Items Way of having infinite buff duration

BreadMan

Terrarian
Having a method of having potion effects last indefinetely would increase quality of life greatly, I think it should probably be either a consumable (perhaps via shimmering some other item), an accesory, or even an item that is active while in the inventory. In case it was an accesory, it could be post moon lord, crafted with all potions and lunar fragments or something else. And if it is was consumable obtained via shimmer it should be obtainable post moon lord too, and having UI for choosing with buff is currently active would be cool. This kind of item would be highly useful for people that like to build for long periods of time, fishing, or farming enemies, as it would allow the player to constantly have the necessary buffs for these tasks without having to drink potions constantly, it would make afk farming a lot easier. :D

Another idea is to make them like the ammo box and the other class buff ones, meaning that they're permanent until death or exit. Maybe it could be crafted with like 100 of the respective potions?

Potions are already so easy to amass and apply that I don't really see what problem this solves. The combat potions actually don't do all  that much outside of combat, and last almost exactly as long as you'd need them to  for combat (with the exception of invasions, I suppose). The Non-combat potions are honestly some of the cheapest items in the game and last for ages, so you end up getting a lot and drinking very little. Seriously, I cannot find words to express enough how inexpensive some of these potions are.

I actually don't think it would be all that unbalanced, I just think it would be a bit pointless. If anything, it'd make the buffs feel less special as they're always active and you don't have to manually apply them yourself.

Back
Top Bottom