tModLoader Twitch chat integration

Kindred

Terrarian
I create this mod for one streamer, but also upload it to mod browser so everyone can use it even if you not a streamer :)

My english is bad, so if you miss understand something contact me via discord

Vanilla version for 1.4.0.5:
Click

Known issue:
  • (Fixed in 0.2.2) If mod enabled in server side, clients without mod get endless mod sync. Mostly tML issue, but need more testing.
    If you just want only chat but stuck with this issue, download 0.1.1 version from github
  • Twitch boss disabled for server since how data sync works in terraria. It will be reenabled in future and affect only players who install mod in client

Setup:
  1. Download mod via modbrowser or github page and place it in mods folder (in manual installing case)
  2. Load game with this mod enabled, enter any world and type /t settings or /t open (Open mod cache folder) go to ModLoader mods folder -> ModLoader/Mods/Cache/Twitch/Twitch.ini
    ModLoader/Mods folder can be easy achieved by pressing "Open Mods Folder" in mods menu bellow mods list
  3. Fill config field with information:
  • Channel: irc name of text channel. Allways same as stream channel name so you can just copy it from url. Must be at lower case and start with #
  • Username: Your username in twitch. Also lower case.
  • OAToken: Token from twitchapps.com/tmi what used for auth you in irc server
After this type /t reload in order to apply changes and reconnect to server if AutoConnet = True, else you should type /t connect manualy

If all done you now shold be able to see messages from channel you selected in config

unknown.png

It also have some useful flags what disabledby default:
  • ShowAllIrc: used for debugging. Display all unhandled server messages
  • IgnoreCommands: switch client to ignore bots mode, but also client start ignoring your own messages so enable it after you end testing connection.

Send suggestions and bug reports in discord

Last edited:
Quick question about this mod. when fun is enabled. how do people vote in chat for stuff like more enemies? is it like a special command or do they just type what they want.

Quick question about this mod. when fun is enabled. how do people vote in chat for stuff like more enemies? is it like a special command or do they just type what they want.

They just should write a listed word as first word in message without any prefixes. Just print "more" or "less" in chat

They just should write a listed word as first word in message without any prefixes. Just print "more" or "less" in chat
is it only if the person is live or is it just specific that i cant do it? (the reason for this is im planning on doing a stream with this mod in a bit and i dont know if its normal)

is it only if the person is live or is it just specific that i cant do it?
Currently it not check if targeted channel is live and work as long, as Fun is enabled. Since how terraria engine works checking is channel is live trouht slow WebRequest may ruin UPS and call huge lags. It don't happen with emotes loading becouse it launches in separate async non blocking Thread and emotes start renders (start calling spriteBatch.Draw()) Only when fully loaded and cached in to memory so we call it only once. Checking live consider what we check if channel is live before starting each vote event what mean block game Thread until we check if channel is live.

Currently it not check if targeted channel is live and work as long, as Fun is enabled. Since how terraria engine works checking is channel is live trouht slow WebRequest may ruin UPS and call huge lags. It don't happen with emotes loading becouse it launches in separate async non blocking Thread and emotes start renders (start calling spriteBatch.Draw()) Only when fully loaded and cached in to memory so we call it only once. Checking live consider what we check if channel is live before starting each vote event what mean block game Thread until we check if channel is live.
so im live rn. the problem. none of the fun additions work except for boss becoming boss. but when boss tries to like buff or kill me nothing happens. same with more mob spawns and such.

All events selects randomly, boss commands have a cooldown between commands. Also, all commands from you are ignored, and new event not get started if any other event is active.

Reeeeeeeeally wish this was more detailed because im doing what its saying and it isn't working, I have no idea where to put anything except my twitch name

Tried this out with a few of my friends in a private stream and it seems like a fun thing to use. Shame I don't have the time to stream properly and fully utilize this mod's potential.

does this mod get updated? does this work with a mod like calamity? pls, pls, pls make a tutorial for this so dat noobs like me can use it too^^

The setup process was a bit challenging at first, especially for someone like me with not-so-great English skills. However, with a little patience and perseverance, I managed to figure it out. And let me tell you, it was totally worth it!By the way, I recently discovered this platform that offers super cheap Twitch followers. It has seriously helped me expand my audience and increase my presence on the platform. It's been a fantastic way to connect with more viewers and make my streams even more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom