Weapons & Equip Turn the Rainbow Crystal Staff into a Minion Weapon

Rainbow Crystal GIF.gif
Rainbow Crystal Staff.png
Rainbow Crystal GIF.gif

Terraria Forums Banner.png
Sentries are considered by most players to be secondary weapons. They can be helpful in particular situations but minions and whips are how a summoner does most of their damage. With that being said why are the only summoner Moon Lord drops sentry weapons? Every single class except summoner gets a big fancy ultimate weapon from the Moonlord except summoners. We are going to get an ultimate whip in the upcoming "final" update but that still leaves an empty spot for a minion weapon dropped by the Moonlord. To fill the slot I would like to suggest turning the Rainbow Crystal Staff into a minion weapon.

Mini-Crystal.gif

In theory, this change would be as simple as giving the summoned Rainbow Crystal a similar AI to the Xeno Staff's UFOs and adjusting the damage dealt to be a step up from the Stardust Dragon. When it comes to how the Crystal would be summoned it could either work like Abigal and the Desert Tiger where each use of the staff increases the Crystal's damage or it could work like most summon weapons where each use of the staff summons an additional Crystal. If the latter option was chosen a new smaller sprite for the Crystal would most likely need to be created and the reach of the rainbow light attack would have to be shortened.

Along with this change, I think the Terraprisma deserves a buff in damage after defeating the Moonlord. Right now it's about equal with the Stardust Dragon with each minion having their own pros and cons. But with how hard daytime Empress of Light is, especially now that dodge accessories no longer work, I feel like the Terraprisma deserves to be the best minion in the game. If you have defeated what is Terraria's hardest challenge you definitely deserve to have the best summoner weapon in the game.

If both of these changes were implemented the order of final minions would go Stardust Dragon, Rainbow Crystal, and finally Terrarprisma. If you have any feedback or noticed any glaring issues please feel free to let me know!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's somewhat agreed that the Terraprisma is arguably better against groups of enemies, along with having a more reliable AI...
Considering that many players actually find the final tier of the Old One's army to be more difficult than the Moon Lord, not to mention how helpful the Terraprisma is for the Pillars, it's in a good spot. It's nice having a choice between it and the Dragon. The real issue with things around Terraprisma/Stardust Dragon tier is the Stardust Cell. And really the problem with the Terraprisma is that there wasn't much of a reason to implement it like that in the first place, as there is far too much controversy over how difficult it really is to obtain, and if it's supposed to be worth the effort, or more of a collector's item.

But turning the Crystal Staff into a minion weapon? Sign me up for that...

Back
Top Bottom