Member-Run Project Trouble In Terraria Town

Kalifox

Terrarian
B6FD0F85DD1C10BF34A5C507C6E7F8D77BE3D916

index.php

Hello, TCF-ites. From the realm of mystery, steamy bathtub shower scenes, and salt, Kalifox and Teal bring you Trouble in Terraria Town. This little episodic babe is designed to coincide with the game Mafia/Werewolf. A popular party game, and forum/message board game. We plan to release this along with a unique Terraria themed version of that game currently WIP. This story takes place in a playerless NPC village where the inhabitants have turned against each other and will commit a murder every night. We follow Tony: the only known innocent. And we challenge you to deduce who is “Mafia” and who is “Innocent”! Perhaps you read a story like this at school if you’re white and privileged: but please debate your opinions (un-salt-ily) in the comments as we release our segments! Of course, since this is highly experimental we’ll go ahead and spoil those clues like you did Undertale for those who couldn't quite figure it out, these spoilers will be included at the beginning of every next entry and contrary to most user’s abilities be inside spoiler BB Code. ~~

Sweet n’ Salty! <3

index.php

Trouble in Terraria Town
Part 1

The sun was splashing vivid puddles of color across the sky as she sank into her boudoir for the night. It was going to be a full moon and the stars were preparing their finest vestments as their voices joined in a single symphonic choir. As a hush fell over the land, a set of skilled fingertips fell to playing ivory piano keys in the small village where the townsfolk of Terraria dwelled. Tony the Arms-Dealer was sitting at the work-bench in his room when he heard a quiet voice in the music room as the piano plinked on to match,

“...But you don’t really care for music, do ya? Well it goes like this - the fourth, the fifth! The minor fall and the major lift: the baffled king composed hallelujah… Hallelujah… Hallelujah... “

He frowned. Not that he paid much attention, but to his knowledge, only the Goblin Tinkerer, the Merchant, and the Wizard played the piano and only the Nurse and Dryad really sang with confidence. He peeked over his shoulder to his bed where the Nurse was sleeping soundly, blonde hair falling in languid strands over her face. She’d been there when he came in earlier and he hadn’t wished to disturb his beau - yet. But somehow - the voice from the music room sounded so much like hers. As the grandfather clock ticked and tocked onwards, a loyal metronome, the singing from down the hall continued until it bothered Tony a great deal. Finally he set down his gun parts and stood with an annoyed grunt. Ammunition clinked on his belt as he stretched a bit and threw open the door to his room.

The music from the piano abruptly halted and the singing died away. The light from the lanterns all flickered for a moment as though a strong gust of wind had frightened them all simultaneously. A window shutter at the end of the hall crashed angrily against the side of the building.

“Trisha needs to check the wiring on the window releases,” He muttered, only to crash straight into Jamundi the Witch-Doctor. His face was pierced with bones and sticks, dyed with mud and paint until his humanity was cloaked in a mask of unruly modifications.
“Hey watch it!”
But Jamundi only leaned close to whisper, “Lynch the Guide!” before sliding down the hall into the shadows, bone charms rattling with wicked laughter.
“The hell are you saying, J-man?” Tony called after him, but was immediately distracted by a piercing scream.

At the top of the stairs, just down the hall, lay the Merchant. His wares lay around him in an organized circle, nothing damaged, nothing tampered with. A pool of blood slowly spread from beneath his weathered coat as his old eyes peered sightlessly down the hall towards the music room where Trisha the Mechanic and Jenna the Nurse stood. Trisha had her hands cupped over her mouth as she tried to keep another scream from bursting out. Jenna ran forward without hesitation and dropped beside him, feeling for a pulse and beginning CPR.

“Tony!” Trisha demanded, tears streaming down her face, “What did you see!? You were right there! What happened?”

“Geezus, I don’t know, I swear to ‘Thulu I don’t know anything!” Tony backed up slowly, creepy-crawlies tumbling over him as he realized that whoever was in his bed wasn’t the Nurse. Trisha started wailing loudly as Jenna pumped the Merchant’s chest with both hands without any results. The other townspeople began to appear from their rooms and other floors. Murmurs and conjecturing filled the hall as Tony slunk back. His room seemed so much darker than he remembered.

He reached the side of his bed and stood silently over the motionless bundle beneath the covers. Beads of sweat collected across his forehead as he reached for the bedspread. How would he explain a body in his bed? What was happening? As his fingers clutched the fabric, he felt moisture. He yanked his hand back which had been stained with blood and a whisper shattered his concentration,

“One of us.”

Something collided with his skull and the Arms-Dealer sank to the ground unconscious. When he woke up, he was tied to a chair and most of the Town were standing around him.

“My head-” He whined, only to have Trisha step towards him, wielding her wrench menacingly,

“Why did you do it, Tony! Give us one good reason why we shouldn’t feed you to the Zombies tonight! I’ll summon Cthulu’s Eye myself and feed every last cell of your worthless meatbag body to him!”
Jenna was covering her eyes with her face but he could see the exhausted wrinkles that bunched across her forehead,
“I thought you were a good man, Tony. Just tell us why you did it.”
“I didn’t!” He strained against his restraints, “I’d never hurt either of them!”
“Either! Aha! See? I told you all, I told you!” Barked Tordak the Demolistionist, “He was going back for da’ second body! He dun’ threw it out dat der’ window in da’ hall. The wires been cut and it were just hangin’ free.”
"Then how did I get knocked out!?” Tony hissed, “I didn’t have anything to do with any of this. Ask Jamundi, he spoke to me in the hall before I even saw Milton.”
“Your hands are all bloody and there’s a huge stain in your bed as though someone were bleeding out, but there’s no body. Where is the body or if you’re innocent, where are your wounds?”
“Look, I don’t have either, okay? Ask the freakin’ Witch-Doctor. He saw me. I went back to my room because I thought Jenna was there. I heard a voice, it told me ‘one of us’ and then someone hit me with something, alright? I don’t have any clue what’s going on in this damn village, but someone’s gone crazy.”

“How do we know it’s not you, Tony?” asked the Guide quietly. He had a strange look on his face, “Prove that you’re innocent, Tony.”

Tony rocked angrily in the chair, “It wasn’t me, dammit! You tell me how we know that it wasn’t you! Or you! OR ANY OF YOU! Jenna, what was the cause of death?”

Jenna exhaled slowly, “As best as I can tell, a frontal stab wound. He bled out within minutes. The blood splatter at the bottom of the stairs indicates it happened there and he made it to the top before collapsing. I don’t know why he didn’t call out for help. Gods, I was right there… I was right in the music room.”

“Nobody leaves.” interrupted the Goblin Tinkerer, “Nobody leaves until we figure this out. Anyone who tries to will be presumed guilty, and killed on sight. Someone here is a murderer.”

“Yes.” whispered the Guide, “One of us.”

index.php

SUBSCRIPTION/CREDITS LIST
index.php

If you'd like to be tagged every time we release an edition go ahead and ask for a subscription!

Subscribers:

@Teal

@Kalifox

Also, special thanks to @DerpoTheMagnificent for editing together our banner and the dividers! We love you Derpo, not sexually, but we do love you. We can love you that way too if you want us to.

Last edited:
Contrary to popular belief Teal is not the color in which I write, I'll be using Coral, Kalifox was hellbent on using Teal though.

Boopity Boop!

[reserved]

You can copypasta this code into your signature to help along our little project here.

Code:
[url='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/trouble-in-terraria-town.40102/'][img]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/356150731169561614/B6FD0F85DD1C10BF34A5C507C6E7F8D77BE3D916/[/img][/url]

Last edited:
Not bad so far. (And by "not bad", I mean, it's pretty good. Where I come from, "not bad" is a compliment, and doesn't mean "not bad, but not good either" unless I add that second bit. I tend to offend people when I say "not bad", so I just thought I'd clear that up.)

I would like to point out that you seem to imply that the witch doctor is a human.
His face was pierced with bones and sticks, dyed with mud and paint until his humanity was cloaked in a mask of unruly modifications.
But it's widely known, or at least speculated, that the witch doctor is a lihzahrd because of his green tail. Maybe I'm being too nit-picky, but I just thought I'd point that out.

As for the loving me bit, I'm quite fine with purely platonic love. Besides, me being an anthropomorphic Mudkip with no known genitalia would probably add some unnecessary complications if it were anything more...

Oh yeah, and I'll take a subscription.

Not bad so far. (And by "not bad", I mean, it's pretty good. Where I come from, "not bad" is a compliment, and doesn't mean "not bad, but not good either" unless I add that second bit. I tend to offend people when I say "not bad", so I just thought I'd clear that up.)

I would like to point out that you seem to imply that the witch doctor is a human.

But it's widely known, or at least speculated, that the witch doctor is a lihzahrd because of his green tail. Maybe I'm being too nit-picky, but I just thought I'd point that out.

As for the loving me bit, I'm quite fine with purely platonic love. Besides, me being an anthropomorphic Mudkip with no known genitalia would probably add some unnecessary complications if it were anything more...

Oh Derpo, leave it to you to make me read about anthropomorphic Mudkip genitalia! Perhaps the tail is a bit of collared greens the Witch Dictor failed to masticate and got stuck to his feathery behind? Didn't think of that did you?

Oh Derpo, leave it to you to make me read about anthropomorphic Mudkip genitalia! Perhaps the tail is a bit of collared greens the Witch Dictor failed to masticate and got stuck to his feathery behind? Didn't think of that did you?
Well no. But to be honest, it's because that's a completely ridiculous theory. :p

He`s right. If you look carefully at the Witch doctor spites head, (there`s a small portion that the mask dosen`t cover), you can see the lines on top of his head like the Lihzahrds have.

Last edited:
He`s right. If you look carefully at the Witch doctor spites head, (there`s a small portion that the mask dosen`t cover), you can see the lines on top his head like the Lihzahrds have.
Sorry about that Kali! Didn't know you were sleeping!

Also, collared greens can have lines too. Maybe he viciously eats his food getting it all up on his forehead and stuff. Anywho thanks for commenting and reading our story guys.

This seems alright. It's got potential, and it's showing it well. But, it just hasn't grasped it yet. Here's what I'm talking about:
  • The Witch Doctor, like Derpo said, is most likely a lihzarhd. Only evidence is 1) It's tail, humans don't have tails and 2) He appears after defeating Queen Bee, which is probably a primary threat to the race
  • There's a few spelling mistakes, like "Cthulu", "Demolistionist", e.t.c
  • The dialogue, while quite interesting, is a bit slow
Overall, good job. And as for subscribing, why not? I like this story, and already want to see it expand into something better

Last edited:
*directs attention to my comment about not having any genitalia because of the whole "being a Mudkip" thing*

Not a complete sausage fest...
Muslims (oh geez autocorrect) er, Mudkips are super adorable and I'd snuggle them all but maybe not you cuz you're all fierce and ferocious with weapons and alligator boots. But you do have a radio voice so. Idk. You're still amazing. ♡

Nighty night

Ok seriously, why is it that the same time I posted the past two likes that someone`s like pops up at exactly the same time?! LOL! XD

This seems alright. It's got potential, and it's showing it well. But, it just hasn't grasped it yet. For example
  • The Witch Doctor, like Derpo said, is most likely a lihzarhd. Only evidence is 1) It's tail, humans don't have tails and 2) He appears after defeating Queen Bee, which is probably a primary threat to the race
Overall, good job. And as for subscribing, why not? I already like this story, and already want to see it expand into something better
This seems alright. It's got potential, and it's showing it well. But, it just hasn't grasped it yet. For example
Overall, good job. And as for subscribing, why not? I like this story, and already want to see it expand into something better
I don't really see how those minor spelling errors blemish the potential you mentioned. "But it just hasn't grasped it yet, for example:" -- You could quote them so we could fix them up if you'd like to. This is something that can be easily rectified.

I don't really see how those minor spelling errors blemish the potential you mentioned. "But it just hasn't grasped it yet, for example:" -- You could quote them so we could fix them up if you'd like to. This is something that can be easily rectified.
What I meant is there's a few minor mistakes, but can be overlooked. As for spelling, I imagine you put in alot of effort and time into your works. But this, didn't seem like alot of time

You know the story is still fresh. You could fix the issue with the Witch doctor before it goes into the next chapter. My two cents: The best story writers have already planned 20 parts ahead before they even release the next part. It`s the best way to avoid plot holes and other mistakes that could otherwise derail a stories popularity.

You know the story is still fresh. You could fix the issue with the Witch doctor before it goes into the next chapter. My two cents: The best story writers have already planned 20 parts ahead before they even release the next part. It`s the best way to avoid plot holes and other mistakes that could otherwise derail a stories popularity.
The problem is our iteration or interpretation of the Witch Doctor may be incorrect to popular/suggested belief but it's clearly something we're running with. That doesn't make it a problem. Nor is the popularity something I am worried about diminishing. I'll be honest, neither of us have any of this planned so much as 1.5 steps in advance and we're totally okay with that. 2 minor errors in spelling doesn't mean we didn't put a lot of time into spelling it either. Just means we/spellcheck glossed over something. This is a Freewriting project so we're not going to be making an in depth plot model, I'm comfortable taking the story in whatever direction I like to in that one moment, and I believe Kalifox is to.

Last edited:
The problem is our iteration or interpretation of the Witch Doctor may be incorrect to popular/suggested belief but it clearly something we're running with. That doesn't make it a problem. Not is the popularity something I am worried about diminishing. I'll be honest, neither of us have any of this planned so much as 1.5 steps in advance and we're totally okay with that. 2 minor efforts in spelling doesn't mean we didn't put a lot of time into spelling it either. Just means we/spellcheck glossed over something. This is a Freewriting project so we're not going to be making an in depth plot model, I'm comfortable taking the story in whatever direction I like to in that one moment, and I believe Kalifox is to.
Fine, it is your story . Just trying to help as all...

The problem is our iteration or interpretation of the Witch Doctor may be incorrect to popular/suggested belief but it clearly something we're running with. That doesn't make it a problem. Not is the popularity something I am worried about diminishing. I'll be honest, neither of us have any of this planned so much as 1.5 steps in advance and we're totally okay with that. 2 minor efforts in spelling doesn't mean we didn't put a lot of time into spelling it either. Just means we/spellcheck glossed over something. This is a Freewriting project so we're not going to be making an in depth plot model, I'm comfortable taking the story in whatever direction I like to in that one moment, and I believe Kalifox is to.
Not trying to sound like the casual :red:hole I am, but I'm pretty sure he's just adding friendly criticism

Back
Top Bottom