PC Valid Housing

TheGamerBro

Terrarian
Can someone please tell me why this housing is invalid??
Untitled.png

Either too small, or you need to replace some of the platforms with blocks. As I recall the ceiling and floor can't be all platforms.

Edit: Ninja'd by a pokemon. Figures.

The platformed area is considered separate. Those are three different rooms, not one.

Each room needs to fulfill the requirements on its own, not borrow another's, even if they are connected.

The reason is that you can't have a floor made up entirely of Platforms. You need at least 1 (2?) Solid blocks for it to count as a room.

I *think* the Ceiling is allowed to be made of platforms, but try otherwise if it doesn't work.

Edit: I need to wakeup.

If that were the case, the message would say "Housing is already occupied."
Eh, how does that run counter against what I said?

The platformed area is separated = a different NPC room. The guide is occupying the room below.

That house can occupy two NPCs. Without expending the area.

The only wrong bit I've said is the ceiling needing a block, as obvious from the Guide's banner. Didn't notice that at first. Oh, and that it is too small.

Eh, how does that run counter against what I said?

The platformed area is separated = a different NPC room. The guide is occupying the room below.

That house can occupy two NPCs. Without expending the area.

The only wrong bit I've said is the ceiling needing a block, as obvious from the Guide's banner. Didn't notice that at first. Oh, and that it is too small.

Yea I edited my quote after I posted it, realizing what I said did not run counter :confused:

They need solid blocks for their "standing space" at night. So it has to be two together, with enough headroom for a character to stand.

Back
Top Bottom