Mobile Turtle or Hallowed?

Hallowed.

The extra defense + 15% damage reduction on Turtle is good, but the Hallowed set doesn’t have that much less defense, and the dodge on Hallowed will probably protect against either the same amount or more compared to the 15% damage reduction on Turtle.

Turtle also has quite a bit worse offense, and the Thorns are almost literally useless.

You definitely want to make Turtle Armor anyway though - not to wear, but to craft further down the line into Beetle, which *is* definitely better than Hallowed.

Hallowed has higher offensive bonuses and Holy Protection, which is still stupid good. Turtle armour has Thorns and some damage reduction. The damage reduction is nice, but it protects you less than Hallowed, and the Throns effect contributes almost nothing.

If you don't have Turtle right now, I'd actually recommend making a full set anyway. It's needed to craft Beetle armour later, and that's a welcome upgrade for melee.

god damn i got ninja'd

Building off of what @whoneedsnamestbh and @tenthousandhoops said, Turtle is better than Hallowed for facetanking Plantera, because Holy Protection has a 30 second cooldown and Turtle's Thorns have a chance to contribute more damage compared to when fighting Plantera using dodging. Also, in this case extra defensive stat boosts are better than extra offensive stats. However in any other situation Hallowed is better.

Building off of what @whoneedsnamestbh and @tenthousandhoops said, Turtle is better than Hallowed for facetanking Plantera, because Holy Protection has a 30 second cooldown and Turtle's Thorns have a chance to contribute more damage. Also, in this case extra defensive stat boosts are better than extra offensive stats. However in any other situation Hallowed is better.
If you’re tanking Plantera though, you’re probably using exactly one weapon: Fetid Baghnakhs. In which case, you’d get a hell of a lot of damage from Titanium Armor which would not only contribute much more than Thorns (especially because you’re probably using a cross necklace), but do so by big enough a margin to more than make up for the defense difference. Though in Adamantite worlds you’d use Turtle.

If you’re tanking Plantera though, you’re probably using exactly one weapon: Fetid Baghnakhs. In which case, you’d get a hell of a lot of damage from Titanium Armor which would not only contribute much more than Thorns (especially because you’re probably using a cross necklace), but do so by big enough a margin to more than make up for the defense difference. Though in Adamantite worlds you’d use Turtle.
True, however I didn't consider Titanium because what the comparison was between Turtle and Hallowed.

True, however I didn't consider Titanium because what the comparison was between Turtle and Hallowed.
Yeah, fair enough.

Looking at this, I think Turtle needs another buff. You could nerf Hallowed like literally everyone demands, but Turtle still has lower offense than Hallowed, Titanium or Adamantite, and it’s 1-2 tiers later than those. Titanium either needs more damage reduction to make it a tank alt, or more damage.

Back
Top Bottom