Wacky NPCs Mod

Great newst!

npcs test.png

(many of the stuff there are not from this mod, obviously, like Alchemist NPCs, and that polka dot wall with the pinned notes)

So, thanks to @DV Game the mod is actually ported now without errors. Although at the moment it probably isn't available at the mod-browser, because I didn't publish it yet.
It loaded properly, and all the NPCs and items that were in it already seems to work as they worked before.
I saw some weird red error messages appearing, but they didn't crashed the game or anything.

So, a bit more testing might be needed, but overall, this is very promising.
Now - once this is published - the next question is, how to
1.) fix NPCs so they actually have happiness, and proper bestiary entries.
2.) add in some of the planned stuff, like the crimson kitchen. And I'm a bit concerned about it, because we had a version - that was never published - that managed to solve this (likewise thanks to @DV Game ) but that probably wouldn't work as-is on 1.4, and I can't figure out what to do about it anyway. So, yeah, that probably won't be easy either, but, I suppose, for now, seeing the mod properly ported to 1.4 is already super awesome.

naturally, bugs to be expected even once I publish this version. ...but guess the professor loves bugs, so...

----

On another note, I was looking at the NPCs quotes, and written a bunch of new ones regarding various events. (they're not added to the mod yet)
Since on 1.4, NPCs seem to have quite some quotes regarding various events, like party, windy day, etc.

Which makes me wonder about various stuff, for example relations between certain NPCs (this matters regarding happiness too)
But then I'm wondering if they'll be good, or not XD Like some of these quotes state like the crimson fangirl and the curruption fangirl are going out with each other, etc. I wonder if that's fine, or should I leave that more ambigous if they do or not? XD

Or... well, maybe I just copypaste all of that here XD
And curious what you think?
(it also includes all the quotes that they had already too)
(this is only for the NPCs already present but I looked up older discussions in the thread about other NPCs' quotes, like having the Hallow Fangirl being a tsundere for the player XD)

Corruption Fangirl
Corruption Fangirl

bestiary entry:
A quiet girl who loves the Corruption. While she doesn’t show much emotions on the surface, she’s not actually emotionless at all.

possible names:

Violet, Indigo, Hyacinth, Iolanthe, Lavender, Mauve, Yolanda

((note to self: NPCs can have all sorts of situational quotes like “during windy day” but they don’t need to have one for all possible events))

quotes:

standard:

…The Corruption… the lightless chasms... rotting and decaying deadlands, with worms feeding on it. Isn’t that kinda amazing…?

…Don’t eat rotten chunks, they taste awful… Why do I know? Well…

… … … Shh… I’m pretending to be dead… like the corruption…

…Eater of Souls are kinda weak, but they attack in swarms… that’s a bit cool, isn’t it…?

…You know Devourers? They’re rare to show up… but they’re kinda wicked cool…

…If you look around deeper in the chasms, you might find the large worm that made those… it’s really nasty. I kinda wanna hug it…

…Hug an ebonwood tree. Today too. They need more love. Because they deserve it…

…Deep in the chasms, there are those shadow orbs. They have some wicked evil power. Isn’t that kinda cool…? Makes me wanna keep one as a pet…

Night:

…I kinda like the night… it’s kinda like the Corruption… dark and lightless… a little bit wicked…

Rain:

… … … Kinda gloomy weather we have today… Kinda nice…

Windy Day:

…Is this what they call a “mad cyclone” or is that something else…? Wicked…

…For some reason… this weather makes me wanna say… something theatrical while covering one of my eyes…

Thunderstorm:

…The weather is just wicked now… hehehe… but better stay home…

Blood moon:

…Just leave me alone now… just let me pretend to be dead like the corruption…

Party:

… … …Don’t really like big parties because of the crowd… but a very small party might be okay…

Graveyard:

…It’s a bit of a… wicked… gloomy biome… kind of nice…

NPC related:

… [Dryad] just doesn’t understands it… don’t listen to her, don’t purify the corruption… okay…?

…[Crimson fangirl] can be a bit… pushy and loud, but… I kinda… love her…

…I like listening to [Crimson fangirl]. But sometimes she talks a bit much… then if I… kiss her, she falls silent for a bit… and makes this wicked cute crimson-red face… ehehe…

hardmode

…Hey, hey… If you happen to get a Clentaminator, you know... buy purple solution… Kinda… Lots of it…!

…Slimes that fly and slimes that bursts into smaller slimes… that’s kinda wicked cute, isn’t it…?

…There is a thing called cursed flames. Not even water can put it out, it’s very strong. And you can craft lots of things from it. Corruption is kinda wicked cool, isn’t it…?

…Look, it’s a corruptor plushie… It’s kinda… wicked cute, isn’t it…?

(overhaul mod cross-mod content)
…Did you visit the Corruption in the autumn when it’s blooming? Eyes… eyes everywhere. Everything watches you. That kinda makes me wanna do something wicked too while I’m being watched… watched by everything… hehe…

happiness quotes:

When homeless:
  • …I need a place to call home… and stay there most of the time…
When far from home:
  • …I’m so far from home…
When in a sparse area:
  • …This is a wicked nice secluded place...
When overcrowded:
  • …There are way too many people around… that makes me feel uncomfortable…
When in the Forest:
  • …I like the forest… it’s kinda bland, but… it could get corrupted later, so… that’s kinda wicked nice… ehehe…
When in the Hallow:
  • …I hate the Hallow… it’s… it’s… just get me out of here…
When in the Corruption:
  • …Yes… the Corruption…! This place is the best… ehehe
When in the Crimson:
  • …It’s not like the Corruption, but it’s okay…
When in the Dungeon:
  • …All these undead are kinda… wicked cool… ehehe…
When near the Princess:
  • …[Princess] is a bit wicked cute too…
When near the Crimson fangirl:
  • …Though [Crimson fangirl] can be a bit… pushy and loud, but… she’s cute and…I love her…
When near the Wizard:
  • …[Wizard] is wicked good with spells, there’s so much to learn from him…
When near the Guide:
  • …[Guide] says things like… “Destroy shadow orbs”... He’s wrong… you should… hug them instead…
When near the Dyrad:
  • …[Dryad] tell you to purify the Curruption… She's totally wrong…!
When near the Hallow Fangirl :
  • …[Hallow Fangirl] wanna turn the whole place into that shiny-sparkling… biome… don’t listen to her…! Okay?
When neutral:
  • …It’s a normal day… only a tiny bit wicked…

likes and dislikes:
LovesCrimson fangirl
LikesWizard
DislikesGuide
HatesDyrad, Hallow Fangirl
Biome likeforest (or corruption, if possible)
Biome hatehallow

Crimson Fangirl
Crimson Fangirl

bestiary entry:
A hyperactive girl who loves the Crimson. Likes outdoor activities like jogging, and loves to talk a lot. A real lot.

possible names:
Scarlet, Carmine, Cerise, Flann, Flannery, Garnet, Rose

quotes:

standard:

The Crimson. It’s alive, so alive! rich, verdant crimson vegetation with adorable little eyeballs and crimtane thorns and crimson vines and all sorts of other stuff growing in it, shadewood trees that grow flesh among the leaves, the chasms, and, and face monsters, and blood crawlers, and crimera and, and…, sorry, you wanted to buy something?

Graaaah! Face monsters! They’re so cute, I wanna hug them! And crimera too, and blood crawlers too! Awww, I wanna hug them all! All the crimson creatures!!!

While traveling, I stumbled upon a restaurant somewhere, the Crimson Kitchen. Their motto is “Taste the crimson!” And the menu is full of crimson stuff, like batter fried blood crawler legs, and roasted crimera and… the best thing is, the barkeeper is a facemonster! It’s just too cool and… the furniture is made of shadewood and… ah, you wanted to buy something?

Did you know? There’s an insect called crimket. It’s like a cricket, but it’s crimson. They have vertebras and stuff too, like any crimson creatures. It’s really cool! If you listen to the little sounds of the Crimson, you will hear their chirr for sure.

It’s just visceral malignity, the crimson isn’t actually evil. It’s just a natural, visceral desire of self-preservation. At the cost of other’s blood and flesh. Like a predator! Isn’t that cool? And did you know, it’s not just flesh and hearts, there’s a brain too somewhere! Isn’t that the coolest thing ever?!

Crimson hearts are so cute. Just looking at them makes my heart race too! I wanna hug them! I totally want one as a pet!

Once I saw someone purifying crimstone. It felt horrible. It’s like petrifying a living creature. Don’t do such, okay? Just make sure you have barriers to not let it spread further than… aww, actually, you could just let it spread. If this whole place would turn crimson, that would be something incredibly cool!

Morning:

Good morning! Perfect time for some jogging, isn’t it? Wanna have a race who can run faster to that tall shadewood tree in the… Hey, wearing Hermes boots is kinda cheaty…!

Rain:

Bad weather for outdoor activities… but if I’m stuck at home, it’s a good time to clean my figurine collection. See this adorable little blood crawler? I got it from a CrimDonald’s Happy… or was it Burger Crim…? Anyway, it’s totally adorable, isn’t it!

Windy Day:

Time for kiting? It’s just the perfect weather for it. You should see my crimera kite, it’s super cute and it can soar so high up the sky when it’s this windy!

Shall we do a race? Who can run faster than the wind? Hey, Hermes boots are kinda cheaty!

Thunderstorm:

Woah, heard that?! That must hit somewhere nearby. Speaking of which, once I was caught by a thunderstorm like this while jogging, it really started like “baam!” suddenly, good thing there was a crimson chasm nearby and… ah, you wanted to buy something?

Blood moon:

Leave me alone now, okay?!

Party:

Yes! Yes! It’s a party! Full of people and cake, and balloons and… though I think it could be even better, if we would have some decorations shaped like crimera and face monsters and… how about we have a cake shaped like a blood crawler? Let’s go with a flavor everyone likes and is red, like, strawberry and… ah, I can’t bake cake though… let’s ask someone who can do it!

Graveyard:

Weird place. You would think it’s pretty boring, but turns out this graveyard is pretty lively too… Lots of zombies… I dunno about that… Would be much better if it would be all crimson creatures, don’t you agree!

NPC related:

[Dryad] just doesn’t understands it… don’t listen to her, don’t purify the crimson… okay, okay!? Absolutely never purify it!

[Corruption fangirl] might look quiet and gloomy, but she’s really adorable. I don’t really know about the corruption, but we went ebon-tree-hugging together the other time, and it was nice. But that’s more because of her adorable smile. The Crimson is better than the Corruption though.

I wanna take [Corruption fangirl] on a date to the Crimson Kitchen, but she doesn’t likes crowded places, so should pick a time when it’s quiet. Or maybe a different restaurant? But I think the Crimson Kitchen is awesome, so I wanna show it to her too…

hardmode

If you happen to get a Clentaminator, buy red solution… Looooooots of red solution…! Yes! You could turn even more area into crimson! I’m shivering with excitement just thinking about it!

Do you wanna see my ichor sticker collection? No…? Okay…

Floaty Gross can pass through walls. That’s really cool isn’t it? And some of them carry vitamins and meat grinders and stuff too. That’s so cool. See? They know that a healthy diet is important and… ah, you want to buy something?

Do you know about ichor? It’s the blood of gods. It’s a really-really potent material. Spell tomes, bullets, arrows, and all sorts of other stuff, ichor is great!

(overhaul mod cross-mod content)
Have you ever visited the crimson in the autumn when it’s blooming? It’s incredibly cool, the ground is full of flesh things, the shadewood trees are bleeding, and everything is full of life! You might even meet the Cerebral Mastermind!

happiness quotes:

When homeless:
  • Sure I like outdoor activities, but I still wanna have a house too.
When far from home:
  • …Phew! That’s quite a way from home! Now it's time to run home!
When in a sparse area:
  • Not a lot of people here, huh?
When overcrowded:
  • What a crowd, and yet, not many people wanna listen to me… That’s no fun…
When in the Forest:
  • The forest is alright. It’s a fine place for jogging and stuff, but it’s not the Crimson. It can get crimsoned though, so, yeah, that would be awesome, wouldn’t it?
When in the Hallow:
  • I hate the Hallow… just what on earth is this place?! Can we turn it all Crimson instead?
When in the Crimson:
  • Aweeeeeeesomeeeee! Right? The Crimson! The best place ever! It’s just… just look at it! Look at all these meaty bloody shadewood trees, the cute little eyeballs in the grass, the… it’s just the best!
When in the Corruption:
  • It’s not like the Crimson, but it’s okay. We’ve been here a few times with [Curruption fangirl], and I can see some positive things about it. Well, mostly that it can make her smile so brightly!
When in the Dungeon:
  • Dungeon? Then guess time for adventuring!
When near the Princess:
  • [Princess] is so positive about everything, could anyone dislike her?
When near the Crimson fangirl:
  • I love [Crimson fangirl]. Well, that should be obvious, we’re going out after all. And really, she’s the cutest!
When near the Arms Dealer:
  • [Arms Dealer] can give all sorts of useful advice about dating spots and the like, he’s quite helpful.
When near the Guide:
  • [Guide] says things like “Smash the crimson hearts”... Eh. Why would you do that?! Don’t do that.
When near the Dyrad:
  • [Dryad] tell you to purify the Crimson… She's totally wrong! Don’t listen to her!
When near the Hallow Fangirl :
  • [Hallow Fangirl] wanna turn the whole place into that shiny-sparkling “biome” don’t listen to her! Okay?
When neutral:
  • Nothing special today. Guess I should go jogging for a bit. Or …Ah, did I tell you about that one time when I went to the crimson and… eh? You’re kinda busy?

likes and dislikes:
LovesCorruption fangirl
LikesArms Dealer
DislikesGuide
HatesDyrad, Hallow Fangirl
Biome likeforest (or crimson, if possible)
Biome hatehallow

Picklock
Picklock

bestiary entry:
If something can be closed with a key, it can be opened with one too. And if you need those keys, this man is the one to ask.

possible names:
Mathieu, Adalberto, Pascal, Igor, Brandon, Giordano, Giovanni

quotes:

standard:

Have you ever stopped to consider what you will do with this purple key once you return from hell? Please don't sell it back to me.

This is not a briefcase. This is a highly efficient, small tool carrying device.

Wait... if safes can be accessed from Anywhere, does that mean I can pick trans-dimensional locks? Go me!

Closed Chest you want me to open? Hmm... No. ...Wait... how much?

I wonder who designed these gold keys... they're way too fragile, but if I tinker a bit with them to be stronger, they don't fit into the lock anymore...

You saw nothin kid.

Rain:

Bad weather today, isn’t it?

Windy Day:

Good thing most safes are so heavy, even this wind couldn’t blow them away.

Thunderstorm:

Mondieu…! It’s raining cats and dogs…!

Party:

Who wouldn’t like parties? You can talk to nice people and eat good food. And maybe… overhear a few interesting info too… Ah, I said nothing. Want some champagne?

Graveyard:

I’m a picklock, not a graverobber, okay? What do you want me to do here?

NPC related:

[Merchant] calls that a safe? That's what I call a toy!

hardmode

Who in their right minds would try to pet a chest?

I recently found that there is a way to make keys out of souls of monsters, but I don' like how they look. Be careful where you put them, that's all I'm saying.

happiness quotes:

When homeless:
  • I need a place to call home. Or a secret hideout or anything.
When far from home:
  • I left most of my gadgets at home. If you want me to craft you some keys right here… well, I’m not saying I can’t, but that will take time… and more money.
When in a sparse area:
  • Perfect. All this space and without many neighbors.
When overcrowded:
  • Crowds are no good, kid, I tell you. How do you wanna break a safe open with so many people around?
When in the Desert:
  • Ah, the desert is the perfect place… it’s quiet, calm and good for my business.
When in the Jungle:
  • I hate this humid place, all my equipment is going to get rusty and all… and then there’s that one door… No, don’t you say “sour grapes” kid...
When in the Corruption/Crimson:
  • Mondieu… this place is gross…
When in the Dungeon:
  • Keys, huh? And chests to open. If only there wouldn’t be half a bajillion skeletons guarding them…
When near the Princess:
  • [Princess] is quite rich, isn’t she? She buys a bunch of keys too.
When near the Arms Dealer:
  • We’re old buddies with [Arms Dealer]. Ah, the good old times when we robbed that train… erm…
When near the Goblin tinkerer:
  • That [Goblin tinkerer] sure is rich. He asks me to test his safes all the time.
When near the Merchant:
  • [Merchant] has all these safes for sale. Great stuff to practice on.
When neutral:
  • Normal, huh.

likes and dislikes:
LovesArms Dealer
LikesGoblin tinkerer, Merchant
Dislikes
Hates
Biome likedesert
Biome hatejungle

Scam Artist
Scam Artist

bestiary entry:
The Merchant’s daughter. Half a human, and half a nymph, this crafty girl has it in her blood to deceive others, and yet… is that a weather radio?!

possible names:
Jade, Blanche, Eirlys, Erica, Jasmin, Euria, Lorelei

((note: if possible, her prices should not change at all, regardless if she’s happy or not. to keep her “99” pricing theme.))

quotes:

standard:

Yes, yes, it's true! All these super rare wares are for sale!

If you buy today, you can get three, for the price of three!

It's the finest spider-silk, just touch it, it's so tender, just think about all the things you could craft with it! Don't you want a velvety sofa or a dreamy, fluffy-fluffy bed? Or maybe a beautiful robe?

Are you a narcissist? Or getting tired of the taste of recall potions? Don't worry! I have magic mirrors for sale today.

If you buy an extractinator today, you get an extra...ctinator!

Wanna try swimming in lava? This lava charm is just what you need! It offers complete protection from lava for seven whole... hou... minutes...? I think? Worry not, it worth the price!

Just got some extremely rare wares! Look, this mask and robe belonged to a pharaoh once! But that's not all! Look at this! It's a flying carpet! Yes! It's real! And all are for sale today!

Look at these lovely little clouds in a bottle. If you get one, it will change your life forever! You can reach some places you only dreamed about before!

Are you looking for climbing claws or shoe spikes? Here's my answer, tiger climbing gear! Two in one! And at such a dirt cheap price!

I have some merchandise for the cold winter days too! Would you like a pair of soft and fluffy hard warmers? Or wanna go skating on ice? These ice skates work even on thin ice!

Ever wanted to grow moss on stone? Look no further, this staff of regrowth is what you need!

Rain:

It’s raining? Well, here's the perfect tool for you, this multipurpose umbrella! Look, it comes in this lovely red-white color and... it isn't even expensive for something so amazing!

Windy Day:

What a wind… want a… kite? I should stock up on some I guess. I just saw a slime carrying one…

Thunderstorm:

What a weather… Want some lightning rods?

Blood moon:

Buy something or get lost.

Party:

Parties are the perfect time to get some nice gifts, and souvenirs, and little gadgets, and other stuff… I have them all, and at such a dirt-cheap price too, if you wanna buy something?

Graveyard:

It is quite hard to persuade the undead to buy my wares, so… don’t quite like it here.

NPC related:

My father is a paragon merchant, isn't he? I learned most things from him.

[Angler] can be such an annoying brat isn't he? Don't worry, I have an Angler's Tacke Bag and a Fish Finder right here!

Is it raining? Getting tired of having [Nurse] treat your broken leg? Or looking for those rumored floating islands? Here's the perfect tool for you, this multipurpose umbrella! Look, it comes in this lovely red-white color and... it isn't even expensive for something so amazing!

If you find them a tiny bit expensive, think about how much you pay for that pointy eared [Goblin Tinkerer] to break your blades.

hardmode

Smashing altars is dangerous and fishing for crates is tedious, right? Then check out these ores!

Aiming for the ankh charm? Check my wares, maybe I have just the component you need!

happiness quotes:

When homeless:
  • I need a place to set up my little shop.
When far from home:
  • So far from home…
When in a sparse area:
  • Huh, so much space and all for myself?
When overcrowded:
  • There are lots of people, but most of them don’t wanna buy anything…
When in the Forest:
  • Yes. The forest is quite a nice place to set up my little shop.
When in the Corruption/Crimson/Dungeon:
  • This place is quite dangerous and no one wanna buy anything… ugh…
When near the Princess:
  • Her highness [Princess] is such a cute, gullible… cough… rich neighbor to have around…
When near the Merchant:
  • Of course I love [Merchant], he’s my dad.
When near the Jeweler:
  • Of course I love [Jeweler], he’s my uncle.
When near the Golfer:
  • [Golfer] is so rich, it’s great to have people like him around.
When near the Nurse:
  • [Nurse] is so rich, it’s great to have people like her around.
When near the Goblin:
  • [Goblin] is so rich, it’s great to have people like him around.
When near the Tax Collector:
  • …Paying… taxes?! Eeh… Once a week [Tax Collector] said… How about once a year, or a decade I ask?
When near the Angler:
  • …[Angler] is such an annoying brat, and I hate getting targeted by some of his dumb pranks.
When neutral:
  • Business is going well. Wanna buy something?

likes and dislikes:
LovesMerchant, Jeweler
LikesGolfer, Nurse, Goblin
DislikesTax Collector
HatesAngler
Biome likeforest
Biome hate

Professor
Professor

bestiary entry:
This wacky old professor loves to explore the wilderness with a bug net and a magnifying glass in hand and he doesn’t mind sharing some of his catches for a little monetary support.

possible names:
Dr. Quicksand, Professor Porter, Dr. Goof, Prof. Oaks, Dr. Ruin, Dr Klutz, Dr. Dingbat

quotes:

standard:

Yeah, yeah, stop nagging me with lunch now, I'm in the middle of field research...! Huh?! You're not my wife...

Yes, this insect has exactly 3 543 legs and... Hey! Watch where you're stepping!

What? You want to buy something to support my researches? Why, thank you. ...Now... Where did I put those bugs again...?

Yes, yes, I'll catch you now you fascinating little...! What?! Ah! Rats! You scared it away!

Snow:

Brrr... turn on the heater please. What? What you mean by you don't have one?

Desert:

Could you turn on the air conditioning? Huh? What do you mean you don't have one...?

Hmmm... I think there was the pyramid of Amenhotep XXIII. somewhere around here... or was it not here...?

...And if I could extract the ancient blood from this mosquito in the amber, I could probably... Oh, hi!

Wow! It's the fossilized scaphoid bone of a Calliorhinotitan! Quick, help me digging it up! What? You're busy...?

Jungle:

...And the humidity is 223.5%. ...What? 223.5%? This hygrometer must be broken... Oh, why hello there!

Did you know there's an ancient temple here somewhere deep in this jungle? I remember I saw it the other day, but... where was it again?

Shh, keep it quiet, there are some fascinating insects in these bushes, don't scare them away...

Rain:

While the weather is not the best for field research, I can just sort out my collection at home… don’t mind the notes scattered everywhere in the room, okay?

Windy Day:

…And when it’s this windy, is when the ladybugs come out in the forest… perfect day to catch some!

Thunderstorm:

I’m quite used to rainy weather, but this is a bit much… it’s seriously hindering my field research…

Blood moon:

The fruitcake? Ah, I found it when I organized my stuff at home the other time. It's probably from Christmas last year or the year before. I would advise against eating it... but looks like it's good to hammer nails or ward off monsters...

Party:

Party, huh? I suppose you gotta take a break from field research once in a while… Now I’m going to… research… this chicken with exotic spices…

Graveyard:

…And then I caught a… maggot! Look here, it’s still in the bug net, isn’t it cute?

happiness quotes:

When homeless:
  • I might be doing field research most of the time, but I need some house too to store all these bugs and notes…
When far from home:
  • I left some of my stuff at home… again…
When in a sparse area:
  • Perfect. The less people around, the less to scare away the bugs!
When overcrowded:
  • Crowd… crowd… more crowd… Hey, watch where you’re stepping!
When in the snow/ice:
  • Brrr... it’s so cold here. Turn on the heater please. What? What do you mean by you don't have one?
When in the Corruption:
  • Woah, did you see that large worm?! What an interesting place…!
When in the Crimson:
  • Gotta research this crimson-red wilderness more. Look, is that a huge spider?
When in the Dungeon:
  • Ah, some ancient ruins… very very nice.
When near the Princess:
  • Her highness, princess [Princess] is supporting my research with lots of money… I’m so glad…!
When near the Zoologist:
  • [Zoologist] is a nature-lover just like me. It’s fun talking about animals with her!
When near the Witch Doctor:
  • [Witch Doctor] is such an interesting fellow. And he has much knowledge about the jungle!
When near the Truffle:
  • [Truffle]... a walking, talking mushroom… that’s something too that would worth more research!
When near the Dyrad:
  • [Dryad] is an ancient protector of nature. It’s nice to have her around.
When near the Druid:
  • [Druid] knows so much about nature. It’s fun to talk with her.
When near the Golfer:
  • [Golfer] does all this aggressive terraforming for his golf-courses… I don’t like it…
When neutral:
  • Time for field research!

likes and dislikes:
LovesZoologist, Witch Doctor
LikesTruffle, Dryad, Druid
DislikesGolfer
Hates
Biome likeeverything except snow/ice
Biome hatesnow/ice

Might change this and that on these though. But so, what do you think?

Last edited:
Awesome :D
Regarding the quotes I think they're all pretty good but some events could use multiple ones instead of just one since on average NPC's have 2 quotes for every situation (There are some single ones but they are rare) and as for the relation between the Fangirls I think it's fine. I love the idea of the NPC's having relations with eachother but it's very rare with teraria outside of surface level stuff

Also I found a small gramatical error in the quotes
1652336658376.png
(Corruption not Curruption)
1652336934975.png
(Floaty Gross instead of Floaty gross)

Last edited:
Awesome :D
Regarding the quotes I think they're all pretty good but some events could use multiple ones instead of just one since on average NPC's have 2 quotes for every situation (There are some single ones but they are rare) and as for the relation between the Fangirls I think it's fine. I love the idea of the NPC's having relations with eachother but it's very rare with teraria outside of surface level stuff

Also I found a small gramatical error in the quotes
View attachment 368896 (Corruption not Curruption)
View attachment 368897 (Floaty Gross instead of Floaty gross)
Thank you. I'll fix those. XD

Now what I wonder is, how do I actually add happiness, etc.
I realized you can extract other mods to look at their code, so I did that with alchemist NPCs lite, in hope to figure out how to add happiness and other stuff, but I can't find those anywhere in the quotes.
I did found the lines that are seemingly for Census Mod support, so I can try to add in similar, and hope that it will work.
But no idea about the happiness.

On the other hand, now that we're on 1.4, I can try to add the other, planned NPCs - although might be better solve the missing happiness first, so their codesheets can be created that way from the start. But I certainly could tinker with their spritesheets.

Speaking of Alchemist NPCs, it's making me wonder how to do cross-mod contents such as NPCs talking about other NPCs from other mods. I'm pretty sure Alchemist NPCs does that, and I even seen it in the code, but the other mods it would refer to aren't on 1.4 yet.
Also wondering if it can affect happiness. e.g. Scam Artist liking the Jeweller. considering he's her uncle.

Also, it's a small thing, but looking at mods, I noticed that Confection Rebaked. Didn't tried it yet though. It might been a mod pre 1.4 for a while, but I didn't played modded much since 1.4, so I generally ignored that along with pretty much all other mods for some time, but, now that I'm looking at mods much more again, I'm kinda intrigued, and...
A new spreading biome could mean another NPC who is related to it, right? Another Fangirl!
And if this actually works in a way that's making the Confection an alt to the Hallow, making either of them spawn but not the other, it actually makes the Hallow Fangirl more useful too. Since until now she wasn't added, because the Hallow is present in all the worlds upon entering hardmode anyway (a different question it might spawns in a place that makes it minimal, like the jungle)

But I also wonder about other stuff. There are many awesome mods pre 1.4, that I loved to use in modded games before, such as Chad's Furnitures. But many of those old mods seems to be very inactive now? That's not a problem regarding pre-1.4, but I wonder if their owner will port them, of if there's some way to help with that or something.
Like, because, it would be fun to do a modded playthrough or two now too, with the mods that are already ported. It's understandable that huge mods like Thorium and Calamity would take a long time to port, if we were waiting all this time, that's hopefully won't take more years to see them on 1.4.
But so, wondering about several of the not very big, yet extremely awesome mods that exists pre 1.4, and I totally would like to use them in playthroughs!

Yeah there are plenty of awesome mods both 1.4 and pre-1.4 but I also haven't touched any mods in a long time unfortunatly. Also do the Alchemist NPC's even have happiness? Maybe you can't find it becosue they didn't add it yet

Yeah there are plenty of awesome mods both 1.4 and pre-1.4 but I also haven't touched any mods in a long time unfortunatly. Also do the Alchemist NPC's even have happiness? Maybe you can't find it becosue they didn't add it yet
Yeah.
It do have happiness. I think it didn't the other time yet, but it has now. I actually found some that seems to be it in the code like
X liking Y, but not the quotes that are related to them. But they do show up in-game, so... wonder where they are in the codesheet?

Also, it's a small thing, but looking at mods, I noticed that Confection Rebaked. Didn't tried it yet though. It might been a mod pre 1.4 for a while, but I didn't played modded much since 1.4, so I generally ignored that along with pretty much all other mods for some time, but, now that I'm looking at mods much more again, I'm kinda intrigued, and...
A new spreading biome could mean another NPC who is related to it, right? Another Fangirl!
And if this actually works in a way that's making the Confection an alt to the Hallow, making either of them spawn but not the other, it actually makes the Hallow Fangirl more useful too. Since until now she wasn't added, because the Hallow is present in all the worlds upon entering hardmode anyway (a different question it might spawns in a place that makes it minimal, like the jungle)
So I've looked a bit more into that Conffections mod finaly and yeah it looks great although it is in a very beta state for now in 1.4. But there is one more thing related to that, the creators of that Connfections mod have also made a diffrent mod that adds an alternative biome for The Underworld and based on the menu system they have made for the Confection in 1.4 they plan on bringing it over as well since they have an option to select which hell someone wants (and jungle as well) so is there maybe a possibility of doing Hell/Depths fan girls as well (and maybe also jungle/whatever that option will be fan girls)?

So I've looked a bit more into that Conffections mod finaly and yeah it looks great although it is in a very beta state for now in 1.4. But there is one more thing related to that, the creators of that Connfections mod have also made a diffrent mod that adds an alternative biome for The Underworld and based on the menu system they have made for the Confection in 1.4 they plan on bringing it over as well since they have an option to select which hell someone wants (and jungle as well) so is there maybe a possibility of doing Hell/Depths fan girls as well (and maybe also jungle/whatever that option will be fan girls)?
That's very interesting. can you send some links to check them out?
I wonder about fangirls or something else though - if fangirls are for evil/good/whatever spreading biomes, or for any biome?
but if there are alt. biomes for other biomes, those might could use some town NPCs too.

Although that's more just about curiousity now, because making those wouldn't be high priority for now.
First we should get this mod updated and uploaded.
We could had done that at the point when the porting was done (so it would been all stuff that it had back pre-1.4 too, but nothing else) but we decided to add in more stuff, and now that kinda means uploading at this point would end up adding in things that aren't working that perfect yet.

thanks to @chasbroc now we have the crimson bar and the barkeep ported as well - that was initially coded by @DV Game pre 1.4
but there's still a lot to do with it. I made his spritesheet too, but at the moment, his walking animation is a mess, because somehow it's misaligned.
but overall, we made some really good progress, so, look forward to it.

speaking of crimson kitchen barkeep, then we realized that it's still quite a question what actually should be in his shop...
any good ideas? XD

Here's a link to the sprite/idea page for The Depths and here's a link to a video showing it off (Not sure if stuff was added or not since that video it's just the first one I found when searching for something about it)
And yeah I just asked this out of curriosity if maybe it could be something to do in the far future once all the issues now are solved and that mod get's finished (Or at least becomes stable and have enough content) as well

As for the kitchen shop here's a list of your ideas from some time ago
1653238009741.png

As for my ideas I think it would be nice to offer food based on enemies and have the effects be a "combo meal", for example
Blood Crawler Spaghetti - A plate of white speghetti (made to look like a web), gives Plenty Satified + Dangersense effect (Spider sense reffrence)
Vicious Sushi or Sashimi - The fish is red and with red sauce, gives Well Fed and Rage
Chrimera Ribs - More red ribs that also soak with blood, gives Plenty Satisfied and Hunter
Brain Ice Cream - A bowl of Ice cream which looks like Brain of Cthulhu, gives Well Fed and Titan (Becouse it's a boss so I think it's kinda fitting)
Herpling Tail - Just a tail on a plate, Gives Exquisitely Stuffed and Swiftness
Crimslime Punch - A drink with a red liquid inside, Gives Well Fed and Water Walking
Blood Jello - Jelly in the shape of a Blood Jelly's head, Gives Well Fed and Gills
Ichor Lemonade - Ichor colored Lemonade, gives Well Fed and Flask of Ichor effect
Floaty Soup - Red soup with pieces of something floating around, Gives Plenty Satisfied and Gravitation

In addition I think he could also have any food items that are either dropped from Crimson trees or from Crimson enemies

Here's a link to the sprite/idea page for The Depths and here's a link to a video showing it off (Not sure if stuff was added or not since that video it's just the first one I found when searching for something about it)
And yeah I just asked this out of curriosity if maybe it could be something to do in the far future once all the issues now are solved and that mod get's finished (Or at least becomes stable and have enough content) as well

As for the kitchen shop here's a list of your ideas from some time ago
View attachment 370416
As for my ideas I think it would be nice to offer food based on enemies and have the effects be a "combo meal", for example
Blood Crawler Spaghetti - A plate of white speghetti (made to look like a web), gives Plenty Satified + Dangersense effect (Spider sense reffrence)
Vicious Sushi or Sashimi - The fish is red and with red sauce, gives Well Fed and Rage
Chrimera Ribs - More red ribs that also soak with blood, gives Plenty Satisfied and Hunter
Brain Ice Cream - A bowl of Ice cream which looks like Brain of Cthulhu, gives Well Fed and Titan (Becouse it's a boss so I think it's kinda fitting)
Herpling Tail - Just a tail on a plate, Gives Exquisitely Stuffed and Swiftness
Crimslime Punch - A drink with a red liquid inside, Gives Well Fed and Water Walking
Blood Jello - Jelly in the shape of a Blood Jelly's head, Gives Well Fed and Gills
Ichor Lemonade - Ichor colored Lemonade, gives Well Fed and Flask of Ichor effect
Floaty Soup - Red soup with pieces of something floating around, Gives Plenty Satisfied and Gravitation

In addition I think he could also have any food items that are either dropped from Crimson trees or from Crimson enemies

As for the Depths, it looks intriguing, but that vid looked like that mod is somewhat in early developement (at least that time when the vid was made)
it looks promising though, but at the moment, not sure what to do with it.

As for CK's dishes...
I remember those older ideas, and I told some of those to @chasbroc
also thought of something (if it's possible) that raises luck too. like "Crimsoned frog burger" or such. since now CK barkeep has a planned quote about an item like that, noting that it was the result of joined brainstorming together with Flann. Initially I just thought to add is as a reference (and if we wanna add something like Flann too) but it actually could be a foodstuff that also raises luck.

As for your ideas, they generally sound awesome!
Although wondering about how useful some would be, if they're only available later game (since food made out of hardmode enemies might be only available in the shop in hardmode?)
It also reminds me of Thorium's cook, who sells food that gives various buffs as well, though dunno if it was changed since or how (or how will he adapt to 1.4 with 3 different levels of well fed.

So, it's a funny thing, because CK barkeep is added now, but he doesn't really have anything to sell at the moment... and honestly, getting the shops of the other planned NPCs would be much easier, since those are generally vanilla stuff, so it might be not a bad idea to not mind CK barkeep's shop too much for now, just plan what to add, and add most of them after the other stuff are implemented.
But it also worths noting that he's key regarding other furniture-spawned NPCs, so the things we figure out here, we can use with other similar NPCs too.

Yeah The Depths are pretty unfinished in that video, I mostly just asked becouse you were interested in The Conffections and this was the same team + I was wondering what you thought of the idea overall.

Well I don't think there's much of a reason to limit them to hardmode but if you feel like they should then they could have an additional third effect as well to make them stronger

Whoa, I just found this thread and after browsing for a while all I can say is good job! this mod looks really cool. I still remember using things like crimson/corruption fangirl on a whim and this level of progress is absolutely astounding! I'm insanely proud of you and I'm going to check it out once its fully developed!

@Sora_92 i saw your post in the expeditions mod heh seems it was special to you as well. that mod and this were the 2 i could run on my old :red:ty laptop at the time i remember when this was the crimson and curroption fangirl mod youve come a long way and id kill a child for the hallow fan girl ngl she looks amazing XD. (you said there was no corresponding biome to go with that but i think there is 1 mayyyyyber) above ground mushroom:3. back on the xbox 360 i recall you couldnt have that biome on the surface until you entered hardmode idk might have changed from them thought id spit ball you that.

@Sora_92 i saw your post in the expeditions mod heh seems it was special to you as well. that mod and this were the 2 i could run on my old :red:ty laptop at the time i remember when this was the crimson and curroption fangirl mod youve come a long way and id kill a child for the hallow fan girl ngl she looks amazing XD. (you said there was no corresponding biome to go with that but i think there is 1 mayyyyyber) above ground mushroom:3. back on the xbox 360 i recall you couldnt have that biome on the surface until you entered hardmode idk might have changed from them thought id spit ball you that.
Ahaha, yeah, I love that mod too, that's why I tried asking about it, because I kinda feel like it got quite forgotten. Among several other mods that I wanna see ported too, like Chad'sFurni, but I don't think we saw Chad online here lately? Or did we? How are we going to build some of the stuff without those furnitures? Uuu...

As for hallow fangirl, let's not kill anyone for her, but she's definitelly planned. in fact, let's see...
I would love to post some teasers, but work is going a bit slow, but we're making lots of progress. I hope that we can upload the 1.4 version of the mod very soon.
So, while not sure about any screenshot teasers, here are a few things.

----------

some little teasers
group_full_B.png

The group as the plans are right now. (bottom row will be probably not in the upcoming version though, because making stationary town NPCs might requires some special stuff too. ...though I just saw that Chester guy in helpful NPCs like yesterday, and that's exactly what we need for NPCs like these. but I think, it might be better upload the mods without that stuff for now, and tinker with that for a next update.

So, the 4 fangirls as it should be (Corruption, Crimson, Hallow, and Cyber), Picklock, Scam Artist, Professor, Gravedigger, Waiter, Crimson Kitchen Barkeep, and Flann.

They all have personalities too now (like have a bunch of quotes). Some of them were a bit of a headscratcher before, or I was just indecisive, but decided now XD

Okay, how about one-one quote from the new NPCs?

Gravedigger_Head.png
"Who migh’ be restin’ in peace in this graveyard? Well I dunno, all these zombies look pretty lively to me."

Waiter_Head.png
Kyaaa, it’s so cuuuute! …Ah, sorry, I was looking at cat pictures on my phone. You wanted to order a meal? …Or wanna see some cute kitties first?

HallowFangirl_Head.png
Is that a l-l-love letter?! No? Eeh? I’m not disappointed! Who would want a love letter from you anyway, hero!

Cyber_Fangirl_Head.png
((at a party)) Competition name. Colon. Who can blow up a balloon to be bigger. (Boom!) Waaa! That scared me! Geez… now I ruined my android act…

CKBarkeep_Head.png
Sometimes, things go differently than how we planned. But I say, if life gives you Crimson, make… Crimonade! The most important thing is, to never give up.

Flann_Head.png
Interesting, when ya wanna get someone to taste something new, ya often say “It tastes like chicken”, right? In my homeland, we say “It tastes like Crimera”. Cultural differences can be quite interesting, huh? Chicken, hahaha, that’s just funny.

As things are looking like now, CK Barkeep, Cyber fangirl, and Flann will be furniture-spawned NPCs (although I'm wondering that considering his limited usefulness, the Gravedigger could be too, but then, if you think about it, furniture-spawned actually comes with its own little restriction too, that you need to include said furniture in a build for the NPC to live there.

concepts/ideas (might change, but might be fine like this)
Will placing these give you a new neighbor?

cyber computer.png
Cyber Computer (it uses the Cyber's color palette, but it's made from vanilla stuff and a few additions I made)
crimson archives_transparent.png
Flann's Archives/or Crimson Archives? (generally vanilla stuff put together and recolored here-and-there)

@Sora_92 lts funny you brought up chads furni(I had that one too I actually said something about that in the thorium discord I'm a patreon there too :3. Apparently one of thier guys plans on making a mod for things like that. I think they liked what I mentioned too. I went on a rant about how it made NO SENSE WHATESOEVER. That we have a mechanic who built the mechanical bosses, a steampunker, and a cyborg and yet don't have modernized furniture and stuff like fridges, radiator heaters, light bulbs, tvs, game consoles, ect. Let's be honest would that really break the immersion even in vanilla because of those 3 npcs alone?:/ its bothered me since I first played terraria the first time I got the steampunker I assumed I'd get steam pink esc furniture that's different from the basic stuff before made from wood Xd

@Sora_92 lts funny you brought up chads furni(I had that one too I actually said something about that in the thorium discord I'm a patreon there too :3. Apparently one of thier guys plans on making a mod for things like that. I think they liked what I mentioned too. I went on a rant about how it made NO SENSE WHATESOEVER. That we have a mechanic who built the mechanical bosses, a steampunker, and a cyborg and yet don't have modernized furniture and stuff like fridges, radiator heaters, light bulbs, tvs, game consoles, ect. Let's be honest would that really break the immersion even in vanilla because of those 3 npcs alone?:/ its bothered me since I first played terraria the first time I got the steampunker I assumed I'd get steam pink esc furniture that's different from the basic stuff before made from wood Xd
Ahaha. And so, they're working in a mod like that? Tell me more!

As for Chad'Furni, the problem is, that no one can touch that without Chad's consent, so, it can't be ported like this, and I don't know if he was online here lately... (let's try @360Chadscope )
And it has lots of modern furnitures (even if the electronics update never happened)
Terrarchitect is there and it offers a few awesome stuff, but as I was looking at it, now there are few kitchen extras, but no stuff like kitchen counter, fridge, stove and such. makes sense pre-1-4, because Chad'sFurni had those, but if it won't be ported, a kitchen is again just... a metal pot in the middle of the room?! geez... that's not a kitchen.

There's Thorium's cook, and the vanilla Barkeep, we're adding in the Waiter too, but now there's no fridge and stove and kitchen counter to build a proper restaurant... ugh XD
And that's just one room, and then where are the other modern furnitures?
And stackable crates that are actually storages!
We need all that back...!

Ahaha. And so, they're working in a mod like that? Tell me more!

As for Chad'Furni, the problem is, that no one can touch that without Chad's consent, so, it can't be ported like this, and I don't know if he was online here lately... (let's try @360Chadscope )
And it has lots of modern furnitures (even if the electronics update never happened)
Terrarchitect is there and it offers a few awesome stuff, but as I was looking at it, now there are few kitchen extras, but no stuff like kitchen counter, fridge, stove and such. makes sense pre-1-4, because Chad'sFurni had those, but if it won't be ported, a kitchen is again just... a metal pot in the middle of the room?! geez... that's not a kitchen.

There's Thorium's cook, and the vanilla Barkeep, we're adding in the Waiter too, but now there's no fridge and stove and kitchen counter to build a proper restaurant... ugh XD
And that's just one room, and then where are the other modern furnitures?
And stackable crates that are actually storages!
We need all that back...!
not quite yet and its only one of them from what ive gathered keep in mind its not now its an in the future thing but itll be separate from thorium possibly. the reason not now. they are working on porting thorium to 1.4 like you are wacky npcs :D. not kissing your butt too hard but as of now imo thorium, wacky npcs, split are by far my favorite mods and it wouldnt feel right with any of them missing. losing expeditions is gonna hurt though she always felt like a 2nd guide but instead of telling you how to build she told you things to do (without too much bs like some quest givers) it felt like she helped you track your progress and reclaim the land. well im excited to see the updates ill be watching this mod and the other 2 i listed like a hawk keep it up youre awesome! p.s if the hallow fan girl tells me to crusade and murder peoples ima do it :v

not quite yet and its only one of them from what ive gathered keep in mind its not now its an in the future thing but itll be separate from thorium possibly. the reason not now. they are working on porting thorium to 1.4 like you are wacky npcs :D. not kissing your butt too hard but as of now imo thorium, wacky npcs, split are by far my favorite mods and it wouldnt feel right with any of them missing. losing expeditions is gonna hurt though she always felt like a 2nd guide but instead of telling you how to build she told you things to do (without too much bs like some quest givers) it felt like she helped you track your progress and reclaim the land. well im excited to see the updates ill be watching this mod and the other 2 i listed like a hawk keep it up youre awesome! p.s if the hallow fan girl tells me to crusade and murder peoples ima do it :v
I see. Well, yes, expected Throrium staff to be busy with porting the mod, and that's obviously higher priority than adding in new stuff.
Lol, thank you! It means a lot to hear that!

Yeah, the neighborhood needs the clerk back too, so the town can have a decent little adventurers' guild running too. - If you love town NPCs, give a try to Alchemist NPCs too, and there's that Helpful NPCs too (I don't know that one much just yet) - they're unrelated to this mod, but maybe it's fine to note them, because they're awesome!
Let's hope we can persuade the owner of Expeditions Mod, to port it. If it's too difficult, maybe we can try to look for help too. I can't code fancy stuff, but there are many who can.

And no, she won't really tell you to murder others XD lol, she has a crusader complex and she's telling you to fight against the evil forces or whatnot, but like all characters here, she's pretty silly too. And... looking at her planned quotes now, it kinda feels the focus went more on being a tsundere, than fangirling over the hallow. I mean, she does that too, but maybe she needs more hallow quotes too. XD

As for the missing furnitures though, if we can't summon Chad or anyone who can do it, we might have to go a Newtonian approach and "I made my scientifical eqipments myself. if I would had to wait for others to make them for me, I still haven't discovered anything" or something like that.
So, maybe if we want a set of kitchen furnitures, we have to make that set ourselves. And that goes for all the missing furnitures and sets in general.
If anyone feels like spriting some like that? XD

I can try too, but making spritesheets for all these new NPCs should be top priority for now, not a random fridge or stove XD

Back
Top Bottom