NPCs & Enemies Watchmaker NPC

hi9990005

Official Terrarian
Sooo, has anyone else noticed how hard it can be to get timers? It's very infuriating to try and build a trap I oh to find that you don't have enough watches to make the correct timers. That is why I propose his NPC. He sells various kinds of watches and timers. There are also new kinds of watche that he sells:
Slown watch: accessory, slows down time, making it ideal for solar eclipses and pumpkin/frost moon as it gives you more time.
Fast watch: accessory, speeds up time, great for skipping past a blood moon or solar eclipse or just to skip ahead to night/ day.
Super repeater: sends a constant signal to traps, which allows instant fire (post plantera)
Sluggish watch: slows down enemies, projectiles, and time. Uses 10 mana per second. Activated with x key.
The timekeeper: pre hardmode yoyo, available post skeletron. 28 damage, fast speed, 4 knockback. Inflicts slown debuff(50% chance)
He might sell some other things but I'm not yet sure. His spawn criteria are :
There is an available house
The player has either a gold/platinum watch, a gps, a pda, or the cell phone in their inventory(not in a chest).

Quotes:

"Not even a surgeon can match the precision of a watchmaker! Err... Don't tell (name of nurse) that I said that."
"(Name of goblin tinkerer) seems to be quite interested in my wares."
"I once sold a watch to (name of steampunker), only to watch in horror as she took it apart and used the gears as decoration!"
"I only sell real watches, not that fake stuff that (name of traveling merchant) is selling" ( only if traveling merchant is present and selling stopwatch.)

This NPC is mainly used for taking the stress and tediousness out of getting materials for watches and timers for farming. Please tell me if you support or not and also give me some suggestions.

Last edited:
No support; Timers aren't that hard to get normally, you only need Iron (Chains), Gold/Platinum/Copper/Tin/Silver/Tungsten, and Wire.

Why have a new NPC for an item you can easily craft?
It's much harder to get platinum in a large world, especially if you spent a lot of it on making armor for eoc/boc. Plus people sometimes need something convenient instead of going underground.

Back
Top Bottom