Game Mechanics This is gonna sound stupid, but...Time Travel..?

GAMINGPEA_64

Skeletron Prime
I think it would be cool [And kinda stupid] if you could have the power to travel to the past, present and future. There would be 4 warp items. The Past, which is the version of the world when it was first created, the present, take a wild guess, the Good Future, where the evil in the world is gone forever and everything is peaceful, and the Evil Future, an alternete timeline where you failed to stop the evil, and, in this version, the world is 100% Corruption/Crimsion and the player built stuff is destroyed and bosses summon every night. When you're in the past or one of the 2 future's, you could use the Present warp to head back to you're time. Maybe they could be expert mode drops from the Moon Lord. And you could only spend 10 in game hours (10 minutes in real life) in the past or one of the 2 futures, and once you run out of time, you would be sent back to the present. And in the past, you can change it assure a better or worse future. I got this idea, because one time, a bunch of grifers got into my world and destroyed almost the entire world. So, i thought "I wish in terraria, i could head to the past to make better defenses to stop this from happening.". I also wanna see all of the possible outcomes for my world in the 2 futures and wanna revist my world before i started building my empire. So, call me stupid. I like time travel, it doesnt need to be added, but i think it would be kinda cool.

If they were to figure out a way to do this, I have a feeling that it would be an absolute beast to load, even impossible on older or weaker computers. It would probably require the loading of three distinct worlds (which is huge in itself, especially for large worlds), each able to be modified and then saved, with different mechanics in some cases, and able to be switched between at will or at a given time. Very interesting idea though.

The Evil Future will likely be a "grinding zone" for endgame Expert players, like mostly everyone. Still, great idea!

I don't really understand the desire to go back in time to the start of your world if you're going to get kicked out after ten minutes. You won't be able to enact any lasting changes to it; if you go to the present and then the past again, you're just going to return to the start of the world, not the start of the world you just altered. The only two angles I can see to this are nostalgia and going back to loot the same chests over again.

The bad future seems interesting (especially if it generated corruption/crimson structures and chasms across the landscape), but the good future seems like it'd need a lot of new content to really feel any different from the present, and at that point, I'd rather see that effort put into the main game.

Back
Top Bottom