Weapons & Equip Venus in Furs

Flor3nce2456

Queen Bee
Don't ask me why I thought this would be a good idea. This is the game with the Golden Shower and Mourning Wood. I guess I thought it would just "fit in" y'know?
Now, Obviously I didn't want to make it SUPER explicit what it was you were making, so I decided to instead base the accessory off the novella by the Austrian author Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, and the best known of his works. If you know what the bolded part of his name means, this entire thread should make sense.

MAS.png

"Venus in Furs"
Accessory

Upon taking ANY kind of damage, the Player is buffed with "Endorphin Rush" for 7seconds. Every time damage is taken, buff timer is reset.
Tooltip: "Pain is Good"
Crafting:
Spell_Tome.png
1 Spell Tome
Magic_Cuffs.png
1 Magic Cuffs
Panic_Necklace.png
1 Panic Necklace
Star_Veil.png
1 Star Veil
Leather.png
5 Leather
Spike.png
20 Spikes
Leopard_Skin.png
Tiger_Skin.png
Zebra_Skin.png
All 3 Animal Skins

Crafted at a Bookshelf and any Couch/Sofa/Bench-type Furniture.

RUSH.png

Endorphin Rush
+50% Speed
Recover Mana equivalent to damage taken
Stars erupt from player when Damage is taken

4 Stars which cause 40 Damage each
Double Mercy Invulnerability
1.5 HP/Second Regen

-5 Defense
Does not Stack with "Panic" Buff
Does not Stack with benefits from Cross Necklace and all of its Tinkers
Does not Stack with benefits from Star Cloak and all of its Tinkers
Does not stack with benefits from Magic Cuffs and all of itsTinkers

Again, probably a very weird idea, but still. Equip all that and tell me you DON'T go running gleefully at mobs going "Hit Me! Hit Me!", Or fill your arena with spikes. Might as well cram it all together in one accessory, y'know? Let the whole world know what goes on in your head.
NOTE: This is not what goes on in my head, S/M & BDSM scares me.

I am open to re-balancing suggestions as long as they are done civilly. :dryadsmile:

The only thing I see in this is that Venus is the goddess of romantic love and beauty... Bellona or Cybelle would be a much better choice for an accessory that screams masochism. I know it's the name of that literary piece, but the Mythology geek in me can't help but raise an eyebrow and shout "wrong goddess!"

Y'know, this sounds pretty good. Originality-wise, it's good and it's not, if that makes sense. I like the balancing and effort put into this thread, you've done a fantastic job overall. Just going to add these fancy-shmancy support buttons if you don't mind... c:

I like this, just except for the -5 defense. I already have low defense as it is :sigh:
I guess what I normally do with Warding all accessories would help with that.

Weird idea, but I still support. There's a disturbing lack of late-endgame uber accessories.

Also, as soon as I saw the thread title I thought it meant the Velvet Underground-song.

Back
Top Bottom