tModLoader Useful NPCs

1.4tml,please
Will this mod be ported to 1.4 Tmodloader?
Unfortunately tModloader 1.4 is still in very un"stable" beta and modders are to expect monthly breaking changes. I am little busy with other things and I want to at least wait until tModloader 1.4 becomes stable enough to port my mods. Until then, sorry, none of my mods are gonna be 1.4 anytime soon. And I can't promise that I will port my mods ever. I probably will, but I can't promise either.

It seems like almost 4 months, since TModLoader has been updated. I think it's starting to be more stable now.
Can you share the code of your mod? If you are comfortable with it, maybe other developers could help or something.
Would love to use the mod Useful NPCs :D

It seems like almost 4 months, since TModLoader has been updated. I think it's starting to be more stable now.
Can you share the code of your mod? If you are comfortable with it, maybe other developers could help or something.
Would love to use the mod Useful NPCs :D
I am in fact working on updating my mods and planning to release them before March. Useful NPCs is at least functional right now but I will release all of my mods at once so it has to wait for a few week.

Edit:
I am still working but it's gonna need a few week or so. Upgraded Accessories will get updated first then Useful NPCs.

Last edited:
No pressure, can we know the progress? maybe a new planned release date? I just want to know because I have used Useful NPC in 1.3 and really wish to use the mod in 1.4
But like I said, no pressure take your time.

Useful NPCs add various NPCs that sell Items that are annoying to get.

You can download this mod from mod browser or older versions at github.

View attachment 235554Dealer
"With a questionable past, the Dealer sells goods with questionable sources that may or may not involve violence."
NPC Loves : Nurse
NPC Likes : Builder
NPC Hates : Arms Dealer
Biome Likes : Forest, Jungle
Biome Dislikes : Desert, Ocean
Arms Dealer also hates Dealer.
He will come after beating the slime king. He sells the entire items from the traveling merchant, sketon merchant, santa claus. He also sells crates. But here's a catch. His items are at least 2 times expensive from normal price and some items cost even more. And boss progresion still applies, so for example you can only buy pulse bow after beating all 3 mechanical bosses.

View attachment 235555Builder
"The Builder is a snarky architect who isn't afraid of criticizing anything, including things outside of his expertise"
NPC Likes : Angler
NPC Dislikes : Martian
Biome Loves : Jungle
Biome Likes : Underground
Biome Dislikes : Hallow
He will come without any requirements. He sells common blocks, rare blocks, some furnitures and paintings from traveling merchant.

View attachment 235556Alchemist
"The Alchemist grows various herbs to make potions for you to buy. Spending much time with plants taught him to be calm and insightful."
NPC Likes : Guide, Zoologist
NPC Dislikes : Old Champion
Biome Likes : Forest, Jungle, Desert, Snow
Biome Dislikes : Ocean
He will come if there are more than 3 NPCs in the town. He various potions ingredients and potions. He will only sell items that you can get easily so he doesn't break boss progresion.

View attachment 235560Old Champion
"Having played Terraria for over 10 years, the Old Champion sells various items that he grinded so mindlessly in the past years."
NPC Likes : Dryad
NPC Dislikes : Tax Collector
NPC Hates : Angler
Biome Likes : Forest, Desert, Jungle
Biome Dislikes : Hallow, Glowing Mushroom
Old Champion does not wear party hats nor have party specific dialog.
He will come after beating the eye of cthulhu. He sells boss/rare enemy/event summons. He also sells souls and rare drops. He will only sell boss summons after beating that boss or event.

View attachment 235557Hephaestus
"The Hephaestus descended from the Olympus to watch the mortals use his creations."
Hephaestus does not have any specific preference.
He will come after beating the eye of cthulhu. He sells ores, gems and treasures from underground. He will only sell items that you can get easily at that point of the game.

View attachment 235558Shooting Star
"Fascinated by music, the Shooting Star is always ready to explore new world to record the sound of them."
NPC Loves : Truffle
NPC Likes : Party Girl
NPC Hates : Builder
Biome Loves : Glowing Mushroom
Biome Likes : Hallow
Biome Dislikes : Jungle
Party Girl also likes Shooting Star.
She will come after you dicover a glowing mushroom biome. She sells original/otherworld jukeboxes. She does sell hardmode jukeboxes in pre-hardmode.

View attachment 235559Martian
"Exiled from the rest of martians for being a dork, the Martian sells rare items that it collected from specimens."
NPC Loves : Haphaestus
NPC Likes : Cyborg
NPC Dislikes : Dryad
Biome Likes : Snow
Biome Dislikes : Desert
He will come after you defeat martian madness. He sells mounts/biome keys, boss expert drops. Be warned though, the expert drops cost 5 platinums each!

Initial release.
Fixed nullpointerexception when Fargowiltas mod is not loaded.
Tony the Bandit now sells crates.
Fixed Willy the Magic Merchant selling fireblossom instead of its seed.
Overhauled npc graphics thanks to Lonely Star.
Renamed bandit to dealer, magic merchant to alchemist.
Added Draedon, shooting star and martian.
Changed the sprite for a secret item.
Changed the mod icon.
Changed super healing potions' price to 1gold.
Now alchemist no longer sells restore potions that can't be easily obtained in current world state.
Updated to 1.4.3
Added a lot of dialogs to the NPCs
Added living preferences to the NPCs
Changed Draedon to Haphaestus
Removed items from other mods in the shops for now
Removed items for spawning NPCs from other mods for now
Added 1.4 items to the corresponding shops
Moved rare drops from Martian to Old Champion
Increased prices for rare NPC spawning items so it can't be used to purely farm money

Awesome sprites by Lonely Star.
image.png

great mod cant even configure :red: if you try to configure the mod its just going to break and there is no way you can configure it again and repair it

great mod cant even configure :red: if you try to configure the mod its just going to break and there is no way you can configure it again and repair it
It is fixed now, but it might take a few minutes until it shows up. In the mean time, you can manually fix the json file at tModLoader\ModConfigs folder.
And people might take your feedback better if you describe your problem more clearly. It was a relatively simple bug, but what NPCs you disabled would have made it easier.

I'm pretty glad to see this updated to 1.4.3, and while I don't mean to rush you, I'm pretty eager to see a 1.4.4 port soon!

@Gortart
Unsure if this is the best place for this, but anyway.
For some reason the dealer is selling the bramble crate pre-hardmode instead of the jungle crate and after a super quick look at the extracted mod it seems you the bramble crate as both the hardmod and pre-hardmode.
Big thankies, Vinyl

Can you make the Builder sell obsidian?
Hephaestus(the ore guy) does sell obsidians after beating Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu. Obsidian is in fact classified as "ore" on the official wiki.
@Gortart
Unsure if this is the best place for this, but anyway.
For some reason the dealer is selling the bramble crate pre-hardmode instead of the jungle crate and after a super quick look at the extracted mod it seems you the bramble crate as both the hardmod and pre-hardmode.
Big thankies, Vinyl
That's what late-night copy-pasting does to you. It's fixed now. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom