Console The Year Ahead & The Community "Takes Control"

The controls as they are now are pretty much spot on as is. However I do think adding a mini map of some kind like the pc ver would be nice. I'm thinking you press select/back (or click the touch pad if you're on ps4) to cycle though small-big-and off and hold it to bring up the old map and pvp/people screen.
Also on that not PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE MOON LORD ADD IN THE ABILITY TO MUTE/KICK PEOPLE. Seriously tho as voice chat is the only way to reasonably communicate these are essential functions. You could just have the analog stick select the faces and use the X/A buttons to bring up a small pop up with the option to mute/unmute and kick. As it stands right now. The only way to kick people is to leave the world entirely and that kicks everyone which is not reasonable at all. Anyway thanks for reading all of this. I hope the devs see it. Have a great day

I suppose it's too much to ask for the console exclusive content on PC... You know... What's commonly known as fair treatment.
O sure. Like being 20 frigging updates ahead and having mods isn't fair treatment because you don't have the 1 boss and 3ish decent armors that your celestial stuff would make look like a toddler. Pc master race much dude?

I personally would like to see the speed in manual cursor mode not only extended for some items (i.e. The blizzard staff, rod of discord)
last I checked if you set your cursor to manual (crosshair) the range is unlimited for those items. It also extends If you have any item with +range on it. It's only analog (circle) mode that never changes size
[DOUBLEPOST=1440144959,1440144851][/DOUBLEPOST]
Will the spectre mAsk be added? I can't seem to craft it currently :(
[DOUBLEPOST=1440140566,1440140479][/DOUBLEPOST]Spectre hood is 1.2.3, right?
I think you just didn't have enough shroomite bars or are looking on the wrong row. I got it just fine
[DOUBLEPOST=1440145331][/DOUBLEPOST]
Reindeer bells aren't in the game yet...on console...technically
I got my hands on some. They're technically in the game like the S.D.M.G. but they don't do or summon anything..... also I got my hands on some presents too.... they don't work right ether Alto they may be glitched

Last edited by a moderator:
O sure. Like being 20 frigging updates ahead and having mods isn't fair treatment because you don't have the 1 boss and 3ish decent armors that your celestial stuff would make look like a toddler. Pc master race much dude?

We get them early because Terraria came out on PC two years before the console ports, Einstein. Plus you'll get our updates eventually, but your exclusives are permanent.

We get them early because Terraria came out on PC two years before the console ports, Einstein. Plus you'll get our updates eventually, but your exclusives are permanent.
OK point. Still. You guys have mods. The best we got is inventory editors and that only cheapens the game. Not adding onto it. Side's If I remember you guys have the bunny pet from the collector's edition that's exclusive to you

OK point. Still. You guys have mods. The best we got is inventory editors and that only cheapens the game. Not adding onto it. Side's If I remember you guys have the bunny pet from the collector's edition that's exclusive to you

Mods are an advantage of the platform, not a feature of the game. Not my fault you picked the wrong platform. I could very well say "you guys have better performance" and even the odds.

Plus mods are something we make ourselves. So what you're essentially saying is we shouldn't get the content we can make our own.

Mods are an advantage of the platform, not a feature of the game. Not my fault you picked the wrong platform. I could very well say "you guys have better performance" and even the odds.

Plus mods are something we make ourselves. So what you're essentially saying is we shouldn't get the content we can make our own.
1 I don't have a proper pc (writing this on my phone.)
2 we both know us "console peasants" don't have better performance. As the numerous post on this thread have pointed out via all of the random crashes.
3 really? Advantage of the platform. Thats kinda my point. You pc guys will always have support for the game. Its buggy as hell? User made patch can fix that. Nothing new to do? Mod in a boss. Hell if you guys we're truly desperate for ocram and what not. You can mod him in. we don't have that freedom.
I'm not saying you shouldn't get that. I'm saying just because it isn't made by the dev team doesn't mean it's exclusive. I'd love to have mods on my ps3 but we both know that isn't happening.

3 really? Advantage of the platform. Thats kinda my point. You pc guys will always have support for the game. Its buggy as hell? User made patch can fix that. Nothing new to do? Mod in a boss. Hell if you guys we're truly desperate for ocram and what not. You can mod him in. we don't have that freedom.
Yes, because you chose the wrong platform. Not my fault, not anyone's. You shouldn't get exclusive content for making a poor choice.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get that. I'm saying just because it isn't made by the dev team doesn't mean it's exclusive. I'd love to have mods on my ps3 but we both know that isn't happening.

I assume you meant to say "just because it isn't made by the dev team doesn't mean it's NOT exclusive". And yeah, that's true, sort of (it's restricted to certain platforms because of technical reasons, not because someone made it so). It's an advantage of the platform, not an exclusive feature of the game.

You talk as if that mod you mentioned is something one can simply whip up in a few minutes. FYI it involves hard work, I'm curious just how many modders (serious ones) even have time to enjoy the game.

And as I said, I could easily pick out an advantage of the Xbox to make up for the fact that we can mod games if you really want to play that way. Performance is a bad example? Well so is yours. Show me a mod that brings Ocram to PC. Better yet, if you don't have Terraria on PC I'll gift you a copy and you can port Ocram yourself if it's so easy.

Yes, because you chose the wrong platform. Not my fault, not anyone's. You shouldn't get exclusive content for making a poor choice.

I assume you meant to say "just because it isn't made by the dev team doesn't mean it's NOT exclusive". And yeah, that's true, sort of (it's restricted to certain platforms because of technical reasons, not because someone made it so). It's an advantage of the platform, not an exclusive feature of the game.

You talk as if that mod you mentioned is something one can simply whip up in a few minutes. FYI it involves hard work, I'm curious just how many modders (serious ones) even have time to enjoy the game.

And as I said, I could easily pick out an advantage of the Xbox to make up for the fact that we can mod games if you really want to play that way. Performance is a bad example? Well so is yours. Show me a mod that brings Ocram to PC. Better yet, if you don't have Terraria on PC I'll gift you a copy and you can port Ocram yourself if it's so easy.
...... welp. I got schooled. Gg. Still I'm not stupid nuff to know that Modding isn't easy (at lest on the technical side and sometimes on the client side too depending on the game *cough* gta5 *cough*) I was just saying if you we're that desperate you COULD mod him in. I didn't say it was easy. I just said you could do it. Also thanks for the offer (as sarcastic as it may or may not be) to buy the pc ver for me but I'll pass. I have my reasons for sticking to the consoles (mainly I have a console not a pc) however please refrain from saying it's the "wrong platform" especially on a console thread as it only starts fights and disputes. (Much like the one we're having now) still I will concede and admit if I had the choice I would be playing pc right now. I mean ocram is just a modified eye of Cthulhu. Only thing we have that you don't that is worthy of note in my opinion is red's wings infinite flight and I'm pretty sure we're about to lose that in the next update
[DOUBLEPOST=1440190775,1440190642][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like how they asked for suggestions for controls and not added functionality for the controller and almost every suggestion is "add this function to the controls" and now it's just devolved into some whiny pc user arguing about not having all the exclusive content. Well guess what anarchyblues exclusive means EXCLUSIVE what would the point of making it exclusive if they just put it on pc anyways you dummy, that would be a giant middle finger to the people who paid for the console version and the pc version of "exclusive" is getting big updates years before us so stop acting like a greedy little brat and whine on some other post
....... this is starting to get it of hand.....

Last edited:
...please refrain from saying it's the "wrong platform" especially on a console thread as it only starts fights and disputes.

Sure, as soon as console owners stop acting like we have no rights because we can do the developer's jobs for them, 'cause that's essentially what "you have modding!" implies.

Anyway, whether the content is actually good or not is highly subjective (my opinion: it's garbage). But the fact that it is extra content is about as objective as it gets, and it's not fair that you're getting more content than we are. Especially since, if we hadn't bought Terraria on PC, you likely wouldn't have it now at all. Like I said, I'm not asking them to port over Ocram and the other stuff, but we should have exclusive content of our own.

Last edited:
Sure, as soon as console owners stop acting like we have no rights because we can do the developer's jobs for them, 'cause that's essentially what "you have modding!" implies.

Anyway, whether the content is actually good t or not is highly subjective (my opinion: it's garbage). But the fact that it is extra content is about as objective as it gets, and it's not fair that you're getting more content than we are. Especially since, if we hadn't bought Terraria on PC, you likely wouldn't have it now at all. Like I said, I'm not asking them to port over Ocram and the other stuff, but we should have exclusive content of our own.
OK the exclusive stuff of you own is reasonable. I'd argue that being so ahead and having mods is enough but that's just me. The "no rights" thing was never implied. The thing that ticked me off in order to start this line of dispute (and will piss others off too) is that the bone the devs threw us "console peasants" is unfair towards the pc owners? Its the ol "pc master race" thing yet again. it's not that you want it. Its that you want it because we have it and you don't when in the eyes of many you already have plenty. the Jealousy and superiority complexes only give justification to the fight.

...........Stepping back from this i've just relised something. This is actually quite shallow for both sides to stoop this low and engage in such a petty argument. I say we leave this here and just go our own ways. we both admit we're right in some respects and wrong in others. That way this thread can return to the suggestion page it's supposed to be.

Last edited:
OK the exclusive stuff of you own is reasonable. I'd argue that being so ahead and having mods is enough but that's just me. The "no rights" thing was never implied. The thing that ticked me off in order to start this line of dispute (and will piss others off too) is that the bone the devs threw us "console peasants" is unfair towards the pc owners? Its the ol "pc master race" thing yet again. it's not that you want it. Its that you want it because we have it and you don't when in the eyes of many you already have plenty. the Jealousy and superiority complexes only give justification to the fight.

I don't know what fight you're talking about. As for the reason, yeah it's pretty much that. You have it, we don't. We were first, some would argue we should be the ones to get more content, but I'd be happy just to be equal with the console base, and that goes far beyond just Terraria. Particularly as far as Microsoft / Xbox are concerned (Sony doesn't owe us anything, they have their own thing going).

...........Stepping back from this i've just relised something. This is actually quite shallow for both sides to stoop this low and engage in such a petty argument. I say we leave this here and just go our own ways. we both admit we're right in some respects and wrong in others. That way this thread can return to the suggestion page it's supposed to be.

When was this thread about suggestions? We're very much on-topic far as I can tell. I still don't know what argument you're talking about.

Sigh, everybody always takes everything personally, and I'm the one getting the warnings...

(Sony doesn't owe us anything, they have their own thing going).

When was this thread about suggestions?

I'm using a ps3 actually. But I agree that in a perfect world all the versions would get the same updates (kinda like what mojang is trying to create with the minecraft Java free ver on windows 10)But that's not a reality

Also it's been one from the very start. Its ment for suggestions for controller maps and similar controls. If you go to around page 9 and up you can see what I mean.

Will the spectre mAsk be added? I can't seem to craft it currently :(
[DOUBLEPOST=1440140566,1440140479][/DOUBLEPOST]Spectre hood is 1.2.3, right?
The Mask should come with the 1.2.4 update this Holiday season I'm sure :) The hood is already in game :)

The controls as they are now are pretty much spot on as is. However I do think adding a mini map of some kind like the pc ver would be nice. I'm thinking you press select/back (or click the touch pad if you're on ps4) to cycle though small-big-and off and hold it to bring up the old map and pvp/people screen.
Also on that not PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE MOON LORD ADD IN THE ABILITY TO MUTE/KICK PEOPLE. Seriously tho as voice chat is the only way to reasonably communicate these are essential functions. You could just have the analog stick select the faces and use the X/A buttons to bring up a small pop up with the option to mute/unmute and kick. As it stands right now. The only way to kick people is to leave the world entirely and that kicks everyone which is not reasonable at all. Anyway thanks for reading all of this. I hope the devs see it. Have a great day

last I checked if you set your cursor to manual (crosshair) the range is unlimited for those items. It also extends If you have any item with +range on it. It's only analog (circle) mode that never changes size
[DOUBLEPOST=1440144959,1440144851][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think you just didn't have enough shroomite bars or are looking on the wrong row. I got it just fine
[DOUBLEPOST=1440145331][/DOUBLEPOST]
I got my hands on some. They're technically in the game like the S.D.M.G. but they don't do or summon anything..... also I got my hands on some presents too.... they don't work right ether Alto they may be glitched
1.) Likely won't get a mini-map since only X1 and PS4 have the screen space and RAM for it.

2.) I agree that this would be a great addition but this thread is supposed to be about control schemes, not new features :p

3.) You should not respond to off topic discussions. 'PC Master Race much duede?' is inflammatory and not allowed here, stay on topic and respectful please.

4.) Some items (Blizzard staff for example) should have unlimited cursor range but they don't.

5.) You should avoid discussing items that are not obtainable through regular standard gameplay, at least never discuss how to obtain them as that's against our rules here.

@AnarchyBlues: The purpose of this thread was to announce the coming update and request console control schemes, your initial post was entirely off topic let alone misplaced as 505 and Engine have no influence over what is added to PC Terraria, especially since you're not even asking for the console exclusives but brand new ones. Feel free to PM me if you wish to continue this discussion.

I are ready have a duke fishron farm hahahahaha`:naughty:
[DOUBLEPOST=1440251168,1440250892][/DOUBLEPOST]Also subscribe to happy days he show how To farm everything cool huh :D

The Mask should come with the 1.2.4 update this Holiday season I'm sure :) The hood is already in game :)

1.) Likely won't get a mini-map since only X1 and PS4 have the screen space and RAM for it.

2.) I agree that this would be a great addition but this thread is supposed to be about control schemes, not new features :p

3.) You should not respond to off topic discussions. 'PC Master Race much duede?' is inflammatory and not allowed here, stay on topic and respectful please.

4.) Some items (Blizzard staff for example) should have unlimited cursor range but they don't.

5.) You should avoid discussing items that are not obtainable through regular standard gameplay, at least never discuss how to obtain them as that's against our rules here.

@AnarchyBlues: The purpose of this thread was to announce the coming update and request console control schemes, your initial post was entirely off topic let alone misplaced as 505 and Engine have no influence over what is added to PC Terraria, especially since you're not even asking for the console exclusives but brand new ones. Feel free to PM me if you wish to continue this discussion.
1. Awww danggit. Was worth a shot
2.I thought it was related since it was control related (you control who you can and Can't hear) but I understand this isn't the proper place for that and if you can point me in the correct direction to post that that'd be fantastic.
3.sorry. still new and I don't know how to create a private chat so we don't dog up so much space. But you're right. I had no right to say that.
4. Really? o_O ima have to double check. EDIT: well color me blue you're right. They don't have infinite range O.O
5. Never said how I got it but I'll keep that in mind.
Thanks for clearing this up and I'll make sure I won't slog up space like this again.

Last edited:
1. Awww danggit. Was worth a shot
2.I thought it was related since it was control related (you control who you can and Can't hear) but I understand this isn't the proper place for that and if you can point me in the correct direction to post that that'd be fantastic.
3.sorry. still new and I don't know how to create a private chat so we don't dog up so much space. But you're right. I had no right to say that.
4. Really? o_O ima have to double check. EDIT: well color me blue you're right. They don't have infinite range O.O
5. Never said how I got it but I'll keep that in mind.
Thanks for clearing this up and I'll make sure I won't slog up space like this again.
3.) There's a 'Start a conversation' option underneath every avatar in a thread post :)
EDIT: I also have links to both our Rules and User Guides in my signature :)

3.) There's a 'Start a conversation' option underneath every avatar in a thread post :)
EDIT: I also have links to both our Rules and User Guides in my signature :)
3. ...... ◑ˍ◐ *facepalm* I'm blind.
Also thanks
Edit: did you actually color me blue? I didn't know you could do that to text

Last edited:
annoyed-im-watching-u-s.png

Nike Leon, haha I meant the mask sorry`:)
[DOUBLEPOST=1440414377,1440414263][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry for double post but, can't you open a chest with the nimbus rod, which has infinite reach? I did it before

Back
Top Bottom