Other Two Simple New World Customisation Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
My greatest fear is that if this gets added, then people will want to choose hardmode ores too. And those have the potential to massively affect your playthrough (titanium and palladium especially).

And how is that a bad thing? Again, you're a human being, you're responsible for your own actions. If you don't want to play with the "better" ores, then don't!

Are you against democracy because there's one person who will vote for something you hate? No! People should have the world customisation choices and its their own fault if they abuse them.

Reactions: Bry
A: Don't play with those people.
B: I was giving an example of a classical world as that's what I would like. 3.125% is far too low to just keep on generating new worlds.
C: I'd like my world to have the classical ores. Generating a new world for the ore isn't a valid compromise.

So you believe that because a couple of idiots lack self-control, the rest of us should not have access to basic world customisation? That's a terrible argument.
A: It doesn't matter if it is just once. It would save so much time instead of randomising the world over and over or downloading a tedious mod for the option.
B: Many people would like the option and no one can provide a valid argument not to have the option.
C: What problems? Who cares if you generate a world with the alternate ores? If having the option bugs you so much, just generate your own world. If someone offers you Coca Cola and Pepsi, you don't say "you shouldn't offer me Pepsi, I'll always take Coca Cola". That's such a ridiculous thing to say.

"That's how the game was designed." The game was designed with 4 ores and 1 evil biome. I'd love the option to play it that way again yet still retain the new ores and all the other cool features. Also I've not seen all that other stuff you mentioned. Most of that probably wasn't in the game when I first started playing either.
And how is that a bad thing? Again, you're a human being, you're responsible for your own actions. If you don't want to play with the "better" ores, then don't!

Are you against democracy because there's one person who will vote for something you hate? No! People should have the world customisation choices and its their own fault if they abuse them.
Alright, slow down there, tiger. The Edit button, remember?

A: Don't play with those people.
B: I was giving an example of a classical world as that's what I would like. 3.125% is far too low to just keep on generating new worlds.
C: I'd like my world to have the classical ores. Generating a new world for the ore isn't a valid compromise.

So you believe that because a couple of idiots lack self-control, the rest of us should not have access to basic world customisation? That's a terrible argument.
Sigh

A: I consider these people my friends, they aren't idiots and they aren't even bad people. They just don't get hung up on the fact that classic ores are classic, and simply have it be part of their nature to choose the ones that are more powerful. It's incredibly arrogant to assume that "They don't have the amount of self control that I do, therefore they must be stupid."
B: It's not 3.125%, you completely ignored what I said. It's actually 6.25%. Because CORRUPTION IS NOT RANDOM IF YOU BOTHERED TO PLAY THE GAME UP UNTIL THE 5TH OUT OF 15TH MAJOR BOSS.
C: The problems are that if an ore is more powerful, your run will inherently be better if you take it. It's not like expert mode, which has drawbacks to balance out the power.

The game was updated, it is part of design to have 4 different ores, 1 evil biome, but never the same combination. Stop treating the game like 1.1. Red clearly wouldn't have added these if he didn't intend for them to be used.

I can't be responsible for the actions of others. If someone else commits a felony and goes to jail, is it democratic that they are now in prison?

You seem to see things in black and white... If someone can't control themself, does that make them a bad person in all respects? Of course not, people are more complex than that. Someone could be incredibly skilled and be a great contributor to the community and still lack the self control to resist taking power when it is offered to them.

There's no point arguing this any further as you'll never agree with me but I made it pretty clear how having the option is a good thing and just because your friends abuse it, doesn't mean the option shouldn't exist for everyone else in the world to enjoy.

The majority of people will like or be indifferent to the change. It would save people like me a lot of time and I don't have to do the tedious work of finding and installing a good mod for one little change that should be in the game anyway.

Imagine if Terraria did have the option of selecting the ores and evil biome. Would you suggest they remove it because: "my friends always select the better ores"? No, you wouldn't. The mature thing to do would be to tell your friends that you'd like to play with random ores as that's a problem purely created by your friends.

I've beaten the wall of flesh 3 times. My save data hasn't saved though. And if I was playing for the first time ever, I'd still love the option to choose between the two. You don't seem to understand what quality of life changes are. They're supposed to cut down on unnecessary time spent and make things less tedious. Simply saying "play the game for 10 hours" isn't a good solution to something that can be done in seconds with the option added in to the game.

The last thing I'd like to do is just compare our two problems. If the basic world customisation options don't get put into the game, I'll either have to randomise until I get the 3.125% perfect world. Or I'll have to find and download a good mod for it. Something as simple as world customisation should be in the game by default as it would save myself and many, many other people lots of time. The time it takes to implement and the amount of time saved makes it a great suggestion.

If the choices are added to the game, your argument of "my friends always pick the alternate ores" isn't worth anything. You'll simply be told that it's a problem between you and your friends that can be resolved by talking to them. The developers aren't going to go "we need to remove this option because this person's friends abuse it". That's absolutely ridiculous. As I've said many, many times. If your friends abuse it, that's your problem. Hell, if they really wanted to abuse it, they could download the same world customisation mod or just use cheats.

Anyway, there's nothing else to discuss. If you come up with any other reason why my suggestion is bad that isn't "my friends will abuse it", feel free to post it but as a game designer, I've already gone through the pros and cons of my suggestion and if the re-logic developers ever see this thread, they'll probably agree and decide to add this small change to the game.

...Maybe the option for customization could be unlocked once you've gotten every NPC housed in one world???
That'd make the builders more likely to find this option than anyone else; everyone else would be forced to waste some time to unlock it once they learn it exists from an outside source.
The function itself isn't super game-breaking, so the time required to both play through the whole game and build houses for every NPC would deter some from going for it if they just want slightly higher numbers for, like, twenty minutes.
There's the argument of already having a world with either all or most of the NPCs housed, but who's more likely to have a world like that: a builder/completionist, or an adventurer?

Last edited:
...Maybe the option for customization could be unlocked once you've gotten every NPC housed in one world???
That'd make the builders more likely to find this option than anyone else; everyone else would be forced to waste some time to unlock it once they learn it exists from an outside source.
The function itself isn't super game-breaking, so the time required to both play through the whole game and build houses for every NPC would deter some from going for it if they just want slightly higher numbers for, like, twenty minutes.
There's the argument of already having a world with either all or most of the NPCs housed, but who's more likely to have a world like that: a builder/completionist, or an adventurer?
I would be fine with this, I always did think it best you earn your abilities. :)

• Haha
Anyway, there's nothing else to discuss. If you come up with any other reason why my suggestion is bad that isn't "my friends will abuse it", feel free to post it but as a game designer, I've already gone through the pros and cons of my suggestion and if the re-logic developers ever see this thread, they'll probably agree and decide to add this small change to the game.
I have coded multiple full RPGs for personal use, this is why balance is of great concern to me. The issue didn't spawn from my friends picking it, it spawned from the 1.2 ores being objectively better and having this feature discourage variety from the game. If you did not start out with this feature then I would be fine with it, as you have already experienced all of the content you are meant to.

That's a terrible compromise. Have you read anything I've posted?

I have coded multiple full RPGs for personal use, this is why balance is of great concern to me. The issue didn't spawn from my friends picking it, it spawned from the 1.2 ores being objectively better and having this feature discourage variety from the game. If you did not start out with this feature then I would be fine with it, as you have already experienced all of the content you are meant to.

Discourage variety? Again, you're a capable human being, you can simply click "randomise ores" as one of the world generation options.

A: It doesn't matter if it is just once. It would save so much time instead of randomising the world over and over or downloading a tedious mod for the option.
B: Many people would like the option and no one can provide a valid argument not to have the option.
C: What problems? Who cares if you generate a world with the alternate ores? If having the option bugs you so much, just generate your own world. If someone offers you Coca Cola and Pepsi, you don't say "you shouldn't offer me Pepsi, I'll always take Coca Cola". That's such a ridiculous thing to say.

"That's how the game was designed." The game was designed with 4 ores and 1 evil biome. I'd love the option to play it that way again yet still retain the new ores and all the other cool features. Also I've not seen all that other stuff you mentioned. Most of that probably wasn't in the game when I first started playing either.

A: It does matter if it is just once. That's literally the biggest problem with this. You say "it would save so much time" as if people besides you cared this much about what ores the world spawns.
B: Many people would not like the option and have already provided valid arguments for why it shouldn't be in the game.
C: The ridiculous thing to say is that there is no problem with being able to generate worlds that are objectively better than others.

I don't know and I don't care about why you want a 1.1 world so much. I also don't know how I'm still bothering to argue with you, since you seem completely uncapable of seeing the countless problems with your idea and listening to what others say.

Saying "If you don't like it, then just ignore it!" is not only the one thing you've been saying the entire time, it's also not valid argument and has never been. It's basically the same as saying "I don't care if you disagree with me, so you shouldn't either!" I've already told you that this is a bad idea with many reasons why, and I won't repeat them a third time.

Last edited:
That's a terrible compromise.
Why do you go out of your way to not put effort into the game? If you want a 1.1 world this badly that isn't a hard task to to do at all. Most playthroughs end up having that unlock criteria happen anyway. It's not like asking someone to get 30 rods of discord or anything...

That's a terrible compromise. Have you read anything I've posted?
Alright then. Then how about you explain why my proposition is such a bad idea, then?
I was going to come up with a coherent justification for my proposition, but...
Saying "If you don't like it, then just ignore it!" is not only the one thing you've saying the entire time, it's also not valid argument and has never been. It's basically the same as saying "I don't care if you disagree with me, so you shouldn't either!" I've already told you that this is a bad idea with many reasons why, and I won't say repeat them a third time.
Yeah. Come on, man, I don't need to reiterate what J. Bame and Omega have been saying to you. You've had an extremely one-note argument for this customization idea, so I tried to help you out, but you just kept hitting the same keys. I'm not gonna put any effort into thinking of a response if you're gonna do the same.

Personal Attacks are not tolerated
A: It does matter if it is just once. That's literally the biggest problem with this. You say "it would save so much time" as if people besides you cared this much about what ores the world spawns.
B: Many people would not like the option and have already provided valid arguments for why it shouldn't be in the game.
C: The ridiculous thing to say is that there is no problem with being able to generate worlds that are objectively better than others.

I don't know and I don't care about why you want a 1.1 world so much. I also don't know how I'm still bothering to argue with you, since you seem completely uncapable of seeing the countless problems with your idea and listening to what others say.

Saying "If you don't like it, then just ignore it!" is not only the one thing you've been saying the entire time, it's also not valid argument and has never been. It's basically the same as saying "I don't care if you disagree with me, so you shouldn't either!" I've already told you that this is a bad idea with many reasons why, and I won't repeat them a third time.

Alright. Let me prove all of you wrong again. Here we go.

A: Firstly, it won't be just once, nor will it be just me. If there were world customisation options, then I'd be able to make my first world a classic, corruption world. Then I could make the second one a crimson with alternate ores. If they add a third evil biome, I could have that one after with random ores. If that was the case, the first world would have a 2% chance of spawning and second one a 6.25% chance. That's simply not going to happen so having the basic option of customising your world would save me a lot of time. It would also save time for people who also want a specific evil biome / ores. It could be a returning player who wants to try out crimson, a new player who likes the look of silver over tungsten, a person who needs a specific ore for building or someone who likes variety and doesn't want to always spawn with lead. Perhaps they also want a particular biome near the spawn. If they had these simple customisation options, they'd only have to restart a few times instead of several hundred.

B: I count 3 people with 0 valid arguments. If you'd like to point something out that you haven't said before, feel free to do so. I've already told you several times that "my friend abuses it" is not a valid argument. If your friend abused alcohol, you don't throw a tantrum wanting to ban alcohol, you instead get your friend help. It's the same here. You don't cry like a child to the developers that your friend is abusing the customisation options. You act like an adult and tell them that you'd like a world with custom ores and if they disagree, you're not forced to play with them. Honestly, many people would like the option and they don't give a :red: if your friend abuses it. That's YOUR problem, not the games. Game design is to fix problems that affect EVERYONE.

C: Why is it ridiculous? What is the problem you've made up? Every world is objectively better or worse than overs. One may spawn with better ores, one may spawn with more pyramids, one may have more ocean chests. If you spawn in a world with the alternate ores, who gives a flying :red:? That only affects YOU and the other people playing on the server. Most of them won't even bloody care! And if you do care, don't bloody play on the server. You people are old enough to use this forum so you're old enough to actually use your brains and act like an adult for once.

You've failed to say anything wrong with my suggestion. I'd love to hear a solid argument as to why it's bad but as I've already stated, I've been through the pros and cons of my idea and there aren't any downsides to having more choice. It's like the Coca Cola or Pepsi analogy. If I offered you the choice between them, you don't throw a tantrum saying "YOU SHOULDN'T OFFER ME COCA COLA, IT'S OBJECTIVELY BETTER THAN PEPSI."

I'm not saying "if you don't like it, just ignore it." I'm saying that you're not forced to play with any of the customisable options. You can leave everything at random if you want and the game will be EXACTLY the same as before! And as I've said many times to you idiots, if your friend picks an option YOU don't like, that's not the game's :red:ing fault. It's your friends fault and if you would just grow the :red: up and talk to him like a human being, you can tell him "I don't like these options" and if he's worth anything, he'll work out a compromise with you people.

Look, I've made a meme to show you how bloody stupid your argument is.
idiots.PNG

Why do you go out of your way to not put effort into the game? If you want a 1.1 world this badly that isn't a hard task to to do at all. Most playthroughs end up having that unlock criteria happen anyway. It's not like asking someone to get 30 rods of discord or anything...

If you would learn to read before typing a bunch of bull:red:, you would've learned that I've already beaten the Wall of Flesh 3 times. It was a long time ago though and none of my save data has saved. Don't you realise how :red:ed it is to say "if you want to customise your world, just play the game for 10 hours the way you don't want to". It's even more hypocritical for you when you throw a bloody tantrum when your childish friends pick the alternate ores and you scream "not balanced! I refuse to play this game."

Alright then. Then how about you explain why my proposition is such a bad idea, then?
I was going to come up with a coherent justification for my proposition, but...

Yeah. Come on, man, I don't need to reiterate what J. Bame and Omega have been saying to you. You've had an extremely one-note argument for this customization idea, so I tried to help you out, but you just kept hitting the same keys. I'm not gonna put any effort into thinking of a response if you're gonna do the same.

Just use your eyes and read through everything I've posted. If you're still too thick to understand, here are the two reasons:
1. Save data. I've already housed all the NPCs on an old world. It was a long time ago though and therefore hasn't saved.
2. It's a :red:ing stupid, tedious idea. Let's say you want to play on a corruption world, well you can't you have to beat the entire game before you can play corruption. And then when you've beaten the game, you don't even want to play on a corruption world anymore as you've done everything.

It's a :red:ing quality of life change because it reduces the time and effort required to do something basic. Selecting what evil biome you want is one of the most basic :red:ing options they could implement into the game. Selecting what ores you'd like in the world is equally :red:ing basic. Telling someone to spend 20+ hours to play the game how they want to play it is the most :red:ed, self-centered thing I've ever heard.

Also, what effort have you put into your posts? You've failed to provide a valid argument and now you're being a crybaby because you can't think of any reason why you're wrong. I honestly don't care if you don't try to write anything smart as that's exactly how you've been in the first place.

Anyway, you idiots need to stop posting as you're clearly too stupid to say anything worth discussing. Take a good :red:ing read of everything I've said and get your parents in the room with you because you're clearly all underage to be on the internet.

I'm not going to reply anymore until one of you manages to come up with a valid point. And to save your time, don't reply, as you'll never have anything smart to say in your lives.

Thanks for reading. <3

Ok everyone, time to stop.
You've clearly reached an impasse here and arguing back and forth is going nowhere. As a reminder, this is a suggestion thread, try to remain on topic and remain civil or we will close this thread.

Alright. Let me prove all of you wrong again. Here we go.

A: Firstly, it won't be just once, nor will it be just me. If there were world customisation options, then I'd be able to make my first world a classic, corruption world. Then I could make the second one a crimson with alternate ores. If they add a third evil biome, I could have that one after with random ores. If that was the case, the first world would have a 2% chance of spawning and second one a 6.25% chance. That's simply not going to happen so having the basic option of customising your world would save me a lot of time. It would also save time for people who also want a specific evil biome / ores. It could be a returning player who wants to try out crimson, a new player who likes the look of silver over tungsten, a person who needs a specific ore for building or someone who likes variety and doesn't want to always spawn with lead. Perhaps they also want a particular biome near the spawn. If they had these simple customisation options, they'd only have to restart a few times instead of several hundred.

B: I count 3 people with 0 valid arguments. If you'd like to point something out that you haven't said before, feel free to do so. I've already told you several times that "my friend abuses it" is not a valid argument. If your friend abused alcohol, you don't throw a tantrum wanting to ban alcohol, you instead get your friend help. It's the same here. You don't cry like a child to the developers that your friend is abusing the customisation options. You act like an adult and tell them that you'd like a world with custom ores and if they disagree, you're not forced to play with them. Honestly, many people would like the option and they don't give a :red: if your friend abuses it. That's YOUR problem, not the games. Game design is to fix problems that affect EVERYONE.

C: Why is it ridiculous? What is the problem you've made up? Every world is objectively better or worse than overs. One may spawn with better ores, one may spawn with more pyramids, one may have more ocean chests. If you spawn in a world with the alternate ores, who gives a flying :red:? That only affects YOU and the other people playing on the server. Most of them won't even bloody care! And if you do care, don't bloody play on the server. You people are old enough to use this forum so you're old enough to actually use your brains and act like an adult for once.

You've failed to say anything wrong with my suggestion. I'd love to hear a solid argument as to why it's bad but as I've already stated, I've been through the pros and cons of my idea and there aren't any downsides to having more choice. It's like the Coca Cola or Pepsi analogy. If I offered you the choice between them, you don't throw a tantrum saying "YOU SHOULDN'T OFFER ME COCA COLA, IT'S OBJECTIVELY BETTER THAN PEPSI."

I'm not saying "if you don't like it, just ignore it." I'm saying that you're not forced to play with any of the customisable options. You can leave everything at random if you want and the game will be EXACTLY the same as before! And as I've said many times to you idiots, if your friend picks an option YOU don't like, that's not the game's :red:ing fault. It's your friends fault and if you would just grow the :red: up and talk to him like a human being, you can tell him "I don't like these options" and if he's worth anything, he'll work out a compromise with you people.

Look, I've made a meme to show you how bloody stupid your argument is.
View attachment 228399

If you would learn to read before typing a bunch of bull:red:, you would've learned that I've already beaten the Wall of Flesh 3 times. It was a long time ago though and none of my save data has saved. Don't you realise how :red:ed it is to say "if you want to customise your world, just play the game for 10 hours the way you don't want to". It's even more hypocritical for you when you throw a bloody tantrum when your childish friends pick the alternate ores and you scream "not balanced! I refuse to play this game."

Just use your eyes and read through everything I've posted. If you're still too thick to understand, here are the two reasons:
1. Save data. I've already housed all the NPCs on an old world. It was a long time ago though and therefore hasn't saved.
2. It's a :red:ing stupid, tedious idea. Let's say you want to play on a corruption world, well you can't you have to beat the entire game before you can play corruption. And then when you've beaten the game, you don't even want to play on a corruption world anymore as you've done everything.

It's a :red:ing quality of life change because it reduces the time and effort required to do something basic. Selecting what evil biome you want is one of the most basic :red:ing options they could implement into the game. Selecting what ores you'd like in the world is equally :red:ing basic. Telling someone to spend 20+ hours to play the game how they want to play it is the most :red:ed, self-centered thing I've ever heard.

Also, what effort have you put into your posts? You've failed to provide a valid argument and now you're being a crybaby because you can't think of any reason why you're wrong. I honestly don't care if you don't try to write anything smart as that's exactly how you've been in the first place.

Anyway, you idiots need to stop posting as you're clearly too stupid to say anything worth discussing. Take a good :red:ing read of everything I've said and get your parents in the room with you because you're clearly all underage to be on the internet.

I'm not going to reply anymore until one of you manages to come up with a valid point. And to save your time, don't reply, as you'll never have anything smart to say in your lives.

Thanks for reading. <3
These sort of personal attacks will not be tolerated anywhere on the forum. There is no need to escalate to insulting other users over their opinions. If you respond to people in such a way again, further action will be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom