Serious What are your top 5 must-play games and why?

Shovel knight.
Terraria.
TF2
Gmod
(and a game thats still in beta)

1. Shovel knight is well... Fun and retro! i like those kind of games.
2. Terraria... Oh boy where do i start... so many things 2 do...
3. TF2 as people call it a "copy" of COD it will never be worse than it in my opinion.
4. Gmod is a fun game where you just build stuff or use dupes!
5. Lenny's quest (Yeah I'm making this alright) Technically you play as me (well in sprite form) and you do stuff its kinda like earthbound in a way

My top 5 for most deserved to play:

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - One, it's my favorite Zelda of all time with Majora's Mask next then Wind Waker. 2. It's the most influential game that inspired most of the items we see in this day for Zelda series. To some (like me), it's considered the Best of all Zelda. It has very little linearity if you know the game enough, namely in the Dark World, 1 is first and always, but, you can decide to go to 2, 3 or 4. Each of which are required for the laters one. 2 and 4 for 6, 3 and 4 for 5.

Doom 1, 2 (Final Doom included), 64: This game, the big reason First Person Shooters came into play (Wolfenstein being the birth of it, but not most influenced). Having nostalgia of blasting demons and zombie comrades in the face to amazing level architect. Oh, did I forget to mention that it's one of the Top Modded Games? Yeah, you heard me. Theres several communities that have MADE new maps for the game. Not happy with JUST maps? Fine full blown change the playstyle, Brutal Doom, Russian Overkill (only mention as it does change a lot, and lives it's namesake), or even a TC (Total Conversion). Then going on to Doom 64, has a PC port (a remake of sorts, with Level making too), but for the actual game its dark atmosphere and revamped graphics and enemies will keep you onto your toes.

Borderlands 2: You like the shooting? Salvador does. You like Loot? Maya does. You like multiplayer? Axton does. Do you like badass freaking robots clawing through your enemies? Gaige loves it. Yeah, this game, of all FPS types, is also an RPG. With countless guns to encounter in the game, with amazing comical humor and a decent story, and Claptrap. You can build your character the way you desire for how you play. If you wanted, you could turn Maya the Siren into a Sniper (though she's really meant for Elemental Damage with SMG.. just saying). All characters having some backstory to them found in ECHO logs around (Except for Gaige and Krieg, they are DLC, have their logs on em). Just an amazing game.

Black and White 2 / Battle of the Gods: A god game, with a beautiful atmosphere, serene landscapes, different raced enemies... and a Giant animal pet? I see a Wolf, a Cow, a Monkey, and a Lion... All having their own personalities.. To be molded into YOUR liking! Killing machine? Builder or Farmer? Go for it. Then you, an almighty godly being sent to save the Greeks from total genocide from the Aztecs. You build up a city and perform miracles on your lands, earn tribute to get more things, and beef up your creature and make a military of your own. There alot you can do, and 3 ways to beat a map, win by military force, win with amazing building (Influence), or them both. You also can decide if you're an evil god or a good god, do you sacrifice some villagers to bring your mana reserves up or plant forests and grow food for them and letting them do it themselves?

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3: These 2 games are the best of the Series only for the fact that they play very nicely, and are unique. Sadly 1, 4 + aren't.. Cut for it. Onto the goodly bits. You choose 1 of several Castle types, being Dungeon (Everything Greek Mythos in one place, Minotaurs, Medusa, Harpies, Dragons), Castle Town (Humans with Pikemen, Archers, Crusaders, Monks, Gryffins and Angels), Rampart (Centaurs, Dwarves, Elves, Pegasus, and Green Dragons)... I wont spell it all out, but theres a lot, and each Castle type coming with 2 types of Heroes, Creature Power orient (melee, knight of sort) or Magicians (Spell casting)- but how you play is how everything turns out, you can turn a knight into a super caster, or like me, a Mage who manages to get a ton of Magic and Attack early on. This game is turn based strategy, collect resources to build quick and clean the map of the opposition. Also has a map editor so you can create your own maps.

5. Advance wars: dark conflict.
Amazing turn based strategy game set in an apocalyptic world. It is on Nintendo DS, or you can get it as a ROM.

4. Red Dead Redemption.
It is grand theft auto in a cowboy game. (And it has a heaps better and deeper story than any GTA game.)

Well that's all I got eight now, I'll think of more later.

In no particular order, I present to you:
5 Games Theo Recommends!
  1. The Sandbox (Android, iOS): It's a game in which you become the "god" of a universe. Start off by placing soil, mix it with water, make dirt, turn the sun ON and boom! You have made your own unique nature. There are lots of different campaigns to play, with many different themes. There's a helpful tutorial which you play at the beginning and helps you get the hang of it. The possibilities are endless; play with electricity, fire, acid, lava (!), weather, humans (!), animals, even mess around with nature's forces! There is the ability to make circuits using metal as wiring, you can compose music with note pixels, you can make pixel art, there is even the ability to make your own arcade games! Yes! I love this game, plus it's free to play!
  2. Worms Ultimate Mayhem (PC): Take control of a couple of worms and wreak havoc in the opposing team(s) in a turn-based deathmatch! What I love about this game is its customization options (making your own team of worms, your own team weapon, your own play style), as well as its multiplayer; I can play with my brother on the very same PC a nice match with lots of laughs and epic moments!
  3. Kodu Game Lab (PC, Xbox 360): While not exactly a game, Kodu is a program with which you can create your own games in an easy, fun and intuitive way. Not needing to get the hang of it, you can make a story, a multiplayer game or a world to free roam on in a little time. I have so much fun making controlable characters with superpowers!
  4. Lego Indiana Jones 2 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3): It's your typical co-op Lego game themed after a franchise. But, what makes this particular game special to me is its level creation feature. In addition, I like the Indiana Jones movies, so yeah.
  5. Little Big Planet (PSP, PS3, PSVita, PS4): If you're looking somewhere to unleash your imagination, look no further; LBP is the game for you. You can create just about anything, make it be a platformer level, an art gallery, a hangout, even an arcade game if you comprehend it profoundly. Through its community, I have made quite a few friends (I'm even a member of a clan).
As you might have noticed, I like creative games.

In no particular order:
-TF2: Loadout customization allows for a lot of different gameplays in each class, and that is multiplied by 9 since that's the number of classes. Decently balanced and rewards teamplay, hiding way more depth than it seems to have.

-Magicka (the very first one): It's one of those games where progression is based on the player's personal knowledge and skill. You get to mix up to 5 elements in a list of 8 (10 actually) and can cast each spell in 4 different ways. Plus the magicks, which are special spells. The environment is humorous as well.

-Overlord II: Here, you get to be the bad guy and the gameplay is really unique, as you get to control a horde of minions to create chaos and many other bad things. If you can stomach what you'll do (i.e. killing baby seals) this game is really funny.

-Garry's Mod: This is the game with as much content as you're willing to download. Pretty much a game of all games, worse than original ones, but considering you can play a horror map with star wars lightsabers, the limit is your imagination.

I was also about to suggest Minecraft, as it is a good game, despite being overrated, but the total lack of optimisation in this game prevents me from doing so. However, this game is greatly moddable, many youtubers prove it.

1 Terraria, pretty obvious reason, right? XP
2 Metroid Prime series, No other single player FPS will beat this,
The Metroid Prime series are just awesome by their envioment, music, story, fighting style and morph ball routes.
3 Super Metroid, It's a great game in the metroid series, and the final boss battle gives so much feelings.
4 Zelda: Ocarina of time, Also a great game, it has a logical and simple story, but it got mentioned so many times in the games after it.
5 Golden Sun GBA series, amazing RPG battles from that time, you'll be suprised by that, and also another great story.

... I fail to see a difference between a normal "top five" and this list. If there's five games I think everyone should play, it's my five favorites, not some bottom-feeder "game" nor the mediocre slush in the middle of the list. :dryadindifferent:

In no particular order, and without any detail, really:

1. Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires.
2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.
3. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
4. Terraria.
5. Magicite.

Well, in no order..

1. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) - Well, it's Monster Hunter. It's the best in the franchise yet. You hunt epic monsters, make devastating weapons, and see I am obviously reading the back of the box! But in all seriousness, I really love this game. Get it. Friend Code me. Play. Now! Anyway, this game is very close to my heart. It has loads of content, and free DLC each month. Free. Free. Free. FREE!
  2. Fire Emblem Franchise (Cross-Platform) - Well, I would prefer Fire Emblem Awakening. But, the whole franchise is good! With the permadeath feature (NOOO! Why Heath? Dumb ballistas) it becomes more emotional. It's awesome.
  3. Legend of Zelda franchise (Cross-Platform) - LoZ. Nuff' said.
  4. Animal Crossing franchise (Cross-Platform) - Animal Crossing in my soup! Insulting Villagers and calling them Poop! Gosh, Oh gee, would I have fun! Beating up Villagers one by one! And that's Animal Crossing. It's just really relaxing. Stress killer.
  5. Pokemon franchise (Cross-Platform) - I liek Pokemans and I em a tean yeair old saevien the woild!

Top 5 Games Hmmm;

I think Terraria would rank no.1, but since were already on the Terrarian Thread, i will not include it haha :D

1- Final Fantasy 7 - ranks in my no.5 best games i have ever played; beautiful story line, old graphics (mwah!), and music that completely wipes the current chart music off the face of the earth
2- Faster Than Light - very very addictive game that can get so frustrating
3- Darkest Dungeon - honestly one of the best and worst games i have ever played; when everything is well; your happy, when your characters are 100% stressed on death's door; a little less happy :p
4- Hyrule Warriors - beautiful combination of the Legend of Zelda and Dynasty Warriors!!
5- World of Warcraft - I was a resto druid so raiding wasn't so bad for me, but the overall feeling from WoW is very strange; especially PvP

<3 What do you guys think x
[DOUBLEPOST=1426452280][/DOUBLEPOST]
5: The Stanley Parable
Why: Interactive Narrative that might as well be a choose your own adventure story that is accompanied with very good narration.

4: Serious Sam Classics: Revolution
Why: The first two Encounters + Extra Content and Steam Workshop support? Worth the price. Also, very good FPS for Singleplayer and Multiplayer. Just... word of warning. It is not uncommon to hear Kleer hooves, Kamikaze screams, and Werebull rumbling noises after extended periods of play. Also, I hope you like getting completely mobbed.

3: Antichamber
Why: Mind bending puzzle game that gets you thinking in more ways than one between the puzzles and random messages you find throughout the game.

2: Rogue Legacy
Why: A game that I think that does RNG in a right and fun way. Every character you choose is (usually) different from one another and it feels gratifying to kill the bosses after you learn their patterns. Movement feels superb and responsive. Not the hardest Rogue-like but I think it's one of the funnest.

1: Team Fortress 2
Why: Ignoring the hat obsessed community, this is one of the best team and class based games out there and it's free. There is 9 classes to play, each with their own unique skill set and role. Every class has it's use and have a good variety of weapons to find and use. Word of Warning: Due to the cosmetic items in the game you might need a FPS config to help run the game better on lower end systems. Also, don't listen to anyone who disses you for the hats you wear. Wear that Gibus, Mercenary Badge, and Pyrovision Goggles with pride (Plus these items make most higher skill players underestimate you).

Antichamber blew my mind lol!! I don't think ive ever played a game more confusing haha. :)

Well, in my life i played a ton of games (like a lot of people out there), but surely there are some that just made me say "WHOA! this is a masterpiece!" for a reason or another.
here they are (note: i'm not adding Terraria to this list because that would be too obvious, and a bit redundant)

1 - Dungeon Keeper 2, mostly an RTS. This game was a gem at the time. You had to "craft" your base, creating different rooms and stuff to lure to your dungeon all sort of foul creatures, guard it with traps and doors and hidden walls, you had a "creature management" (had to make sure your minions were all well fed, well paid and that everyone of them had a house :D), you had to make sure to train them (so the game had an rpg-like feature) so they could learn all sort of skills and spells, you, as a "master" had your own spells to maim enemy's minions, and most important thing, you were the bad guy. i think i played something like 2000+ hours back in the days, not exagerating.

2 - Metal Gear Solid 3, Action-Stealth. MGS3 i my opinion is simply the best chapter of MGS saga. Great story, great gameplay, great everything. Game was never boring (at least for me), alternating "jungle" sequences to "civilized" ones, and you had so many ways to deal with enemy solders and routes to follow in order to advance. At that time, i had to lend it to my friends to stop playing it. Seriously

3 - Borderlands and Borderlands 2 (i'm going to count them as a single game experience), FPS with Rpg elements. Frenetic action, Humor and big explosions. and tons of loot. loved both of them. Nice selection of characters, with different ways to play each one of them. Also, both games have kickass Soundtracks. And Claptrap

4 - Final Fantasy VII, JRPG. The most famous (or INfamous for some people) of the series. It was my first FF, so it has some kind of sentimental value. Also it was the game that mostly taught me English, (not my native language) together with other videogames like Grandia (and in general most rpg of that time)

5 - Silent Hill, Horror. What really i liked about SH, is the "different" (from games like Resident evil, for example) kind of fear, or, even more appropriate, anguish, it gives to the player. The eerie locations, the hordes of creepy creatures, the mist. All of these elements mixed together really left a mark. Good at being disturbing, disturbingly good.

On some stuff it's hard to decide, so I just put multiple in them :p

1. This is hard to say, but I'd say a mix between World of Warcraft and RuneScape (which both I don't play anymore but I LOVED playing them :p)
2. Terraria (...)
3. PayDay 2
4. Stanley Parable and Antichamber (MINDBENDING STUFF x_x)
5. A game called 140 and Realm of the Mad God

1)The World Ends With You (NDS)- I can't recommend this game enough. I love the themes and style of the game; the combat is also crazy if you choose to control the second person.

2)Klonoa series (Spans through PS1,PS2,GBA,Wii)- The soundtrack in these games are awesome as heck and have awesome characters/level designs. It's a puzzle/platformer game that follows the theme of dreaming.

3) (I was going to put Terraria here but I think it's an obvious thing so instead) Elder Scrolls: Skyrim- Basically it's a game where you: shout at dragons, put like 1,000 bees in someone's pocket without them noticing, ride said dragons (after a certain point), launching people high up into the air in various ways, and you can play as a cat race (who wouldn't want to be a cat?).

4)Crea- it's like Terraria in a way with interesting mechanics such as researching materials for crafting recipes.

5)Child of Light- (dropping my annoyances with Ubisoft and the rhyming dialouge for this one) I loved this game for the story and art in it. The ambience is really awesome and the music sets the tone/mood for the game perfectly.

1: Dark Souls
It sounds like typical fanboyism, but it is a genuine good game. You'll get your teeth kicked in the first time, sure, but perseverance is rewarded with a quality story, a great soundtrack, and memorable levels. It gets bonus points for me because I loved the combat in it.​
2: Metal Gear Rising
Killing every enemy is the satisfaction of killing a boss. The gameplay is some of the most fun I've had in a long time, and has one of my favorite soundtracks.​
3: Killing Floor
Good ol' fashioned brutal monster murder on a DOOM scale. The game is a bunch of fun with friends, and by yourself. There's mods and events to keep the gameplay fresh, and over 200 achievements to keep you playing. Maps are added with every event as well.​
4: Alice: Madness Returns
The story is a retelling of the Alice in Wonderland stories, and a good one at that. The worlds are a beautiful acid trip, and the combat is fun, despite how few weapons are available compared to the original American McGee's Alice.​
5: Serious Sam 3
The hardest game I have ever played, but it keeps the style of 90's arcade shooters, and adds a bit of the new to it as well. The game is like the Duke Nukem: Forever we deserved, but never got. There aren't constant jokes, but they are prevalent.​

Back
Top Bottom