Underrated and Overrated Games

What is most overrated?

• Total voters
Yeah FNAF is definitely overrated, and the dang game only came out a couple months ago, not to mention the sequel is pretty much just a cash grab because it's basically the same thing. Once one YouTuber plays it, all the others just HAVE to as well. Stop making lame games popular.

Over-rated: Disclaimer (I define Over-rated as over-played considering the amount effort, originality, and time spent on a the development of a game)
  • Most war games (Occasionally Battlefield is ok)
  • FNaF
  • GearsOfWar
  • Alot of gun games in general
  • I want to add Watch_Dogs, but I think if it came out like it was supposed to. (With a more polished gameplay trailer build) It would have lived up to its hype.
UnderRated:
  • Age of Wonders series
  • Dawn of War 40K Series
  • Perfect Dark
  • Advanced Wars
  • C&C Generals series
  • AgeOfEmpires Series
  • FlatOut Series
  • StarWars BattleFront

Overrated:
FNAF
COD
Minecraft (especially.)
Any phone game which is too simple yet reaches high downloads
1st gen Pokemon
Underrated:
Terraria
4th gen Pokemon
Flatout & Burnout series
Rayman mainline series (doesn't include Origins and Legends)
RPG games which actually use the tag truthfully.
Tomodachi Life

Overrated: The original Super Mario Bros: I'm not saying it's awful, I'm just saying its aged poorly.The graphics aren't particularly interesting, the jump physics feel odd. This game was revolutionary back in the early NES era, it was the game that effectively saved the western video game market after it crashed, and led to the popularity of platforming games, but I just can't get into it. The later Mario games however, deserve any praise they get.

Underrated: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games: Seriously how are these so low rated? The story is great, the gameplay is fun, the music is well composed, and the art is nice.

The poll seems to be rather biased, as CoD and Minecraft aren´t the only games which could be considered to be overrated, and the CD-i games seem to be there as a joke, as they are rated as awful.

Overrated (In my opinion):

Borderlands: Sure, co-op nonsense in an FPS/RPG hybrid can be very fun. However, that fun wears thin very quickly when the enemies are giant bullet sponges and the quests are repetitive as hell for the most part. There are some fun quests and the story of borderlands 2 was good enough to keep me going, but to me, the game gets dull very quickly.
Call of Duty: Yeah...enough people on the internet have bashed it already so I'm not going to bother.

Underrated:

Frozen Synapse: An incredible tactics game that blends great gameplay, a fantastic cyberpunk world and an amazing soundtrack. Plan out your moves, predict your opponent's moves and then watch as your orders are carried out simultaneously. Well worth your time.
Lost Odyssey: A JRPG produced by Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy Series) and with music composed by Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy Series). If you're looking for a traditional JRPG with great (released in 2007 and still holds it's own today in my opinion) 3D graphics, look no further. It isn't the most innovative JRPG in the world, but it's story and characters are so well done, I quickly became very invested in it.

I think Destiny is wayyy overrated. The story is crap, the voice acting sucks, the gameplay is repetitive and boring, and the PVP has no matchmaking at all. It really should have been a single player game. I've played better MMOs (if Destiny can even be called that) for free.

Underrated: Wonderland series by Midnight Synergy
It has a great fanbase, great puzzles and endless replayability.
If you're looking for a great puzzle games, this is your thing.

Now I´ve finally found the only reason the CD-i games could be overrated: They, when they were released, got mostly positive reviews, with the few negative ones saying it´s average at worst.

You guys know what I'll say for overrated. If you :red:ing check my warnings all the time.

Underrated: Pokémon.
If anything, I'd say it's overrated. Nearly everyone I know who plays it acts like it's the best thing ever, but I really don't think any of the Pokemon games are very good.
They have really lame stories, slow-paced, repetitive, and overly simple gameplay, and the only customization you're allowed is choosing your team and moves. They may have been good back when they first came out, but the only new things they've introduced since then is 3D models. The game is just an endless cycle of grinding.

If anything, I'd say it's overrated. Nearly everyone I know who plays it acts like it's the best thing ever, but I really don't think any of the Pokemon games are very good.
They have really lame stories, slow-paced, repetitive, and overly simple gameplay, and the only customization you're allowed is choosing your team and moves. They may have been good back when they first came out, but the only new things they've introduced since then is 3D models. The game is just an endless cycle of grinding.
You know nothing about Pokémon.

If so: what's MEga Rayquaza's ability?

Back
Top Bottom