Weapons & Equip True Arkhalis [name subject to change]

Would you like to see this in the game?

• Total voters
Dang. Yeah your right. How about I just take it out? Unless people can think of a other weapon with high speed that isn't the terra blade.
Maybe just Arkhalis + Hero Sword to simplify things. You would still have to fight the 3 mechs, and it would be less confusing than having 3 weapons in a recipe.

arkhails + death sickle + broken hero sword = true arkhails

simple and not too much.
I don't necessarily agree with the death sickle, since it is supposed to work like a demon scythe, which is pretty much the opposite movement wise. If something other than a broken hero sword is wanted, then perhaps some kind of item that helps you swing faster without burning your arm off.

I would like it to look like this (MapleStory Kaiser's Gigas Wave skill). This was my first thought when I saw Arkhalis :p
gigaslasher-effect.gif

I have yet to even find the Arkhalis but really do long to get one legitimately in a map, it's really fascinated me as the most unique pre-hardmode sword. With how rare it is and the way you find it, it just feels so epic and legendary when you actually get your hands on one. Being the two true blades are kind of buddies and made to be put together, I feel like the much rarer Arkhalis can have an excuse to be a bit unique and stray away from them a bit. What I'm saying is that instead of a beam sword it shoots, periodically it can shoot out a range SLASH instead.

For a crafting recipe it would be odd to name this "True" while not having the Broken Hero sword, but if it's going to be unique with attack pattern might as well make it unique in recipe. I'd say maybe craft it in style of the Night's Edge, where multiple swords are used in the crafting? With that concept, you could maybe try for pre-hardmode recipe by doing the old Hallowed Armor recipe in a way. All the three tiers of swords and a few souls to complete it. Either that or to complete how rare it is and let it have an excuse for its powerful DPS, maybe it combines with two other decently rare swords? Examples that come to mind for this might be the Bone Sword or maybe Purple Clubberfish...but in my opinion I'd really like to see the recipe by Arkhalis + Starfury + Ice Blade and the result is a bit purple of a sword with the Starfury add on and it has a little bit of effects from each one. All the unique pre-hardmode swords all in one pretty much.

As For the Crafting recipe..

Arkhalis + Broken Hero Sword + Ectoplasm + Frost core = True Arkhalis
and maybe make the Slash will look like a Eagle? It would kinda look like the Animation Gradepuxi22 postet but with an Eagle instead of a Dragon

Last edited:
Hm... Maybe.
I want it to be later hardmode though, so it isn't instantly overshadowed by the Terra Blade and everything above it within an hour or two though, and Crystal Shards suggest early hardmode. Let's see... what late hardmode materials would make sense...
If it has such a high DPS, maybe it could need materials from a bunch of sources?
-Arkhalis from a shrine (maybe guarantee one per world just to make it fair? Eh, I dunno about that...)
-Crystal Shards
-Unicorn Horns
-Souls of Might, Sight, and Fright
-Maybe Mysterious Weapon Fragments or something from fishing or other sources? After all, where are the other pieces of the Broken Hero Sword? :p
I really have no idea. Hm. Should have given this more thought before posting.
mysterious weapon fragments? that's a terrible idea. obviously it would be called the broken heroes blade. the broken heroes sword would be changed to the broken heroes hilt. the two halves of the mysterios weapon would imbue the blah blah blah story and backstory. you get the idea. you add a special blade thingy to the arkhalis, and it becomes the true arkhalis. as for where you get this item, im not sure. perhaps it would drop from mothron, along with the hilt. I dunno. you decide, it is your suggestion after all.

mysterious weapon fragments? that's a terrible idea. obviously it would be called the broken heroes blade. the broken heroes sword would be changed to the broken heroes hilt. the two halves of the mysterios weapon would imbue the blah blah blah story and backstory. you get the idea. you add a special blade thingy to the arkhalis, and it becomes the true arkhalis. as for where you get this item, im not sure. perhaps it would drop from mothron, along with the hilt. I dunno. you decide, it is your suggestion after all.
Ah but this wouldn't quite work now, because I've been (very slowly) working on an idea that would pretty much directly conflict with this. I'll spare the (very early) details but it's basically fleshing out the Broken Hero Sword into a whole plethora of fully-functional non-broken Hero Weapons, with weapons for every class!
That and, somewhat ironically, I tried to seperate the True Arkhalis from the overuse of Broken Hero Swords as crafting components for "True" weapons and their upgrades.

I like the sword's attack concept and would like it to be reused in hardmode, but i think creating a stronger one with the same appearance and a "true" prefix is kinda...lame, mainly because it has already been done with three in game things (Excalibur, Night's edge and Eye of Cthulhu), I've been thinking of new weapon desing which serves the same concept, such as a chained sword like the one from God of War, which is swung at fast speeds, retaining the same attack animation and concept of Arkhalis's high speed dps

I like the sword's attack concept and would like it to be reused in hardmode, but i think creating a stronger one with the same appearance and a "true" prefix is kinda...lame, mainly because it has already been done with three in game things (Excalibur, Night's edge and Eye of Cthulhu), I've been thinking of new weapon desing which serves the same concept, such as a chained sword like the one from God of War, which is swung at fast speeds, retaining the same attack animation and concept of Arkhalis's high speed dps

While that would be a nice idea, I wanted to retain Arkhalis'... Uniqueness. If there were other, completely unrelated, weapons with the same functionality then finding an Arkhalis would feel unexciting. Keeping it as an upgrade allows the weapon to stay unique and interesting while making it viable. Besides, I'm not going to change the thread and make it not Arkhalis-based suddenly after this long :p

I would take a different approach, so heres my take:
Im thinking of a "tank weapon"

It wouldn't have a projectile, but rather just be bigger. Now, besides incresed stats, it would slowly build up a shield when hitting enemys, which faces the direction you hold the arkhalis. When fully built up, it will half the damage you would normally take (so it doesn't completely stack with damage reduction) However you would need to constantly keep up the damage so the shield doesn't disappear. Basicly it forces you to face tank while also helping you to tank that.

While you could complain that 50% is to strong, being "forced" to constantly take damage is a pretty big disadvantage. It would most likely be strong against minibosses since your shield doesn't build up fast enough against normal enemies and bosses most likely out-sustain you.

To keep the True swords' theme going, the crafting recipe should just be Arkhalis + BHS. Adding more fluff to the recipe would be like adding a new Solar weapon that needs more than just fragments to craft. It would be out of place.

^ yes
Also, seems ok to me, but I think it'd be better if you don't upgrade the Arkhalis itself to the true version, just make another one that is better, but completely unrelated in the way you obtain it.

Back
Top Bottom