What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard someone say?

believe it or not, y'all, this is coming from me :redspin:

it's quite a stretch but
one time on roblox in like 2020 or smth i revealed my address to one of my old roblox friends... without private chatting... IN A PUBLIC SERVER. (obviously i'm not revealing it here, smh you really think i'd do that?)
how was i so friggin' braindead at that time :confused:

(PS. if there's a "what's the dumbest thing you've ever done/said" thread somewhere that i didn't notice, moderators are free to move it there)
Did you then get spammed with packages? Did other persons buy washing machines in your name? The maximum I say is the city.

Did you then get spammed with packages? Did other persons buy washing machines in your name? The maximum I say is the city.
nope, nothing actually happened
my best assumption was that people were too occupied with grinding in the game and/or weren't looking in chat

edit: what's with the celebrate reaction lmao

Last edited:
i'd have to write a book...

but generally, anything that comes out of an optimist's mouth.

especially when they're talking to someone who suffers from depression, self-loathing, body/gender dysphoria, and a mountain of other issues. %-_-

especially when they're talking to someone who suffers from depression, self-loathing, body/gender dysphoria, and a mountain of other issues. %-_-
This is not optimism. This is called "denying illnesses". This would be like a boss saying "GET THE 🎺 TO OFFICE I DONT GIVE A 🎺 ABOUT THAT YOU HAVE A FLU!!!"

I dont see the point of “anything that comes out of an optimist’s mouth.” Like, truly, anything? Really? Ime, people who live as optimists rather than pessimists are happier people.

I dont see the point of “anything that comes out of an optimist’s mouth.” Like, truly, anything? Really? Ime, people who live as optimists rather than pessimists are happier people.

living in denial of reality isn't "being happy".

there is this thing called "toxic positivity", and it does NO ONE any good.

personally, i'd rather live a terrible truth than a sweet lie.

Now you've made me realise I want to put every possible version of "Choose to be happy." here.
And that’s once again not how optimism works but sure, whatever floats.

“Choose to be happy” is pretty dumb.
Pessimists are more often happy than optimists is also a pretty dumb thing I’ve heard.

Forced happiness is the simplest way to describe toxic positivity. Coming from someone who was a pessimist at some stage of their life I can say that’s typically what pessimists assume optimists to believe but that really couldn’t be further from the truth. You can either choose to be miserable, or find a reason to live; that was my experience with the two.

"choose to be happy" IS forcing happiness.

see, this is EXACTLY what i was talking about. :dryadrolleyes:

if everything was SO simple, then NO ONE would be miserable.

i've been trying to find a "reason to live" for over 30 years.

all i keep finding are reasons to give up.

"choose to be happy" IS forcing happiness.

see, this is EXACTLY what i was talking about. :dryadrolleyes:
I literally, literally said it’s dumb. That's not optimism. So yeah, it is exactly what you’re talking about and so am I. :dryadrolleyes:
Sorry, but this put the nail in the coffin and I’m moving on from this discussion.

I would list some of the things that I hear in conversations around me or ones that I took part in, but I'd be here for a while.
So instead I'll just say check my profile and you'll find some really dumb things I've said or heard. Of varying types of stupidity, too.

Back
Top Bottom