THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
No there is no error
And yes, I can kill the Lacewing but no Empress was spawn after that.
Yep, still can't figure it out . . .

But hey I'll give you one. Since I don't have anything to do atm you could send the tweaklist so that I could check it for myself (right-click on a tweaklist, then select open file location)

Yep, still can't figure it out . . .

But hey I'll give you one. Since I don't have anything to do atm you could send the tweaklist so that I could check it for myself (right-click on a tweaklist, then select open file location)

Attachments

• CHeat.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 105
Ranoru needs help
Apologies for the late reply, (TCF sucks at notifications). It's not included in the pictures, but you made a Darwin Freestyle tweak with the Prismatic Lacewing. The noticeable tweak that probably made the problem was changing its aiStyle into the Empress of Light. By doing so, you're also modifying it's spawn conditions similar to Empress of Light (You originally need a Prismatic lacewing to do so, but since you made it that way, it can never spawn naturally without killing another P. Lacewing first), but it still works by having a P. Lacewing on your inventory and releasing it.

It seems like you wanted it to also attack like the Empress of Light, so for that I suggest using the plugin feature to modify the method AI(), then look for the Empress of Light and the P. Lacewing's npc ID on the if conditions, then at this point you could just swap, or play with some of their abilities.

Apologies for the late reply, (TCF sucks at notifications). It's not included in the pictures, but you made a Darwin Freestyle tweak with the Prismatic Lacewing. The noticeable tweak that probably made the problem was changing its aiStyle into the Empress of Light. By doing so, you're also modifying it's spawn conditions similar to Empress of Light (You originally need a Prismatic lacewing to do so, but since you made it that way, it can never spawn naturally without killing another P. Lacewing first), but it still works by having a P. Lacewing on your inventory and releasing it.

It seems like you wanted it to also attack like the Empress of Light, so for that I suggest using the plugin feature to modify the method AI(), then look for the Empress of Light and the P. Lacewing's npc ID on the if conditions, then at this point you could just swap, or play with some of their abilities.
Ah no actually when I screenshot the tweak, the issue is already there, I've just added the Darwin Freestyle tweak with the Prismatic Lacewing after commenting this problem (and trust me, I've test 1 more time by delete that AI tweak and still have that problem)

Also tried on vanilla and it working perfectly

@Ranoru
i fix it your luck was way too high and just had the disabled damage modifying any NPC your boss fight has two stages lol
20200718195719_1.jpg
20200718195820_1.jpg
from your fellow Terraria Tweaker 2

Attachments

• CHeat.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
With my tests it seems to work, may be a problem with your Terraria assembly (unsure how it still works with vanilla though). Probably try to recheck/verify your game integrity using steam to restore any unknown tweaks that may have been somehow not been reversed.

EDIT: This post was made shortly after @JAMIEX1988 did, was just a coincidence that both of us posted. (Also @JAMIEX1988, The boss having 2 stages , such as P. Lacewing + Empress of Light is intended as @Ranoru said in an earlier reply.

(Fellow Tweaker Here)

Last edited:
I created my first plugin. I figured out where I needed to edit by just keywords, but for new ones, is there any way to figure out what file an in-game action uses?
Apologies for not noticing immediately. For the answer, there are many resources that can point you for that, but a crude but effective method is to use a decompiler (I suggest ILSpy) and figure things out yourself, then look for explanations at the internet afterwards (This is effective if you only want to learn a specific section of the whole assembly code. Learning everything requires some serious time)

Note: Before making any advanced (or even your first) plugin please read the documentation (Found at TiberiumFusion's Github). It can will save you your sanity, and it teaches you more about the plugin.

(Fellow Tweaker Here)

Last edited:
With my tests it seems to work, maybe a problem with your Terraria assembly (unsure how it still works with vanilla though). Probably try to recheck/verify your game integrity using steam to restore any unknown tweaks that may have been somehow not been reversed.
Yes! This worked, thank you.
I think that when I edited the Pixie AI to Empress AI, somehow it corrupted the game summoning mechanic for the Empress when using the tweak.

When you undeprecate items, some of them will be missing their names. Like First Fractal being called "ItemName.FirstFractal". I know, there are a tons of other languages and the item names and descriptions are probably stored in some language files, but I'm not sure If they're part of the .exe or you can find them in the contents folder. Is it possible to add/modify entries for languages with this tool? Possibly a way to do it manually?

When you undeprecate items, some of them will be missing their names. Like First Fractal being called "ItemName.FirstFractal". I know, there are a tons of other languages and the item names and descriptions are probably stored in some language files, but I'm not sure If they're part of the .exe or you can find them in the contents folder. Is it possible to add/modify entries for languages with this tool? Possibly a way to do it manually?
Either use the plugin tool to give it your own description, or look for the language text files, then modify the desired text.

(Fellow Tweaker Here)

Either use the plugin tool to give it your own description, or look for the language text files, then modify the desired text.

(Fellow Tweaker Here)
Yeah, but I'm literally unable to find anything related to languages in the Terraria folder, no language files found. So I'd assume it's hard-coded. Or is it not?

i have installed everything and i can launch terraria from the app, but the tweaks just dont work, and i've tried everything, and it just makes my terraria laggy. can you help?

i have installed everything and i can launch terraria from the app, but the tweaks just dont work, and i've tried everything, and it just makes my terraria laggy. can you help?
You don't launch it from Terraria.exe, you're supposed to open Terraria Tweaker, then launch your Tweaklist there, which will automatically launch Terraria after patching it.

And if you did done it right, but still doesn't work, can you tell me what tweaks did you use?

(Fellow Tweaker Here)

Has someone already made a plugin that reverts autopausing and brings back the vortex beater glitch? I don't really know if someone can do that for sure, but i can hope.

I'm sorry for not being clear, i luanched it from tweaker, i just am using the undepriciate the depriciated items command

I'm sorry for not being clear, i luanched it from tweaker, i just am using the undepriciate the depriciated items command
Oh. It's impossible to get the unimplemented items through normal gameplay. Either use the 100% research mode tweak (however saving your player whilst this is active will make it permanent except for the unimplemented items upon playing on vanilla Terraria), use the item spawner tweak, or use a different program that can edit your inventory.

(Fellow Tweaker Here)

Oh. It's impossible to get the unimplemented items through normal gameplay. Either use the 100% research mode tweak (however saving your player whilst this is active will make it permanent except for the unimplemented items upon playing on vanilla Terraria), use the item spawner tweak, or use a different program that can edit your inventory.

(Fellow Tweaker Here)
i have an inventory editor, and the program seems to just luanch vanilla terraria instead of a tweaked verson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom