Game Mechanics Universal Chest Access

Halixon

Skeletron Prime
So i've had this idea for a while now. So you all know how annoying it is to have to go through, and sort all your
items within a chest? Well i thought it would be nice to have a special system, to where you could place wires
across any chests that you want easy access to, to a special craftable Management console. You could open up
the console (Right-Click) and it would sort the wired chests in a special interface.

You would mouse over a chest in the interface, and it would show the name of the chest. You would right-click
it, and it would open up the chest.

Sound like an idea? Guys (All you Terrarians out there), if you have any ideas for improvement, or any thing else,
just post it. ~Halixon

Why not have it where you could place a console down that, and by like typing in the name of the item looked for, it would give you direct access to it, instead of you having to search through all of your chests several times? You would have to connect something to the chest beforehand of course.

So, you wire up a chest, and then you can open that chest remotely? How would that be useful?
You're kidding.
Well, if you don't like it, then perhaps you'd consider
not posting in this thread.
Yes, this.

Also I think it's a fantastic idea. Especially if you have a server where there's a "community" storage near the spawn that everyone can use, and then your home is somewhere far away. You could put the console at your house and bam, have access to community storage as-needed.

I do not give my support. For many reasons. 1 is that this isn't balanced for huge servers. You found a rare item. You put it in one of your chests. Unknown to you, someone put up a console that connects to your chests and see that rare item and steals it. If you want this you should also create a block for it. Maybe then i may support.

Back
Top Bottom