Biomes & Nature Vertical Expansion

Xenos05

Terrarian
The skies and the underground... Both great opposites in Terraria, however, the airy fields above feel a bit empty, and the great depths below feel like they could be expanded. Here's how I suggest they could be expanded:

First of all, increase the height to space, for more room in the sky. With all this empty space, more clouds, even if it doesn't have a sunplate home, should be added. depending on the biome it is above, some, but not all sky islands should change a bit to match them, excluding the evil biomes (or not, not really major. Possibly new structures could form, like actual expanded mills to fit sky mills, ruins of sunplate homes, even an altar or two to spice things up. Kites could also be flown as if it were a windy day. Maybe some new mobs (or old ones) such as the arch-wyvern could be introduced/reintroduced. Of course these new sky islands and clouds would have to be spaced seperately so traveling across still proves to be a challenge. Now, for the underground layers. Honestly, something below the underworld should be present, nothing too game changing, but simply something new to explore, called the upper mantle. To reach it, there would be a new block to go through (possibly bedrock?), which requires a tier 2 Hardmode pickaxe at minimum. There would be new biomes, such as a "shadowflame cavern" which has some purple and dark blocks around, as well as purple magma. There would be magma everywhere here, as it IS under hell, and some slightly lighter blocks than in the shadowflame caverns. There would also be a giant forgotten ocean with possibly new enemies (based on discoveries of a giant ocean in the mantle). Of course other biomes are up to Re-Logic, but there is one more biome here that I'd like too suggest. A lost jungle. Hear me out, this would be a place which is very dark and far from sunlight, yet millions of years ago, the underground jungle reached here, and the specially adapted plants came here, and over time, transformed. (ha, I'm not very good at lore, but I'm just gonna say that for now.)

So what do you think? Should Terraria be expanded vertically? This is just a suggestion and I'm fine if it doesn't go through, Terraria is an awesome game anyways!

Back
Top Bottom