Mobile Twins

Arena-wise? Or equipment?
My arena is kinda smaller than I expected I would need. It worked for the other bosses. It's 2 tiers. 4 heart statues, about 10 lanterns, 8 camp fires, 4 star statues. Using Orich armor, have a crystal storm, MINIshark(need fins for mega), light discs, couple other do-dads.... I need to start getting some better weapons.
Campfires only matter in the sense that it's buff covers 48 blocks on either side of it. A honeypit would help, dunk in every 30 seconds or so. "4 star statues & heart statues" too many unpicked up items causes things to be removed from the world, including enemy loot and statue spawns. Try creating an enclosed rectangular arena where lizhard temple traps occupy parts of the walls and ceiling of the arena to deal extra damage. Put a ceiling and wall over the honeypit for a safe zone to hide in on occasion. wiring, timers and levers will aid in the traps and your safety. Of course the usual, health regen, ironskin potions is helpful. Crystal ball is usefull. And once we have it after 1.2.4 is released the ammo box will be of use (i use it on my PC).

Last edited:
Dont you mean 1.2.4
'twere a typo. Fixed now :). Thanks
[DOUBLEPOST=1446485436,1446485248][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yikes! That'll be bit of work lol
Just giving a general idea of things you can do when thinking of and building arenas. :) Can even make arena's to easily kill the Dungeon Guardians. Done it on PC and Console. Going to work on mobile soon.

Can't wait to get my PC back in working order. Using a controller is tough with certain things on mobile. Like laying blocks fast or laying wire. I may use the gravity potion technique next, then I'll go all out and prepaid for hours and hours if I need to. Think I may dump the Orich armor too. We shall see.

Maybe you should farm the destroyer for hallowed bars for the armor, its certainly better than orich armor. Best advice i can give is, at all costs, avoid spazmatism's cursed flamethrower. It can deal a good amount of damage. The lazers from retinazer are easy to dodge, so they shouldn't bother you that much.

I though about farming Destroyer. I only have like 32 hallowed bars now. I'm sure I can make a set if I beat him again. He was easy for me.

I reccomend getting the magic dagger.
The next best weapon to use is probably projectile-based weapons like the True Excalibur
Put honey pools, camp fires, and heart lanterns for maximum regen.
Get at least 3 heart statues and 3 Mana statues (if you plan on using magic).
Get speed enhancing potions, damage enchancing potions, and defense enhancing potions.
Make the arena at least 3 and half screens long.
I highly reccomend you use Hermes Boots. Better if you can get their upgraded version.
Also higly reccomend you to get a Cobalt Shield. or something that negates knockback.
If you really want to get fancy, connect teleporters at both ends of your Twin Arena and either a switch or a pressure plate. That should let you switch to both ends, giving you a lot of chances to damage the twins.

I've read that Mothron drops the Broken Hero Sword(item to make the True Excalibur), but it also says that Mothron only appears during a solar eclipse AFTER all the mechanical HM bosses are defeated. So, how could I use that sword?

Ok I'll look those up, thanks!
[DOUBLEPOST=1446610058,1446609846][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, it seems I need a solar tablet to get the eclipse going, but I haven't found a key for the temple yet to get the tablet fragments. Ugh!! Lol

Again the solar tablet is a PC only item. The wiki can confuse people so just ask me as I am really knowledgeable about Terraria. Also u can't "find" a key u need to kill Planters for it. You just have to wait and get lucky for a solar eclipse to happen. I think its like a 24% chance to happen or something like that.

Again the solar tablet is a PC only item. The wiki can confuse people so just ask me as I am really knowledgeable about Terraria. Also u can't "find" a key u need to kill Planters for it. You just have to wait and get lucky for a solar eclipse to happen. I think its like a 24% chance to happen or something like that.
5% chance

Oh yeah, I forgot lol..... Anyway I beat Plantera. I had to do it the long annoying way. He got to my house and I just died 4,582 times, res pawning and hitting him until he finally died. Took about 30 minutes. Hi I got the key. Now started with Golem. He killed me twice. I'll get back to him later. He doesn't seem too hard to figure out.

If you can manage to smash the Golem and get lucky by being blessed with a possessed hatchet, you're good to go.

My way of beating the twins is simply a long asphalt road up in the air and equiping wings, the possessed hatchet (max mods are recommended) and turtle armour.

Place a heart statue or two in the middle of the road that drops hearts in a honey pool and just run from one end to the other. Use the wings or a jetpack to avoid being charged.

Also the possessed hatchet is a melee weapon with ranged capability, so equip yourself with accessories that up your melee damage.

Lastly, forgot which item it was (cross necklace?) but there is an accessory that increases your invulnrability time after being hit. For me that one made life alot easier.
[DOUBLEPOST=1446665376,1446664895][/DOUBLEPOST]Incidentally, the setup above also works rather well with a ranged setup and a megashark.

If you need the fins, during a bloodmoon shark spawn is doubled.

Starting from the beach, make a long bridge of platforms that reaches until the end of the screen and (important!!) is submerged by at least 1, preferably 2, tiles.

Under this bridge of platforms, make another bridge that is about 5 tiles lower.

Now run back and forth on the first bridge (or stand still, which ever you prefer) and let the sharks come to you.

A battle potion and (melee) weapon with at least some knockback and range helps to avoid being charged. Also keep in mind sharks might try to attack you from directly below, so a spear is a good weapon of choice.

Finally, you could up the spawn some more by placing some watercandles that are on platforms that are above the water.

Hope that helps you in getting your megashark (and perhaps a diving helmet or two) :)

Back
Top Bottom