Maps What does it really take to make an ocean biome?

Talamar1

Terrarian
I was looking at some older maps and a question came to mind because I noticed on one that the angler wouldn't spawn. What does it take to actually make the ocean biome. I know it is by default the outside edge of the world, the wiki states that. But on this map (Isle of Voices) they put a large fishing tank on the end of the world, no sand. I can catch ocean fish, but the angler never spawns, even if I extend the fish tank to the edge of the world. Is there a sand requirement?

I was looking at some older maps and a question came to mind because I noticed on one that the angler wouldn't spawn. What does it take to actually make the ocean biome. I know it is by default the outside edge of the world, the wiki states that. But on this map (Isle of Voices) they put a large fishing tank on the end of the world, no sand. I can catch ocean fish, but the angler never spawns, even if I extend the fish tank to the edge of the world. Is there a sand requirement?
I believe the Angler spawns when the world comes into existence, but there's no fixed spawn rate/any way you can make him spawn. You can try if you want, but just know that he may not spawn :(

He doesn't, if you build a new world and open it in tedit, the only NPC on the map is the guide.

Hmm. Well, I play Mobile, so TEdit is not available to me :(
I guess, have fun trying to find your Angler?

Back
Top Bottom