NPCs & Enemies Turkor and lepus in the next update for nostalgia reasons!

Should turkor and lepus be (re)added in the next update?

• Total voters
I never got to beat Turkor on my 3ds and struggled with Lepus (And nowadays I barely have time to play on my 3ds) so honestly I would love this
also just being able to use the fun items those bosses had would be the most fun thing for me aaah

I never got to beat Turkor on my 3ds and struggled with Lepus (And nowadays I barely have time to play on my 3ds) so honestly I would love this
also just being able to use the fun items those bosses had would be the most fun thing for me aaah
I feel you! Plus they could like add new drops for the bosses, like a turkey summon weapon and pioneer armor for turkor, and an easy mode version of the cross necklace for lepus!

This is cool to add more celebrations (Easter and Thanksgiving). About thanksgiving it can be easily implemented ("last thursday in november") and about easter the dates for the years till 2099 need to be written in.

This is cool to add more celebrations (Easter and Thanksgiving). About thanksgiving it can be easily implemented ("last thursday in november") and about easter the dates for the years till 2099 need to be written in.
Well uh, actually they had them for the whole month usually. plus they most likely still have the old code somewhere that they can still use for them.

I recall someone with official status saying that the intellectual property rights for Turkor and Lepus, et cetera, belong to the company that developed the console/mobile versions from that era. If someone were to mod Terraria with their own holiday bosses and items that didn't violate IP law, of course that would be legal.

Thanksgiving in the United States takes place on the fourth Thursday in November. Sometimes that's the last Thursday, but in some years November has five Thursdays.

Easter's date can be calculated without lookup tables by applying any of several algorithms, using only basic arithmetic operations. I use the method described in Samuel Butcher's "Ecclesiastic Calendar: Its Theory And Construction", published in 1877.

If anyone is interested, I have a version adapted for PHP, which should be easy to translate into C#. Might have a C# version already written; will leave grep searching for it.

Hope this helps.

While it would be cool, I feel like it wouldn't add as much to the game as other bosses have. Sure they could just add more drops, but they don't feel as "authentic" as the recent bosses do anyways (with their attacks and overall feel).

there were no problems with Fmoon and Pmoon wave 15 congratulation to make their holidays christmas and halloween.
A holiday isn't intellectual property.

The bosses Turkor and Lepus definitely are IP, and not Re-Logic's IP. For a different company, or one or more persons, to use them without permission would risk a lawsuit (though I'd think legal action would begin with a cease-and-desist notice; ignoring it could lead to being sued for violation of IP rights).

I'm in agreement with McChainChomp. These bosses are old hat. LordGwen, If you like the Horn O' Plenty, come up with your own version — without copying existing assets, modifying it enough so it's a distinctive item — mod it in, and you're golden. How much would it have to be altered? For that you'll need to consult a lawyer, which I'm not.

[eta] On the subject of cease-and-desist orders, here's some info that's directly relevant; it concerns the predecessor of Terraria and Nintendo's legal department. Redigit

Last edited:
All the console/mobile-exclusive bosses are IP of the company (companies?) that made them, from what I've read here in the past.

I'm not an authority on this, just passing along posts from earlier.

i think that turkor was a pretty cool and unique boss, with the whole hydra battle. lepus, on the other hand, is just more annoying king slime.

Back
Top Bottom