What Gender's the Bosses?

Most are either unknown, genderless (like robots); or very clearly male or female:

King Slime (Male) — It's called "King" Slime, so male.

Eye of Cthulhu (Unknown) — It's an eye, which is an organ; organs don't have a gender. I don't even know if Lovecraft gave Cthulu a gender, come to think of it. That said, I imagine Cthulu was probably intended to be male.

Eater of Worlds (Unknown) — It's just a monstrous worm, no real description beyond that.

Brain of Cthulhu (Unknown) — Everything I said about the Eye of Cthulhu applies here.

Queen Bee (Female) — It's called "Queen" Bee, so female. It even has larva.

Skeletron (Male/Unknown) — It's cursing and transforming the Old *Man* specifically. That said, it also appears to be a separate entity, so this is one of the few I'm divided on.

Deerclops (Unknown) — Different characters call it either male or female in Don't Starve, so I assume it's a species with both male and female specimens, rather than just an individual.

Wall of Flesh (Male) — It's apparently the Guide himself, who is a male.

Queen Slime (Female) — It's called "Queen" Slime, so female.

The Twins (Unknown) — They're robots.

The Destroyer (Unknown) — It's a robot.

Skeletron Prime (Unknown) — It's a robot.

Plantera (Female) — I think Cenx said it was a female at some point.

Empress of Light (Female) — "Empress" is a female title, and it looks very feminine too, pretty obvious.

Golem (Unknown) — It's an entity animated from stone and brick, so wouldn't have a gender. That said, it has a pretty masculine look about it.

Duke Fishron (Male) — "Duke" is a male title, and it looks masculine enough anyway.

Lunatic Cultist (Unknown/Male) — Technically unknown, but its voice sounds male.

Moon Lord (Male) — "Lord" is a male title, and it clearly has a male torso.

I
Most are either unknown, genderless (like robots); or very clearly male or female:

King Slime (Male) — It's called "King" Slime, so male.

Eye of Cthulhu (Unknown) — It's an eye, which is an organ; organs don't have a gender. I don't even know if Lovecraft gave Cthulu a gender, come to think of it. That said, I imagine Cthulu was probably intended to be male.

Eater of Worlds (Unknown) — It's just a monstrous worm, no real description beyond that.

Brain of Cthulhu (Unknown) — Everything I said about the Eye of Cthulhu applies here.

Queen Bee (Female) — It's called "Queen" Bee, so female. It even has larva.

Skeletron (Male/Unknown) — It's cursing and transforming the Old *Man* specifically. That said, it also appears to be a separate entity, so this is one of the few I'm divided on.

Deerclops (Unknown) — Different characters call it either male or female in Don't Starve, so I assume it's a species with both male and female specimens, rather than just an individual.

Wall of Flesh (Male) — It's apparently the Guide himself, who is a male.

Queen Slime (Female) — It's called "Queen" Slime, so female.

The Twins (Unknown) — They're robots.

The Destroyer (Unknown) — It's a robot.

Skeletron Prime (Unknown) — It's a robot.

Plantera (Female) — I think Cenx said it was a female at some point.

Empress of Light (Female) — "Empress" is a female title, and it looks very feminine too, pretty obvious.

Golem (Unknown) — It's an entity animated from stone and brick, so wouldn't have a gender. That said, it has a pretty masculine look about it.

Duke Fishron (Male) — "Duke" is a male title, and it looks masculine enough anyway.

Lunatic Cultist (Unknown/Male) — Technically unknown, but its voice sounds male.

Moon Lord (Male) — "Lord" is a male title, and it clearly has a male torso.
like this list (I personally believe EOW to be bigender since iirc worms have both types of chromosomes but it’s still great). I know that Lord is a make title but what is the female version? I forgot lol

Honey Bees know how to use language/ communication.
I would argue that alot of creatures on this planet use language, it's just that we can't understand it. I mean, when was the last time you heard an animal shout "OI :red: OFF" when another animal invaded it's territory?

As for boss genders, I'd say

King slime: living piles of goo don't technically have a gender, but I'll not nitpick and just say that he's a guy

Eye of cthulhu: it's an eye. A big eye. That came from someone that is more likely then not male. So I'll say that the eye is a guy

Eater of worlds: I'd make a low-brow joke, but I can't be bothered to think of one. I'm not too sure about this one, so I'll go with unknown

Brain of Cthulhu: same as the eye, probably a guy

Deerclops: I know almost nothing about this thing in don't starve, but I would say this one could be both a guy or a girl between each one you fight

Skeletron: the bone boi. If I was to assume that skeletron and the clothier/old man were one and the same, it would obviously be a guy, but I'm not, so it's unknown for now.

Queen bee: girl. No doubt there.

Wall of flesh: same as skeletron, would be a guy, but I don't assume that wof-fles and the guide are same, so unknown.

Queen slime: well, technically girl.

The mechs: no, no, no, and no

Plantera: i could swear at one point It was on the wiki that plantera was a guy, but now I can't be sure. Hate it when that happens. Oh yeah, girl

Golem: same as mechs, no

Duke fishron: I'd say that angy fishy is a guy

Empress of light: girl. Gee, what a surprise

Lunatic cultist: If I were to assume that the lunatic cultist is human (which I do), then same as deerclops, could go either way.

Moon lord: while I don't assume that Stevie Wonder here and our favorite eldritch abomination have familiar connection, I would say that squid games is a guy

Dark mage: like don't starve, I know nothing about dungeon Defenders 2, but if, like the lunatic cultist, is human, then like the lunatic cultist and deerclops, could be either

Flying Dutchman: again, no

Ogre: i would say guy

Mounting wood: guy. Beyond a doubt. Why? Name

Pumpking: everyone knows that pumpkin is simply the best gender. Lol jk, guy

Everscream: TECHNICALLY I can't think of a "haha funi" so I'll just say guy.

Ice queen: what's with all the queen enemies? Girl

Martian saucer: NO.

Betsy: girl

So in total, that's:
Guys: 9
Girls: 6
Either/or: 3
Undetermined: 3
No: 7

I would argue that alot of creatures on this planet use language, it's just that we can't understand it. I mean, when was the last time you heard an animal shout "OI :red: OFF" when another animal invaded it's territory?

As for boss genders, I'd say

King slime: living piles of goo don't technically have a gender, but I'll not nitpick and just say that he's a guy

Eye of cthulhu: it's an eye. A big eye. That came from someone that is more likely then not male. So I'll say that the eye is a guy

Eater of worlds: I'd make a low-brow joke, but I can't be bothered to think of one. I'm not too sure about this one, so I'll go with unknown

Brain of Cthulhu: same as the eye, probably a guy

Deerclops: I know almost nothing about this thing in don't starve, but I would say this one could be both a guy or a girl between each one you fight

Skeletron: the bone boi. If I was to assume that skeletron and the clothier/old man were one and the same, it would obviously be a guy, but I'm not, so it's unknown for now.

Queen bee: girl. No doubt there.

Wall of flesh: same as skeletron, would be a guy, but I don't assume that wof-fles and the guide are same, so unknown.

Queen slime: well, technically girl.

The mechs: no, no, no, and no

Plantera: i could swear at one point It was on the wiki that plantera was a guy, but now I can't be sure. Hate it when that happens. Oh yeah, girl

Golem: same as mechs, no

Duke fishron: I'd say that angy fishy is a guy

Empress of light: girl. Gee, what a surprise

Lunatic cultist: If I were to assume that the lunatic cultist is human (which I do), then same as deerclops, could go either way.

Moon lord: while I don't assume that Stevie Wonder here and our favorite eldritch abomination have familiar connection, I would say that squid games is a guy

Dark mage: like don't starve, I know nothing about dungeon Defenders 2, but if, like the lunatic cultist, is human, then like the lunatic cultist and deerclops, could be either

Flying Dutchman: again, no

Ogre: i would say guy

Mounting wood: guy. Beyond a doubt. Why? Name

Pumpking: everyone knows that pumpkin is simply the best gender. Lol jk, guy

Everscream: TECHNICALLY I can't think of a "haha funi" so I'll just say guy.

Ice queen: what's with all the queen enemies? Girl

Martian saucer: NO.

Betsy: girl

So in total, that's:
Guys: 9
Girls: 6
Either/or: 3
Undetermined: 3
No: 7
Also a good list, I personally believe EOW to be bigender/genderfluid since worms can be either as needed.

Back
Top Bottom