Sprites Toad Caves (Alternate Spider Nests)

This is fantastic! WE NEED TOADS, DEVS!

+1 Support!

(I always feel stupid being the last one to look at someone's post and say the EXACT SAME THING everyone else has but whatever.)

I see what you did there :D
kD95pD3.png

Reaver_Shark.png
Jungle_Spores.png
Corrupt_Slime.png

It would be nice to see an alternative to the Spider Nest :)

I think its a sweet idea. their should be more toad/frog/snake/etc items of sorts in terraria or just a more swampy biome in general full of things like this

Updated Toad Caves!!!!

Reformatted and Resprited the suggestion!

Here's some of the sprite changes; Look how far I've come along!

m1XixFc.png
>
l3ASQeg.png

glSYNTJ.png
>
nLaG1Sc.png

9xYlYwe.png
SsalZPI.png
>
Iqxnflu.png

LrmG0NW.png
>
y9IFrUu.png

kD95pD3.png
>
BAwzMYf.png

tCmg0BR.png
>
VEXBiXe.png

ObEiaXv.png
>
oJKSGzS.gif

a66V8ZH.png
>
FpmtMRA.png

RWjyYJE.png
>
c0ZJQ4P.png

Toad Caves lacks a bit of content since it's an alt of a mini-biome. So the tables don't have quite the impact they do when they're sorting a lot of information. But Toad Caves deserved the love of being updated to my current standards.

Love the update, but the outline looks too dark for it to match with other Terraria sprites.

Allow me to direct you to the disclaimer...
This is a suggestion. And as such does not assume anything definitively. This means...

Balance is a non-issue; the numbers are provided to elicit an idea of what values an object could have. If the not-set-in-stone-imaginary numbers upset you, you're welcome to suggest other numbers, but they have no bearing on the suggestion changed or not.

Sprites are a non-issue; sprites have been provided, like balance, to help imagine the suggestion as a concept. In no way are any of the sprites final. Just like the numbers, they too are not-set-in-stone-imaginary things. This means that recolored, spliced, and unique sprites have no ultimate bearing on the suggestion. If any particular sprite upsets you, you are welcome to provide one of your own to remedy the not-actually-an-issue so that I may reject it.

This is an alternate. This means that Toad Caves can spawn in a world instead of Spider Nests. It does not replace Spider Nests. As an alternate, Toad Caves additionally do not mirror the values or gameplay of Spider Nests in a 1:1 ratio. It is it's own biome, not a recolor or reskin. Toad Caves is also NOT an expansion. There is no additional content. Content included in Toad Caves is a counterpart or replacement of existing content given to Spider Nests.

Lastly; as an alternate (and not an expansion or replacement), Toad Caves do not assume to redefine class balance. I'm sorry if your favorite class isn't represented well in the suggestion. If Spider Nests represented all classes equally, so too would Toad Caves.

The dark outlines are for forum readability as opposed to game functionality.

Updated Toad Caves!!!!

Reformatted and Resprited the suggestion!

Here's some of the sprite changes; Look how far I've come along!

m1XixFc.png
>
l3ASQeg.png

glSYNTJ.png
>
nLaG1Sc.png

9xYlYwe.png
SsalZPI.png
>
Iqxnflu.png

LrmG0NW.png
>
y9IFrUu.png

kD95pD3.png
>
BAwzMYf.png

tCmg0BR.png
>
VEXBiXe.png

ObEiaXv.png
>
oJKSGzS.gif

a66V8ZH.png
>
FpmtMRA.png

RWjyYJE.png
>
c0ZJQ4P.png

Toad Caves lacks a bit of content since it's an alt of a mini-biome. So the tables don't have quite the impact they do when they're sorting a lot of information. But Toad Caves deserved the love of being updated to my current standards.
I took a shot at remaking that tongue sprite
One with a black outline
TongueDarkOutline.png

and one without
Tongue.png

Yo this is cool :0

I'd be down for toad caves. However, it should generate some cobwebs, maybe not crazy amounts like the spiders but a layer at the top of the caves.

Also, the toad summons. One does 20 damage and one does 25 damage for 10 more materials.
Why though?

it should generate some cobwebs, maybe not crazy amounts like the spiders but a layer at the top of the caves.
I don't think it's necessary with how common cobwebs are.

Also, the toad summons. One does 20 damage and one does 25 damage for 10 more materials.
Why though?
Because they function very differently from each other. You can read their functions in the spoiler marked "Equipment Notes" under the equipment table

Back
Top Bottom