocket excluding Blue has a 25% chance of inflicting Burning for 3 seconds. Rockets are affected by wind.
    Type: Weapon
    Damage: 80 (Ranged)
    Knockback: 9 (Very Strong)
    CRIT Chance: 20%
    Use Time: 20 (Very Fast)
    Velocity: 15

Rarity: Cyan
    Sell: 5
    Planterocket
    [​IMG]

Dropped by Planterica in groups of 99 to 249.
    Hey look, it's a 5th type of rocket. Neato.
    It functions the same as the other rockets, but only deals 120 damage. It also Poisons enemies for a whopping 30 seconds, though, so that makes up for it. Also has a 25% chance of Burning enemies for 3 seconds.
    Type: Furniture / Mechanism
    Damage: 120
    Placeable
    : Yep
    Dimensions: 1 x 2
    Use Time: 14 (Very Fast)
    Inflicts Debuff: Poison, Burning

Rarity: Lime
    Sell: 1
    Star Shooter
    [​IMG]

Dropped by Planterica.
    Doesn't look the part, but this thing is the fastest thing in the game, with a Use Time of 2. As you'd expect, though, this thing doesn't do very much damage, and bullet damage is halved. But the bullets get stuck on enemies, and if you get 25 bullets stuck on an enemy, they'll all burst through the enemy, dealing 1000% damage.
    1000%
    If you go 2 seconds after hitting with the first bullet and don't reach 25, though, the bullets stuck on the enemy just disappear.
    Damage: 30 (50% Bullet damage)
    Knockback: 0.5 (Extremely Weak)
    CRIT Chance: 14%
    Use Time: 2 (Insanely Fast)
    Velocity: 40
    Tooltip: Now you can really shoot at the stars, with no ammo limits!
    Rarity:
    Cyan
    Firecracker
    [​IMG]
    Dropped by Planterica in groups of 25 to 50, and bought from the Merchant and Demolitionist once one is already in possession.
    A direct upgrade to the Grenade, basically. On use, it throws a firecracker with up to a 25° deviation from where your mouse pointed. On a hit, it explodes, inflicting a couple of debuffs, such as On Fire!, Burning, Confused or Dazed, all with a 25% chance each, and all for 5 seconds. On Fire! and Burning cannot be inflicted with the same throw, and neither can Confused and Dazed. Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that these explode if they so much as scrape a block so maybe be a little careful with these (Throwing these on the ground as an item will result in the entire stack exploding at once, so be careful)
    Damage: 50 (Throwing)
    Knockback: 8 (Very Strong)
    CRIT Chance: 4%
    Use Time: 30 (Average)
    Velocity: 9.5
    Tooltip: It's only fun if you aim at somebody

Rarity: Pink
    Buy: 7 50
    Sell: 1 50
    Glow Rod
    [​IMG]

Dropped by Planterica.
    So, this thing is a very fun magic weapon.
    Hold either Attack or Alt-fire and it charges up and starts to light up. After 2 seconds, it'll cycle through a red, blue and white glow, which will light up the area around you. Once it's glowing, you can let go, and attacking normally will swing it around you, leaving a glowing ring (which also cycles through red, blue and white) which will damage anything it touches and lasts for 30 seconds. It will not move with you, though, but rather, you leave a bunch of glowing rings everywhere (up to 6 at a time) and then you use Alt-fire, which will then summon a [​IMG] for each circle, and then they fall down, using the circles as their targets. It's basically a landmine weapon.
    Damage: 25 Glow Ring (Magic, armor-piercing),
    80 Star (Magic)
    Knockback: 0 (None)
    Mana: 5 per Glow Ring, 5 per Star summoned (Mana regen is stopped while using)
    Use Time: 20 (Very Fast)
    Velocity: 0 Glow Ring, same as a Falling Star for the Star
    Tooltip: Summon targets and rain down shooting stars with Alt-fire
    Rarity:
    Cyan
    Suppressed State
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dropped by Planterica.
    I need a better name for this.
    So this flail inflicts debuffs AND has a special attack. Every time it hits, it has a 50% chance of inflicting Tipsy for 15 seconds, a 20% chance of inflicting Broken Armor for 25 seconds, and a 30% chance of inflicting nothing. It ALSO loses a spike for every enemy it hits, and on the 5th hit it explodes like a firework. You can immediately throw the flail out again when it explodes, so this is a really good weapon for crowd control.
    Damage: 50 (Melee, armor-piercing)
    Knockback: 8 (Very Strong)

CRIT Chance: 10%
    Use Time: 35 (Slow)
    Velocity: 14
    Rarity:
    Yellow
    Firefly Gun
    [​IMG]

Dropped by Planterica.
    This is kinda the exact same thing as the Wasp Gun. You fire, and the Fireflies just go and bounce off of things a couple of times. But the Fireflies don't pierce at all and do more damage, and they inflict Shine (100%) for 120 seconds, as well as On Fire! (50%) for 10-20 seconds. And the Fireflies themselves glow as Firefly critters normally would, too, so this weapon is very useful for lighting up an area. This weapon also has an upgrade, which we'll get to in a bit.
    Damage: 50
    Knockback: 2 (Very Weak)
    Mana: 8
    CRIT Chance: 5%
    Use Time: 13 (Very Fast)
    Velocity: 5

Rarity: Yellow
    Sell: 10
    American Chopper
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dropped by Planterica.
    So this is a neat weapon. You hold down the attack button and it starts spinning at the same speed as the Sky Dragon's Fury. AND after every 3 seconds that this thing spins, another flag appears, opposite to it. Then a 3rd one spawns. Then it looks like the second sprite. And then you stare in awe as it chops up enemies like butter. And then do so more when you realize that this thing has practically no knockback.
    Damage: 45 (Melee)
    Knockback: 1 (Extremely Weak)
    CRIT Chance: 0% (Can be increased with bonuses)
    Use Time: 30 (Average)
    Tooltip: 'MERICA! HECK YEAH!
    Rarity:
    Yellow

Craftable Weapons
    Firecracker 4-Pack
    [​IMG]

Crafted with 4 Firecrackers and 2 Silk Rope, and bought from the Travelling Merchant Post-Plantera during the 4th of July.
    It's literally just a 4-Pack. The first firecracker is completely accurate, but the other three can deviate up to 40° from the first one. Velocity is also slightly lower.

Damage: 45 (Throwing)
    Knockback: 7 (Very Strong)
    Use Time: 35 (Slow)
    Velocity: 7.5
    Rarity:
    Lime

Buy: 25
    Firecracker Rope
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Crafted with 72 Firecrackers/18 Firecracker 4-Packs, a Silk Rope Coil and 20 Ectoplasm.
    ...aaaaaaand this is why I replaced the Nettle Burst with Firecrackers.
    'cuz this thing. It acts the same way, summoning an 18-block Firecracker Rope (By the way the 2nd sprite is the projectile because I'm lazy) that goes through blocks and damages enemies. But every time an enemy touches a piece, the piece explodes, sending 3 Firecrackers in the enemy's general direction for more damage (and debuffs. By the way, this thing still inflicts debuffs). BY THE WAY, IT'S A MAGIC WEAPON THAT AUTO-FIRES NOW.

Damage: 40 (Magic)
    Knockback: 7 (Very Strong)
    Mana: 15
    Use Time: 24 (Fast)
    Velocity: 24
    Tooltip: That's a lot of firecrackers...

Rarity: Yellow
    Lightning Bug Gun
    [​IMG]

Crafted with a Firefly Gun, 25 Lightning Bugs and 16 Hallowed Bars.
    So now it's closer to the Wasp Gun, but these things only pierce once and inflict Electrified (100%) for 4 seconds. Most knockback is lost and it's weaker, but it's a lot faster. Now inflicts Shine for 240 seconds.

Damage: 35
    Knockback: 0.5 (Extremely Weak)
    Mana: 7
    CRIT Chance: 10%
    Use Time: 9 (Very Fast)
    Velocity: 11

Rarity:
    Cyan
    Sell: 12

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  2. This is
    just
    beautiful.

How would you summon it, though?

3. tacticturtle123

tacticturtle123 Steampunker

I imagine you summon it like a normal plantera,except you spawn it on the 4th of july if you want to fight planterica.

Bry-ccentric likes this.
  4. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

Plantericaaaa, :redmunch: yeah!

The suggestion looks nice, but it needs more america related drops.
    I suggest that it should drop a 999 stack of blocks that are the hardest to mine and call it "The Great Wall"

Bry-ccentric likes this.
  5. Creeper da Snek

Creeper da Snek Plantera

ohhh say cAN YOU SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    BY THE DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT
    IT'S A GIIIIIIANT :red:ING PLANT
    COMING FOR ALL OF OUR SOULS

Jokes aside, this is a pretty good idea, even if it started out as a joke. :)

6. tacticturtle123

agreed. and funnily enough, I didn't cringe at all reading this thread and it would certainly be cool to see. but as ppowersteef said, it would be cooler if it had more america related drops

Bry-ccentric likes this.
  7. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

Didn't get to it in time.
    If it makes up for it I'll add more stuff now, even if it's the 5th now.
    *COUGH* The Wall of Trump boss confirmed

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    SkeletalDestroyr likes this.
  8. tacticturtle123

nice! I can see you've done some work on the american chopper!

even if it does look like a nazi swastika

TMB50 likes this.
  9. Almighty bobbit worm

Almighty bobbit worm Skeletron Prime

The fact that i found this suggestion makes me happy.

Anyways support ive allways wanted 4th of july themed content in terraia

PLANTIRICA :red: YEA BROTHHHHHHERRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSS

Bry-ccentric likes this.
  10. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

I was really hoping nobody would think that.
    My sister was looking at my screen and pointed this out and I hadn't noticed.

11. tacticturtle123

Lol, oh well
    I see you've updated it and added the planterockets Neato.
    this may have been a joke suggestion but it actually sounds better than quite a lot of serious suggestions

Bry-ccentric likes this.
  12. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

Still planning on adding more weapons. 2 new items isn't enough.

13. tacticturtle123

Looking forward to them!

Bry-ccentric likes this.
  14. Bry-ccentric

Bry-ccentric Steampunker

Alright, added the Suppressed State, Glow Rod and the Firework Cannon!
    I, uh, still gotta replace the Venus Magnum, Nettle Burst and the Wasp Gun, but after I do that, I'm gonna add new fireworks!
    ...I'm working on this way more than I should be, and it's already past the 4th.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Almighty bobbit worm likes this.
  15. GoldM

GoldM Plantera

Just saying, you can't have an item with a use time of 2. Items with use times of 1 or 2 don't even work.

16. tacticturtle123

the lower the number of the use speed, the slower it fires if it's the fastest thing in the game it would probably have a use speed of 9

17. GoldM

GoldM Plantera

That's not true. For example, the Uzi has a use time of 8, while the Sniper Rifle has a use time of 39.

18. tacticturtle123

oh yeah..
    but the megasharks use speed is 7. which is insanely fast. but if 39 is very slow.. maybe 7 or 6 are the fastest firing speeds and anything more or less than that fires slower?

19. GoldM

GoldM Plantera

The fastest is the Chain Gun with a use time of 4. Go here and sort be use time: http://terraria.gamepedia.com/List_of_weapons

20. tacticturtle123

well maybe 3 would be the fastest firing speed? since firing speed 1 and 2 don't work?