3DS What ever happened to the 3DS terraria?

Is the 3DS version of terraria fun?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never played it

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
As a member of 3DS Terraria gang, I have personally sunk at least 50 hours into it. I know that it is no longer supported by devs but why? I know there are limitations in technology and maybe storage. On the other hand (grenade) why isn’t the holy hand grenade in any other platform? I need answers, also who else played the 3DS version?

I can only really answer the final question: I have the 3DS version, still haven't been able to beat WoF though. Having a tiny world really makes classic WoF feel like expert WoF to me...

I did! Heck, I'm playing it right now because the Thanksgiving event just started and this is my first time fighting Turkor (and it's a pretty fun boss tbh).

The game can barely run on the 3DS as is, especially the original model, opening the map too quickly just straight up crashes the game every time lmao, I'm pretty sure if the game was updated any further, the 3DS would just explode lol. That being said, I kind of like it that way, it's an official way to revisit 1.2, plus you get access to all the old console and mobile exclusive stuff.

One thing about this version that does bother me is the amount of bugs that were never adressed, some more annoying than others.

Last edited:
The 3DS has low specs compared to consoles. Really, really low specs. It has about the fourth of the RAM of the Xbox 360, for example.. and the Xbox 360 has anywhere from an eighth to a sixteenth of the RAM of the average modern smartphone, so it can't exactly have crazy stuff going on in its world generation.

The New 3DS had more RAM available to it, but it would still be half that of the listed Xbox 360 specs, so yeah.

It's just a port held back by its platform, but the fact that the port exists at all makes it a very charming version of the game.

It's kind of like how there's a DS port of Cave's arcade shooter Ketsui that primarily only has bosses in it, but still includes a stage for fun.

Back
Top Bottom