Samrux's Virtuous weapon pack! Aiming to create new and fun weapon mechanics.
50,000+ downloads on Mod Browser!
Have you ever wanted to shoot an arrow at the sky and have it rain despair on your enemies, fling your foes into the air and make them take fall damage, or hastily punch mobs to death like in a true anime scene? In this mod we include 23 unique weapons to play around with, most of which balanced for late-hardmode to Moon Lord.
This is just a hobby, so I'm glad to share the source code for anyone that might want to take a look for any purpose, specially if you want to learn or contribute. GitHub link on the bottom.
- The Gobbler
This is the best I've done. It is designed for hilarity and is the biggest individual work I've made with over 1,000 lines of code. Shoot your Terra Blade and on impact with enemies it will launch terra beams in all directions, shoot The Axe and hear the music as it bounces around, shoot your pet to call it to the impact location. Fiery items burn enemies as slimy items cover them in gel, big items can't travel as far, blocks and walls have huge knockback, the Arkhalis is completely broken and you should TOTALLY try it. The possibilities are endless, and I put so many little details in it.
No seriously you gotta try this out.
Currently, The Gobbler drops from Moon Lord with a 100% chance.
- A completely new weapon type: Orbitals
- While active, they stay near the caster, dealing damage to enemies and providing boosts and effects. They utilize the player's highest damage between magic and melee.
- The orbitals don't occupy buff slots, and their damage doesn't interfere with other piercing weapons!
A complex yet dynamic system makes these a true and developed weapon type!
Repel enemies, suck the life out of your foes (for a price), and find a new gameplay style; these are some of the possibilities of the new orbitals!
Where to find the orbitals:
- Sailspike: Crafted with gel and
I forgot what else
- Facade: Dropped from Skeletron.
- Bubble: Crafted at a Crystal Ball with 100 Gel and a Water Bucket.
- Fireball: Crafted at some Books with 10 Hellstone Bars and 1 Tattered Cloth.
- Lucky Break: Dropped from pirates!
- Energy Crystal: Dropped occasionally from mechanical bosses.
- Spiked Bubble: Crafted at a Crystal Ball using the regular Bubble, 10 Crystal Shards, 20 Pink Gel and a Life Fruit.
- Holy Light: Dropped by the Golem.
- Sacrificial Daggers: Dropped by Giant Cursed Skulls in the post-Plantera dungeon.
- Bullseye: Crafted using a Rifle Scope, 10 Vortex Fragments and 5 Amber at an Ancient Manipulator.
- Twilight: Dropped by Duke Fishron.
- Blades of Virtue: Crafted using 12 Luminite Bars, 20 Ectoplasm and 50 Souls of Might at an Ancient Manipulator.
- 3 melee weapons, 4 ranged weapons, and 3 magic weapons; all unique and fine-tuned, with new mechanics!
-Staff of Earth
-20 x Marble
-8 x Solar Fragments
-8 x Stardust Fragments
-10 x Luminite Bar
-10 x Solar Tablet Fragment
-Illegal Gun Parts
-50 x Nanites
-10 x Ectoplasm
Art of War:
-10 x Vortex Fragments
-30 x Dynasty Wood
-10 x Luminite Bar
-1 x Diamond
-1 x Ruby
-1 x Emerald
-1 x Sapphire
-1 x Topaz
-1 x Amethyst
-1 x Amber
Staff of Flinging:
-Giant Harpy Feather
-10 x Chlorophyte Bar
-5 x Fallen Star
-Cursed Flames / Golden Shower
-8 x Nebula Fragments
-8 x Solar fragments
-10 x Luminite Bars
-20 x Ectoplasm
-1 x Black Lens
- And a set of Laser Pointers
Many thanks to all the people that made this mod possible!
- @Vladimier, @Godslayer, @iCatfish, @RainbowDrago, @NyctoDarkMatter - Spriters, and much more
- @aWolfen and @Valkyrie Valhalla for getting me into the modding world and pushing me forward
- ÐarkŁight and all the nice people for all the coding help in the tModLoader Discord group.
- Every person in the Virtuous Discord group, including those above, for all your invaluable feedback, support and ideas. Such cool dudes
Current Version: 1.1.1
The mod can be downloaded from tModLoader's built-in Mod Browser! Also in the attached file on the bottom.
Click to go to the Discord server
Click to go to the GitHub
- Fix a possible duplication glitch with the Gobbler on multiplayer (I had to pick between that or a disappearance glitch...)
- Many new cool orbital ideas we had prepared, including accessories
- A few downgrades and sidegrades of current and unmentioned weapon concepts, along the game progression
- More and better sprites, from our great team
- And of course, new and epic weapons
• Added Chinese translation (Thanks Dierney!)
• The Gobbler now keeps item prefixes
220.127.116.11: Updated for optimization with the latest version of tModLoader (0.10.1.2)
• Added weapon **Spotter**: Upon a successful bullet hit, it calls for a sniper to deal a huge blow on your target from afar.
• Added 3 new orbitals:
- **Fireball**: Underworld-tier, it spins slowly dealing large damage, and right-click creates a small explosion.
- **Lucky Break**: Dropped from pirates, a hand of 5 cards that shuffle and provide varied luck-based effects.
- **Energy Crystal**: Dropped ocassionally by mechanical bosses, the crystals cycle and shoot at nearby enemies.
• Added colored **Laser Pointers**; they're fun with cats, just don't aim them at your eyes.
• Added Russian and Spanish translations. Most items and their descriptions are translated.
• Fixed that old nasty bug that lagged the hell out of orbitals when holding them if you had the kRPG mod.
• Improved Orbital tracking, now they don't jitter when moving through slopes. Smooth!
• Made Sailspike craftable instead of dropped by King Slime.
• Fixed some Gobbler shot item effects only working in English.
• Internal changes; I like pretty code.
1.0.5 - Lion's Mane visual slightly changed, Ether Slit should work better on multiplayer, and fixed another bug where you could get to negative mana (the previous two related fixes were lazy, this one's good)
-Fixed Lion's Mane and Ether Slit's right-click uses not consuming mana
-Reworked Twilight orbital's death effect
-Internal: The entire orbital system has been overhauled and rewritten. As a result, orbitals should work a little better in multiplayer, and there is a better base for more multiplayer fixes in the future. It's also now easier than ever to create your own orbital, so be sure to talk to me if that's something that sounds interesting! The source is on GitHub.
1.0.3 - Fixed severe lag caused by shooting the Gobbler, and fixed Lion's Mane flashing with right-click use.
1.0.2 - Changed Crusher Mace sprite, tweaked Sacrificial Daggers lifesteal (it was a buff)
1.0.1 - GitHub integration, added mod icon
1.0.0 - 19 weapons