Console The Year Ahead & The Community "Takes Control"

Honestly I'm an xbox user but I suspect that you'll need to upload it to the cloud first. Do you have a friend with a PS3?

Yes, but not the game (my copy's digital). I do have the game on PS Vita though. Does that help?
On that note, I've noticed a lot of crashing on the PS Vita, several in a single day. Has that been typical for everyone?

Last edited:
Yes, but not the game (my copy's digital). I do have the game on PS Vita though. Does that help?
On that note, I've noticed a lot of crashing on the PS Vita, several in a single day. Has that been typical for everyone?
Well if your friend is ok with it you should be able to sign in on their playstation and download it from the market place. That way you can plug in the USB and upload to the cloud.

Sadly yes, crashing is a very common issue for VITA at this time. Please give a detailed report at this site http://support.505games.com/

Well if your friend is ok with it you should be able to sign in on their playstation and download it from the market place. That way you can plug in the USB and upload to the cloud.

Sadly yes, crashing is a very common issue for VITA at this time. Please give a detailed report at this site http://support.505games.com/
I'll give it a try. Oh and I'm pretty sure the crashes are related to saving. Pretty counter-intuitive. Thanks.

well the update it includes all of 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 EXCEPT
  • Wearable Accessories
  • Chest Naming
  • Infinite Wiring
  • Ability to change Hair Style in-game
  • Ability to change your default clothing at a dresser
  • Vanity Wings (dyable)
  • Ability to place Switches and levers on a wall

1.2.3 added

• You can now name chests. Nope
  • Added ingame settings menu. ?
  • There's now options for the ambient sound. ?
  • You can now turn platforms into stairs using the hammer. Yep
  • Added infinite wiring support across the map. Nope
  • Updated Robe graphics. ?
  • Updated Music Box graphics. Each music box now has a unique design. ?
  • Music notes now come from music boxes. ?
  • Updated the graphics for Cobalt Shield, Obsidian Shield, and Paladin's Shield. Yep
  • You can now place switches and levers on walls. nope
  • Accessories now have an option to be visible and show on your character. This can be toggled off and on. not listed NOPE!
  • You can now wear vanity wings. Nope
  • Wings can now be dyed. Nope
  • Dyes are now stackable. yep
  • Buckets are now stackable. yep
  • Ore now stacks to 999. yep
  • You can now change clothes at a dresser. Nope
  • Added the ability to mine multiple tiles without resetting the hit count on every tile. ?
  • Increased tile limit to 65536. ?
  • Added cactus variations. yep
  • Added biome specific stalactite variations. yep
  • You can now place saplings on all grass types. ?
  • Reduced the effect of campfire and heart lantern regeneration. ?
  • Ancient Shadow armor drop rate was reduced slightly. ?
  • There are now critter sounds. yep
  • Added sounds for waterfalls and lavafalls. nope?
  • Birds are now more likely to spawn in mornings. Each type has several songs to sing. yep
  • Replaced Tree 9's graphic. ?
  • Players have a longer respawn delay after a non-PVP death with a boss alive in multiplayer.
  • Dark tiles on the map no longer tell you what they are when moused over.
  • Added upside down slopes.
  • Upside down slopes spawn in new worlds.
  • Using Mana Potions now puts a debuff on the player that lowers magic damage based on the amount of time left.
  • Mana potions all have higher stacks.
  • Spelunker no longer gives off light. This prevents ore from showing up on the map.
  • Spelunker now causes ore to be gold colored on the screen
  • Hunter potion no longer gives off light. Enemies will appear in red, friendly creatures appear in green.
  • Slightly reduced the chance for rain.
  • Pyramids are slightly more common.
  • Waterleaf now only blooms in the rain.
  • Life Crystals no longer spawn in the dungeon.
  • Cogs can now be used as a background NOPE!!!!!!
1.2.4 added

• You can now get quests from the Angler NPC for rewards. Each time you complete a quest, the rewards progressively get better. Quests include catching rare kinds of fish, ranging from places such as floating islands to the Underworld and more. yes?
  • You can now use critters as bait for fishing. Most insects such as butterflies, worms, snails, grasshoppers and fireflies work. also yes?
  • You can now ride around in style on the new Minecart system. yes
  • Beaches no longer feel so empty. New Palm trees, scattered shells and starfish, and a sleeping NPC! idk
  • Truffle Worms now spawn in hardmode Mushroom biomes.
  • New Boss - Duke Fishron: Summoned using a Truffle Worm in the ocean.
  • You can now place weapons and tools on the craftable Weapon Rack. (Thank you Goryō for your suggestion!)
  • Added Smart Cursor. This can be toggled using control and has an interface option. Smart Cursor makes digging, chopping, placing, and breaking much faster and easier.
  • You can now craft stone letters and numbers with a Heavy Workbench.
  • Lihzahrd Power Cells drop more commonly from enemies in the temple.
  • Rain is now red during a Blood Moon. yep
  • Updated Gemspark Tiles to make the inner border complete.
  • You can now place coins to create Coin Piles. ?
  • Added several new underground cave wall graphics. ?
  • Moss backgrounds have been updated with new textures. ?
  • Replaced grass graphics for when they are surrounded. ?
  • Grass is now killed when a player covers it in solid tiles. yes?
  • You can now find Shark Statues in worldgen, they spawn sharks when there's enough space. i sure hope so
  • It is now much more likely that you will spawn on a flat clean surface when creating a new world. ?
  • Added some world gen cleanup to remove small segments of floating blocks. ?
  • Worms now spawn when breaking rock and dirt piles. yes?
  • Grasshoppers can now be found when you cut grass. ?
  • Rainbow Bricks and Brick Walls now go through the entire spectrum. ?
  • Hives are now more common.
  • The Abeemination no longer requires Obsidian, Crisp Honey, or a Demon Altar to be crafted. yes
Pixel Piracy Crossover Content
Items
New Music
  • Underground Crimson ?
Optimizations
  • Wiring system runs at least three times faster. Longer wire systems get larger gains. ?
  • Improved multiplayer performance. ?

so not everything but a good start now all we need is a bugfix and those missing things from 1.2.3 and any i missed
btw those dev items are still in the game and still dont kill you like they did on pc prior to 1.3

Last edited:
Can we at least get a fix for Terraria on PS Vita to stop it from crashing and losing valuable play time? Also, would it be too much to ask to fix the upload to cloud feature? I can't upload any of my worlds to the cloud on Vita so I can play them on my PS4, there is always an error. I can provide more information if required and take screenshots/pictures of the problems.

I love the control scheme on the PS Vita, it works very well for me. It is so much fun for me to lay in bed and play the PS Vita version before I go to bed. It would be very nice to have an XBox Controller scheme on Windows 10 to play Terraria PC with a controller. Although I like to play on the Vita, I think I like playing with a controller better but all the console versions lack the current content PC has. Adding XBox controller support for it would allow me to play the feature packed PC version on the big screen with my XBox controller whilst sitting on the couch.

The Crashes they're still looking into but this thread has some info about the Cloud issues: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...d-make-accessories-visible.19496/#post-553569 You can post any relevant info you have there :)

Half a year later and the issue is still not fixed. What the hell is going on? What kind of business is this? I still can't play PS Vita because the crashes and world corruptions.

Back
Top Bottom