Hot Topic What is your favorite class?

What is your favorite class in Terraria?

• Total voters
looking at this poll makes me sad. I am in the minority now. the mage class is the class that allowed me and my brother(he was melee) to finally beat duke fishron back in like 2018 on the xbox 360...
man, I'm so young but feel so old...

anyways, Mage needs more buffs. That's gonna be my first goal for when me and a friend finally learn how to mod: buff Mage class.

looking at this poll makes me sad. I am in the minority now. the mage class is the class that allowed me and my brother(he was melee) to finally beat duke fishron back in like 2018 on the xbox 360...
man, I'm so young but feel so old...

anyways, Mage needs more buffs. That's gonna be my first goal for when me and a friend finally learn how to mod: buff Mage class.
I agree, mage is by far the least powerful class. It should get a buff

I agree, mage is by far the least powerful class. It should get a buff
no it isnt it has some of the most powerful weapons in the game last prism razorblade typhoon stellar toon betsys wrath and more if any class needs a buff its summoner the best summon and wip for it are both obtained from the empress of light the terraprisma being obtained from the daytime version

no it isnt it has some of the most powerful weapons in the game last prism razorblade typhoon stellar toon betsys wrath and more if any class needs a buff its summoner the best summon and wip for it are both obtained from the empress of light the terraprisma being obtained from the daytime version
Most of my mage experience is in pre Hardmode and early Hardmode, and it's pretty underpowerd there. And all of the weapons you listed are pretty late in the game, so mage is still underpowerd most of the game imo. I've actually always found summer to be pretty powerful, especially in endgame.

Last edited:
Any class can be strong, that's the beauty of Terraria, but with great power comes great responsibility. Melee-focused gear puts you at full attention; range penalizes you for being up close; magic carries the stereotypical "glass cannon" feeling, and summoner's low defence is offset by the fact you have minions and a whip.

I like mage the most, because of the unique weapons that are all completely different. I also like the infinite ammo of the mage class even though you can still be ranged.
I Agree with you fully.
Well acept acepting being ranged.
For me being mage is almost like an adiction at this point.
Being ranged feels just borring(you always just using guns or their variation) and like i am vasting resurses constantly(on ammo).
I can still play ranged from time to time.
Some guns and bows are a lot of fun.
(R.I.P. SHARANGA)
But variety of mage is unrivaled for me.
If you can think of something , mage would be able to kill you with it.
Mods are usually a bit lacking in this regard thou , weirdly enough.
Its just mostly staves and guns there.

Most of my mage experience is in pre Hardmode and early Hardmode, and it's pretty underpowerd there. And all of the weapons you listed are pretty late in the game, so mage is still underpowerd most of the game imo. I've actually always found summer to be pretty powerful, especially in endgame.
flamelash space gun waterbolt golden shower

flamelash space gun waterbolt golden shower
Flame flower aqua scepter
But really , for me mage is not solypower. Its a wast array of options . And also utility.
Other classes normaly keep one or two weapons on them. The most powerfull once.
As a mage , i constantly carry a tonn of stuff with me. Spike weapon to cheese throu walls and deall with groups,
rainbow stave if i have it , as a travell weapon+light source ,
ice stave to enable raindow stave and spike weapon +building +flying +cheese ,
best plain damage against single target and group of enemies ,
And some other cool stuff if i find.
Maybe close-range weapon such as shadowflame doll or buble gun.
And of course a wide array og support weapons such as rainbow gun , or nimbus rod or clinger stave.
ALso i may bring a loose cannon such as spirit flame.

Flame flower aqua scepter
But really , for me mage is not solypower. Its a wast array of options . And also utility.
Other classes normaly keep one or two weapons on them. The most powerfull once.
As a mage , i constantly carry a tonn of stuff with me. Spike weapon to cheese throu walls and deall with groups,
rainbow stave if i have it , as a travell weapon+light source ,
ice stave to enable raindow stave and spike weapon +building +flying +cheese ,
best plain damage against single target and group of enemies ,
And some other cool stuff if i find.
Maybe close-range weapon such as shadowflame doll or buble gun.
And of course a wide array og support weapons such as rainbow gun , or nimbus rod or clinger stave.
ALso i may bring a loose cannon such as spirit flame.
there many things that you can do and its not for eveyone but i dont know why you should hate on mage or other classes and i agree when i p,ay mage i always have many things but there isnt any real struggle againts many things or big gaps in progressionright as you get into hardmode theres multiple ivalible weapons such as sky fractue meteorite staff golden shower crystal storm and more again its not for everyone but dont hate. (update so sry i didnt see your new post cooljhon)

there many things that you can do and its not for eveyone but i dont know why you should hate on mage or other classes and i agree when i p,ay mage i always have many things but there isnt any real struggle againts many things or big gaps in progressionright as you get into hardmode theres multiple ivalible weapons such as sky fractue meteorite staff golden shower crystal storm and more again its not for everyone but dont hate. (update so sry i didnt see your new post cooljhon)
Oh yea , meteorite staff how could i forget the best among cheeses!
Start of hardmode is the time mage specificaly shines for me.
Sky fracture might just be my fovourite weapon in the game.
I dont know why people play mage so litle or say it is an underpowered class.
I might say that ranger is overpowered at times-maybe(especially in hardmode pvp) ) , but he is just borring for me. Just sjootes things in many ways.
Mage is one of two classes with any support options , the other being melee with its tank agro skills.
O
Its kinda cool how melee and mage fit together like a puzle pieses.
Melee has agro inducing acesories , mage-agro reducing.(i know they are somewhat multyclass , but mage can easier fit a vile powder in its builds , and only one carying about tankiness that much is melee.)
+melee can tank , and mage heal , and after moonlord -buff.
Never thought abut this.

This is my first thread post in this forum, and I figured the best way to coexist with people in this forum is to learn more about them, so I guess I'll start with a very simple question:

What is your favorite Terraria class, and why?
My favorite is the Summoner. Despite not having the skill to pull off a Summoner run, I think the class is still very interesting in terms of gameplay and the general idea!

This is my first thread post in this forum, and I figured the best way to coexist with people in this forum is to learn more about them, so I guess I'll start with a very simple question:

What is your favorite Terraria class, and why?
My favorite is the Summoner. Despite not having the skill to pull off a Summoner run, I think the class is still very interesting in terms of gameplay and the general idea!

Hello BM9K1,

As a forum policy, we generally don't allow for duplicate threads. Duplicate threads are those which have the same or a similar topic to an already existing thread.

Your thread has been merged into a thread with the same topic of discussing favorite class. Going forward, the search feature can be used if a thread already exists with a topic you want to discuss, and if there's a thread for that topic, it's fine to post in the thread. Posting on older threads is perfectly acceptable on these forums.

Back
Top Bottom