NPCs & Enemies Voodoo Demons, less RNG based spawning

Should Red Devils also count for the number of dead demons?

• Yes!

Votes: 33 91.7%
  • No!

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

zimberzimber

Terrarian
We all know the issue with the avenger emblems, need to kill the wall of flesh at least 3(4 after 1.3?) only if you are lucky enough.
But the real annoying part if getting those damn voodoo dolls.
And why? Because waiting for a voodoo demon to spawn is boring as hell. pun intended

I suggest instead of giving the Voodoo Demon such a low spawn rate, making one spawn every time you kill a specific amount of Demons, like The Groom does when you kill ~70 zombies during a blood moon. The Groom does not function this way, Terraria Wikia (NOT Gamepedia) is telling lies, LIES I TELL YOU!

Now I know that in 1.3 they will have a higher chance of spawning, and in my opinion it would be better if they would spawn this way.

Also, should Red Devils count into the number of dead Demons for the Voodoo Demon?
(Answer the poll please)

Last edited:
I support this. :dryadhappy:

Because I have to look for everything but voodoo demons to get one.:dryadsad:

It was confirmed in the new update that their spawn rate would be increased.
Good, I was getting so desperate for getting voodoo dolls I made a specialized way too big farm that I am never going to use because I got all the voodoo dolls I need just from building it.

Though I will have to agree on the fact the spawn rate for voodoo demons is pretty annoying to deal with you can get certain items that will affect spawn rate and therefore increase chances. Either way, though, this allows the WoF to get grinded a lot more, which is already an apparent problem.

I would support, but WoF grinding and other things concerning that is weighing down the scales. I'm afraid I'm going to be a bit fifty-fifty with my judgement here. Sorry about that, it's just you provide a damn good argument, but which would also have its major downsides, too.

Though I will have to agree on the fact the spawn rate for voodoo demons is pretty annoying to deal with you can get certain items that will affect spawn rate and therefore increase chances. Either way, though, this allows the WoF to get grinded a lot more, which is already an apparent problem.

I would support, but WoF grinding and other things concerning that is weighing down the scales. I'm afraid I'm going to be a bit fifty-fifty with my judgement here. Sorry about that, it's just you provide a damn good argument, but which would also have its major downsides, too.
The only thing that this method would change about the Wall of Flesh grinding is it would only speed up the process of getting the emblems.
People already grind it, it just takes a lot more time because of the spawn rate.

And if you get spawn rate increasing items, it would increase demon spawn rate, therefore you'll get to see a Voodoo Demon faster.

I wouldn't want to encourage boss grinding, and I never said there weren't already players grinding, I said it would affect this in-game exploit a whole lot more.

While I'm not against boss grinding per se, I agree that grinding WoF is a bit too easy as it is right now. But introducing an increased spawn rate in 1.3 will bring similar results to this suggestion in that grinding WoF will be easier; something that appears to be already decided on.

In my opinion, the biggest flaw to this suggestion is that new players who do not wish to read the wiki could end up not progressing post WoF solely because they didn't know voodos existed and had no reason to slay multiple normal demons. Perhaps this could be solved by having the Voodo Demons spawn as they do now pre-HM in addition to your new way of spawning them, but have them spawn less frequently post-HM.

Am i the only one who has no trouble getting voodoo demons?
Seriously i got like 12 in a chest just from going to the underworld to build a Bridge

On Topic: This would make it a whole ton easier since RNG Hates a lot of people, and I don't see why not.
So you get my Support

I've never had a problem with voodoo demons or the emblems. I usually start hardmode with 5-6 extra dolls. Is this really such a problem for others?

like The Groom does when you kill ~70 zombies during a blood moon.

I've never heard this piece of info before, and it only appears on the Wikia Terraria wiki, which is notorious for misinformation. I'll note that the generally more accurate Gamepedia wiki does not have this information, and furthermore, even the Wikia version sound suspect . . . saying "should appear around 70 killed, but might appear sooner". Sounds to me like someone played a bit too much make believe and convinced themselves of a fake theory.

I've never heard this piece of info before, and it only appears on the Wikia Terraria wiki, which is notorious for misinformation. I'll note that the generally more accurate Gamepedia wiki does not have this information, and furthermore, even the Wikia version sound suspect . . . saying "should appear around 70 killed, but might appear sooner". Sounds to me like someone played a bit too much make believe and convinced themselves of a fake theory.
Either way, it's a good spawn mechanic don't you think?

Back
Top Bottom