Venom staff or Razorblade typhoon or razorpine for single target?

I have been doing an Expert Mode mage playthrough and I can say that Razorpine is really good and Razorblade Typhoon is slow but homing so try both. Kill duke with the Razorpine and make an asphalt runway on the top of the ocean

The Venom Staff also feels pretty powerful thanks to its LONG LASTING Acid Venom debuff
Although you need to kill quite a few Black Recluses (which are rather terrifying thanks to their high damage and acid Venom debuff that can pick you off quite quickly) to get the poison staff (that got an indirect buff as poison inflicted onto NPCs has been buffed)

Razorpine vs razorblade comes down to whether you want more DPS or incredible homing/piercing

You are post golem so definitely not venom staff, ever.

The debuff from Venom Staff is nice
So it may be better to use it once to apply the now very potent debuff on the enemy
Once it wears off, apply it again
I know it may be more tedious, but you have something to finish of something a little more quickly

The debuff from Venom Staff is nice
So it may be better to use it once to apply the now very potent debuff on the enemy
Once it wears off, apply it again
I know it may be more tedious, but you have something to finish of something a little more quickly
The Debuff is actually not all that great for post-plantera standards. Acid Venom inflicts 32 damage per second, which cannot be increased by any means. Most weapons after Plantera tier deal hundreds of damage per second at  base stats, which can be increased through reforges, accessories, armors, etc, usually resulting in DPS numbers in the thousands, making the total damage from Acid Venom practically meaningless. At best, it's not worth doing, and at worst, it might even result in a DPS loss because it switching to it means you're no longer attacking the enemy with your much stronger primary weapon.

If you want a magic sidearm for the tier, Magnet Sphere, Rainbow Gun (for crowds only), and Betsy's Wrath are much better choices. Golden Shower (or any weapon that applies Ichor) is also excellent for the aforementioned Razorpine.

Last edited:
Razorpine all the way mother:red:ers! Definitely the best magic weapon in the game, :red: yeah! But the Razorblade typhoon works best against large groups of enemies and segmented enemies such as wyverns, the destroyer and etc. EDIT: I meant to say Razorblade Typhoon, not rainbow gun.

Back
Top Bottom