Other Towers to shoot enemies!

terrafunbum

Terrarian
I had the idea when I was trying to do some building when I was continually pestered by enemies- really easy ones I could fight off easily but I wanted to just focus on building.

What if we could build towers (think tower defence games) that do their own thing and shoot enemies that come near them? And perhaps so they don't ruin the game by making it too easy just make their shots low powered so they can fight off annoying weak enemies for you but be little help for bosses? Perhaps the player would need to pay to charge them up?

Think even something simple like being able to place a Tesla tower (not much bigger than yourself) somewhere and it zaps enemies that come in range. But like an NPC, it's permanent.
[doublepost=1519573862,1519573592][/doublepost]We are able to spawn monsters aren't we?

Think of the fun that could be had if we could spawn monsters and have our towers shoot them. A bit like a tower-defence toy.

this is the silliest thing I've heard on these forums, sentries and traps already exist

this is the silliest thing I've heard on these forums, sentries and traps already exist
@Melty, there is a way to respond to suggestions that you don't like and still be polite about it. Calling a suggestion the "silliest thing I've heard" isn't going to work here.

Please have a read of the Player Suggestions: Rules & Guidelines which will give you a better understanding of the expectations when posting in suggestions, and pay special attention to the "Criticism Guidelines" section.

@Melty, there is a way to respond to suggestions that you don't like and still be polite about it. Calling a suggestion the "silliest thing I've heard" isn't going to work here.

Please have a read of the Player Suggestions: Rules & Guidelines which will give you a better understanding of the expectations when posting in suggestions, and pay special attention to the "Criticism Guidelines" section.

how is the word "silly" bad?
[doublepost=1520919920,1520919589][/doublepost]

while I do think it is a decent suggestion, since no sentries can be spawned pre-hardmode & wiring is post skeletron, I still think it is rather silly since building & fighting capabilitys grow stronger as you progress making this suggestion not quite up there with the others. I do think it's neat, I just don't consider it great

while I do think it is a decent suggestion, since no sentries can be spawned pre-hardmode & wiring is post skeletron, I still think it is rather silly since building & fighting capabilitys grow stronger as you progress making this suggestion not quite up there with the others. I do think it's neat, I just don't consider it great
Actually, there are Tavernkeep's sentries after EoW ;)

Back
Top Bottom