tModLoader VeinMiner Mod - Mine ores faster!

Great Mod. Little issue:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalItem.Instance(Item item)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.PostDrawInWorld(Item item, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Color lightColor, Color alphaColor, Single rotation, Single scale, Int32 whoAmI)
at Terraria.Main.DrawItem(Item item, Int32 whoami)
at Terraria.Main.DrawItems()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

MODS ENABLED:

Boss Checklist
Calamity
Thorium
Fishing
imksushi's
Spirit
Chad's Furniture
Virtuous Weapons Pack
inksushi naturally occurring moons
Old recipe enabler
death counters
name pack
data packs
shorter respawn
maxstack plus
which mod is this from
where's my items
infinity
item checklist
recipe browser
tremor
reduced grinding
wing slot
Heros
cheat sheet
fargos mutant mod

Keep u the great mod. It's a winner. You're a winner.

Great Mod. Little issue:

at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.PostDrawInWorld(Item item, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Color lightColor, Color alphaColor, Single rotation, Single scale, Int32 whoAmI)

MODS ENABLED:

Boss Checklist
Calamity
Thorium
Fishing
imksushi's
Spirit
Chad's Furniture
Virtuous Weapons Pack
Old recipe enabler
death counters
name pack
data packs
shorter respawn
maxstack plus
which mod is this from
where's my items
infinity
item checklist
recipe browser
tremor
reduced grinding
wing slot
Heros
cheat sheet
fargos mutant mod

Getting the same Crash with similar mods installed.

It looks like this mod doesn't have a class extending Mod. Mods need a Mod class to function.
在 Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)

Inner Exception:
无法加载一个或多个请求的类型。有关更多信息,请检索 LoaderExceptions 属性。
在 System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
在 System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
在 System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()

Still errors even I just enabled VeinMiner Mod.

I'm getting index out of bounds crashes

Great Mod. Little issue:

MODS ENABLED:

Boss Checklist
Calamity
Thorium
Fishing
imksushi's
Spirit
Chad's Furniture
Virtuous Weapons Pack
Old recipe enabler
death counters
name pack
data packs
shorter respawn
maxstack plus
which mod is this from
where's my items
infinity
item checklist
recipe browser
tremor
reduced grinding
wing slot
Heros
cheat sheet
fargos mutant mod

Getting the same Crash with similar mods installed.

It looks like this mod doesn't have a class extending Mod. Mods need a Mod class to function.

Inner Exception:
无法加载一个或多个请求的类型。有关更多信息,请检索 LoaderExceptions 属性。
在 System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
在 System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
在 System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()

Still errors even I just enabled VeinMiner Mod.

What are you doing while getting this crash? Cannot really reproduce it myself on tModLoader v0.10.1.1. Everything works fine.

There's a bug with Antisocial by Jopojelly, any block mined, even without veinminer, disappears from the game, meaning you can' collect any blocks. I didn't test trees, but stone and dirt are uncollectable.

@NanobotZ About the Out of Bounds Crash, i got it on random intervals when mined an Ore since it was Early game for me i just mined Iron Ore.
As soon as i destroyed the 1 block of ore the crash happened. After reloading and trying to mine the exact same ore didnt happened again but later on another one~ Just Randomly mostly.

@NanobotZ I'm reliably getting this error every 1-5 clusters of desert fossils I mine consecutively, so that might be a good place for you to try and reproduce it. (I have only done this with more mods active than just VeinMiner).

What are you doing while getting this crash? Cannot really reproduce it myself on tModLoader v0.10.1.1. Everything works fine.
Are you trying on single player or server though? When I mine a lot of blocks I get out of bounds in single player. But when I'm running a dedicated server I don't have issues. Host and play seems okay too, it only seems to be single player.

Hey, I am a new user on this forum, I created my account just now, specifically to add something to this thread.

I am also getting the "Index was outside the bounds of the array" Error that most people have been talking about.

Specifically below
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Mod. Little issue:

MODS ENABLED:

Boss Checklist
Calamity
Thorium
Fishing
imksushi's
Spirit
Chad's Furniture
Virtuous Weapons Pack
Old recipe enabler
death counters
name pack
data packs
shorter respawn
maxstack plus
which mod is this from
where's my items
infinity
item checklist
recipe browser
tremor
reduced grinding
wing slot
Heros
cheat sheet
fargos mutant mod

I can recreate this issue if you like, but the crash is exactly the same as @Oodahn stated. Exact same crash and text.

The mods I am using are as follows
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VeinMiner
Terraria Overhaul
Calamity
Thorium
Kalciphoz's RPG Mod
Boss Checklist
Another Boss Health Bar
Fargo's Mutant Mod
Magic Storage
Recipe Browser

Those are all the mods I use and I don't plan on adding any more.

Either way, I can recreate this crash even with all mods turned off except for VeinMiner.

What happens is no matter what point of the game you are at.... New Character/New World/Small/Medium/Large.... or if you are End Game....Doesn't matter.... I have gotten the crash literally RIGHT after entering a new world with a new character.... VeinMine 1 ore cluster, and instant crash after 1-10 of those ores break.

I have also whitelisted stone, and tried to VeinMine a cluster of stone that had about 20-30 stone in it, and the crash also happened. So it is not based ONLY on ores.

I SERIOUSLY hope this gets fixed, or we can ATLEAST figure out what is causing this crash. I would love to, but I literally CANNOT use VeinMiner until it does get fixed.... I wish I could.

If you need any info from me, let me know.

Created an account to say the same thing. Getting the same "Out of Bounds" crash as everyone else. I love your mod and I wish you luck in trying to fix it! If it helps, it was working flawlessly the other day (when I first installed it), so maybe that can help point you in the right direction?

Updated the mod to 1.2.3
- The "Index was outside the bounds of the array." crash SHOULD now be resolved or at least should show some dubug info.

Please let me know if those crashes still occur, because I was not able to make it crash on my PC.

Last edited:
Updated the mod to 1.2.3
- The "Index was outside the bounds of the array." crash SHOULD now be resolved or at least should show some dubug info.

Please let me know if those crashes still occur, because I was not able to make it crash on my PC.
It just doesn't work at all for me, server or single player.

/e after deleting and redownloading at least it reconizes im trying to use it. But it doesn't work

VeinMiner threw an exception Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. while Veinmining:
at VeinMiner.VeinMiner.<ProcessVeinmine>d__4.MoveNext()

/e After disabling and enabling it like 5 times it works. Except i set the block limit to 100 and still get out of bound exception.

Last edited:
Updated the mod to 1.2.3

I just installed the new version of VeinMiner, and I have been using it for about an hour now, and I have had no more crashes. Hopefully it stays like this when I go back on Terraria tomorrow!

Thanks so much for the update ;]

https://imgur.com/a/ctuaK Just got the crash on latest version (1.2.3). I was mining a meteor, and about halfway through the meteor it crashed the game.

EDIT: I should mention, it used to crash about 1/8th of the way through the meteor, so it's FAR better, and hasn't crashed on any small veins yet.

Mod List:
VeinMiner
AlchemistNPC
The One Library
Hamstar's Helpers
Boss Checklist
The Enigma Mod
Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls
Enemy Affixes
Portable Storage
Calamity Mod
Thorium Mod
imkSushi's Mod
WeaponOut
Unleveled Mod
Loot Bags
Wormholes
Yoyos 2.0
Quality of Life: Recipes
Block's Costumes
Virtuous Weapon Pack
Tremor Mod Remastered
Cheat Sheet
Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
Storage Library
Fluid Library
Base Library
HERO's Mod
Furniture, Food, and Fun (Previously CosmeticVariety)
MultiLure
Wing Slot
Item Binders
Auto Trash
Reduced Grinding
JoostMod
Banner Checklist
Magic Storage
Recipe Browser
Cheeze's Content Pack
ExperienceAndClasses
Where's My Items
Helpful Hotkeys
Item Checklist
More Guns Mod
The Shapeshifter
Teleporters unchained
VipixToolbox
ZoaklenMod
BewareTheSeas
WorldGen Previewer
Infinity - Endless Items
Crystilium
MoreAcesories+
MorePotions(43 new potions)
Luiafk
Vape Helper
Which Mod Is This From?
Yet Another Boss Health Bar
Compression - Last Update
LightPets
Zocklukas' Mod
Skyblock Mod
Nerf Blasters
Universe Of Swords Mod
Expeditions Content Pack
Expeditions Base
Shader Library
Item Customizer
Summoners Assiciation
OmniSwing
Dual Wielding
RPG Classes
Sharter Respawn Time
MaxStackPlus

The mod is just plain out not working for me i tried for about a half hour or more reading threads and trying to get it to work if it worked id be great for my playthrough :/ i also tried changing the keys to make it work but noting worked

Updated the mod to 1.2.3

Still crashing unfortunately.

Code:

Updated the mod to 1.2.4
- Rewritten the VeinMining implementation, it's not using threads now, VeinMiner should be more compatible with other mods,
- Optimized performance
- Optimized memory usage
- Config option "DelayBetweenMiningBlocks" is working differently now. Currently only one tile can be mined per game's tick. This config line is now only useful to slow down the VeinMiner.

Please let me know if that update have resolved that crash as I'm really not able to reproduce that crash myself.
When reporting the crash please send me a message with the logs (Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs).

Updated the mod to 1.2.4
- Rewritten the VeinMining implementation, it's not using threads now, VeinMiner should be more compatible with other mods,
- Optimized performance
- Optimized memory usage
- Config option "DelayBetweenMiningBlocks" is working differently now. Currently only one tile can be mined per game's tick. This config line is now only useful to slow down the VeinMiner.

Please let me know if that update have resolved that crash as I'm really not able to reproduce that crash myself.
When reporting the crash please send me a message with the logs (Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs).

I can't reproduce the crash anymore using the 1.2.4 version. Even adding stone and dirt to the whitelist and watching the world melt works great.

Thanks!

Seems as though the mod doesn't want to be downloaded through tmodloader. Says bandwidth has been reached, however other mods can still be downloaded. Should I relaunch terraria?

Back
Top Bottom