tModLoader [tModLoader] AeONS of Terraria (base)

I am getting this error know any fix

Mod name AeONs of Terraria does not match source directory name AeonsOfTerraria
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMod(String modFile, BuildProperties properties)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMods()

I am getting this error know any fix

at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMod(String modFile, BuildProperties properties)

Did you modify anything in the mod? This shouldn't be happening as I've built it.

Did you modify anything in the mod? This shouldn't be happening as I've built it.
I didnt modify anything in your mod but i do have a custom wavepack if that does anything. This error occurs in the tloader, it says that the mod is working but I need to reload it then this message pops up every time

I didnt modify anything in your mod but i do have a custom wavepack if that does anything. This error occurs in the tloader, it says that the mod is working but I need to reload it then this message pops up every time

I guess something changed in the new tModLoader version regarding loading mods. I think I know how to fix it:
Go in to your Mod Sources folder (I included it with the download), then in AeonsOfTerraria open AeonsOfTerraria.cs (with notepad, or any other text editor)
You'll see a line like this: name = "AeONs of Terraria";
Change it to: name = "AeonsOfTerraria";

Try it, then tell me if it worked.

I guess something changed in the new tModLoader version regarding loading mods. I think I know how to fix it:
Go in to your Mod Sources folder (I included it with the download), then in AeonsOfTerraria open AeonsOfTerraria.cs (with notepad, or any other text editor)
You'll see a line like this: name = "AeONs of Terraria";
Change it to: name = "AeonsOfTerraria";

Try it, then tell me if it worked.
Yep, it worked thanks for the help

Hello sir! I got this error when I tried to enable your mod:

Non-negative number required.
Parameter name: count
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadBytes(Int32 count)

This is the first time I've used tModLoader (I've used tAPI but still), but I'm pretty sure I placed everything correctly: AeonsofTerraria.tmod in the Mods folder AND the AeonsofTerraria folder in the Mods Sources folder.

I hope this error isn't much trouble for you to fix. Don't forget that it may be a mistake on my part! :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: The error that I showed you is the one that showed up in the game when I enabled it, but I went to a folder called 'Logs' and this showed up:

I see that you fixed this with someone else, so I'll follow your instructions and see if it helps.

EDIT 2: The same error showed up for some reason. I changed the .cs file so that it says 'name = AeonsofTerraria' but it didn't help... :sigh:

FINAL EDIT: ... *facepalm* I named it "Aeons of Terraria"... It works now. Sorry for my stupidity lol.

Last edited:
Hello sir! I got this error when I tried to enable your mod:

Non-negative number required.
Parameter name: count
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadBytes(Int32 count)

This is the first time I've used tModLoader (I've used tAPI but still), but I'm pretty sure I placed everything correctly: AeonsofTerraria.tmod in the Mods folder AND the AeonsofTerraria folder in the Mods Sources folder.

I hope this error isn't much trouble for you to fix. Don't forget that it may be a mistake on my part! :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: The error that I showed you is the one that showed up in the game when I enabled it, but I went to a folder called 'Logs' and this showed up:

I see that you fixed this with someone else, so I'll follow your instructions and see if it helps.

EDIT 2: The same error showed up for some reason. I changed the .cs file so that it says 'name = AeonsofTerraria' but it didn't help... :sigh:

FINAL EDIT: ... *facepalm* I named it "Aeons of Terraria"... It works now. Sorry for my stupidity lol.

My apologies, I've uploaded the fixed version so others won't have to do this.

How do i go about downloading this mod? do i just drag files or something more complicated?
(You should have tModLoader downloaded before downloading this mod, because this mod requires tModLoader.) When you download the mod, unzip it with WinRAR or something like it. You should get 2 folders: Mod Sources and Mods. Mod Sources is just the resources that @fractalxx used to create the mod, so you can delete that folder if you want. In the folder titled Mods, there should be 2 files. Copy both of the files. Now you want to go to My Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods. (That's where my mods folder is anyway.) Finally, paste the 2 files you copied into the folder you're in. Then simply run tModLoader and you should be done!

(You should have tModLoader downloaded before downloading this mod, because this mod requires tModLoader.) When you download the mod, unzip it with WinRAR or something like it. You should get 2 folders: Mod Sources and Mods. Mod Sources is just the resources that @fractalxx used to create the mod, so you can delete that folder if you want. In the folder titled Mods, there should be 2 files. Copy both of the files. Now you want to go to My Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods. (That's where my mods folder is anyway.) Finally, paste the 2 files you copied into the folder you're in. Then simply run tModLoader and you should be done!
Thanks! i got it working! just one question, is there supposed to be op weapons able to craft at the very start?

Thanks! i got it working! just one question, is there supposed to be op weapons able to craft at the very start?
I dunno. I never tested the mod because I had a strange problem with tModLoader. Luckily I think they're trying to fix it, even though it may take a while to figure out what's wrong.

It seems that you left test recipes in the mod allowing moonlord tier items to be crafted for free at the beginning of the game.

The Anatsu sword and the shinigami spellbook were available without a crafting recipe or tile dependency making them free to obtain from the very beginning.

P.S: This was with your mod by itself.
P.P.S.:sorry for the slow reply

The Anatsu sword and the shinigami spellbook were available without a crafting recipe or tile dependency making them free to obtain from the very beginning.

P.S: This was with your mod by itself.
P.P.S.:sorry for the slow reply

I forgot, i'll change it as soon as I can. It's just because when I fixed the loading problem, these items were already in the mod. :(

Back
Top Bottom