Portfolio/Multi-Topic Turning head vanity into accessoire

ppowersteef

Paladin
Well, I've thought of another small suggestion.

You've a few old vanity items that were used for the head slot.
Now, since we have vanity accessoires, I wonder why we've still some vanity items that are still in the head slot.
This removes the possibility to wear (as example) a jungle rose and sunglasses at once. (and it annoys me too to not have sunglasses and living flame hair at once)

By making it a vanity accessoire, it'll be possible to wear more accessoires for the head slot. and you'll be able to give it an unique color too.
Goggles.png
Goggles
Cat_Ears.png
Cat ears
HiTek_Sunglasses.png
Hi-Tech sunglasses
Sunglasses.png
Sunglasses
Jungle_Rose.png
Jungle Rose
Eye_Patch.png
Eye patch
Steampunk_Goggles.png
Steampunk goggles
Giant_Bow.png
Giant Bow

Another idea for @m31k is to give a hair dye slot, specially designed to dye head and hair at once, since a lot of head equipment shows hair too.

Thoughts about this?

Last edited:
Well, I've thought of another small suggestion.

You've a few old vanity items that were used for the head slot.
Now, since we have vanity accessoires, I wonder why we've still some vanity items that are still in the head slot.
This removes the possibility to wear (as example) a jungle rose and sunglasses at once. (and it annoys me too to not have sunglasses and living flame hair at once)

By making it a vanity accessoire, it'll be possible to wear more accessoires for the head slot. and you'll be able to give it an unique color too.
Cat_Ears.png
Cat ears
HiTek_Sunglasses.png
Hi-Tech sunglasses
Sunglasses.png
Sunglasses
Jungle_Rose.png
Jungle Rose
Eye_Patch.png
Eye patch
Steampunk_Goggles.png
Steampunk goggles
Giant_Bow.png
Giant Bow

Thoughts about this?
I posted very similiar but with other more stuff, like slot for Hair Dye, I don't mean those from Stylist NPC, because you can't dye own hair to have special effect like Blue Acid Dye, but you are only able dye Top Hat for example. I quess nobody wanted to read my big wall of text.
Hair Dye slot couldn't be ion equipment slot (with special Hair Style/Wig slot dropped from monster and minibosses).
What do you think? Nothing too great?

I posted very similiar but with other more stuff, like slot for Hair Dye, I don't mean those from Stylist NPC, because you can't dye own hair to have special effect like Blue Acid Dye, but you are only able dye Top Hat for example. I quess nobody wanted to read my big wall of text.
Hair Dye slot couldn't be ion equipment slot (with special Hair Style/Wig slot dropped from monster and minibosses).
What do you think? Nothing too great?
The main reason for this post is to be able to dye a head equipment and hair at once.

I'm putting that in the OP.

I don't actually think this would work out that smoothly. Based on my understanding of how layering works, I don't think Terraria is built to be able to stack several head sprites at once, so it would take a lot more than simply turning them all into accessories. You just can't display more than one piece of equipment in one given slot. For this to work, the devs would have to implement new "hair" and "eyes" slots for sprite layering, or some other type of special programming. It would be cool for sure, but it's not as simple as you make out in the main post.

I don't actually think this would work out that smoothly. Based on my understanding of how layering works, I don't think Terraria is built to be able to stack several head sprites at once, so it would take a lot more than simply turning them all into accessories. You just can't display more than one piece of equipment in one given slot. For this to work, the devs would have to implement new "hair" and "eyes" slots for sprite layering, or some other type of special programming. It would be cool for sure, but it's not as simple as you make out in the main post.
I thought it wouldn't look that hard, I mean, how else can several accessoires stack on the body part? armor, gloves, necklace and belt does seem to work fine to me.

Nonetheless, if you say this is impossible/hard, then I guess it's the same thing as asking for two new liquids...

How about the crowns? I kinda want to have @Pumpking 's look...
I don't know if it could work for sure. But I had idea about making some vanity head item pieces into different parts, Like Reindeer Antler and Cat Ears into tranformation type, Nature gift and Obsidian Rose and much more into Head piece, Sunglasses and much more into Eye. You can have Reindeer Antlers and Nature Gift on the head as example how it could work.
EDIT: forgot, sunglasses are put under helmet and Nature Gift on Helmet.

Last edited:
I thought it wouldn't look that hard, I mean, how else can several accessoires stack on the body part? armor, gloves, necklace and belt does seem to work fine to me.
Armor, gloves, necklaces, etc. all have their own separate sprite slots/layers built into the sprite layering, so they are able to work together. However, you can't display two or more pieces of equipment in each of those said slots because they overwrite/replace each other when doing so.
Nonetheless, if you say this is impossible/hard, then I guess it's the same thing as asking for two new liquids...
It definitely wouldn't be impossible, and it might not even be hard. I'm just pretty sure that the current framework wouldn't support this kind of change.

All of that aside, it would be really nice to be able to have more than one item displayed on your head at once. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom