what is your favourite game besides terraria

do you like games

• yes

Votes: 64 91.4%
  • no

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters
FFXIV. Final Fantasy 14 is a game designed by developers to consistently deliver a first-class experience. From the tough battles, the incredible story, the complex (but understandable) and light crafting, to the unique vision of PVP, FFXIV has something for everyone. Not only that, but the elements have been carefully designed to encourage you to try each one at your own pace. It's hard to summarize why I think this game is worth your time, but overall, FFXIV depends a lot on what you want to do. On top of that, it has a fantastic community that is really helpful (and SSEGold also tends to help) new players. Most of the players you'll meet are friendly and generally unhappy with toxic behavior.

Last edited:
Forgot to add the Hitman games onto my favorite games besides Terraria! ;) Hitman Codename 47, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman Contracts, Hitman: Blood Money, and Hitman (2016). “Enter the world of assassination.”

Last edited:
Guess I'm gonna spend the better part of ten years typing something out again...
(None of these games are my favourite, but just games I've really enjoyed over the time I've been around to play them.)

Starting off with horror games

Amnesia: The Dark Descent: This game might be the scariest game I've ever played. You always have a feeling defencelessness no matter what point of the game your in or how safe you are, There's a point in the game (spoilers btw) where you're surrounded by fog in a large dimly lit room where you have to do a number of different to be able to progress, you're quickly made aware of the presence of a creature which you can't outrun and only know where it is due to its very occasional sound cues. While certainly not 100% original it had never been pulled off as well as it was in Amnesia, and Amnesia had MANY new things it did bring to the table when it first came out. (anyone who has trouble finding good horror should play this)

SOMA: Another one of frictional games amazing works of art this game, it tries less on scaring the player with constant dread and fear though but rather this game scares you far more psychologically than anything else in the genre is often willing to do, while it has that much of that same horror that Amnesia has the parts that stick with you are the questions it asks and the terrifying answers it gives. While this is more of a one off experience it won't feel like that as you may be thinking about it for possibly multiple months like I did. (Despite not being my favourite it's probably my most valuable.)

FNaF 1-7 (I've not played help wanted, VR is hella expensive): Quick summaries bellow.

FNaF 1: FNaF 1 is surprisingly good despite the controversy, as I don't find the jump scares to take away from the experience since the atmosphere is so good you'll at least have something that'll stick with you, speaking of the atmosphere the sounds and lighting are perfect for immersion. The balancing is also really good, giving you just enough time to learn what each thing does while keeping you uncertain of some things to keep you scared, I died six times the first time through, once on night six, the other five on night seven.

FNaF 2: While I do like this game because of its unique twist on what was already there it has some glaring flaws which make it a big downgrade in terms of quality, after night five the game starts to drag on because nothing that great is introduced after night three and everything becomes predictable, night seven tries to change that with the different modes but that falls flat on its face due to dragging the game out for even longer, don't even get me started on the awful balancing of 10/10 and 10/20 mode.

FNaF 3: I love the idea of having only one very aggressive animatronic to take care of but I feel like it could have been pulled off better, given that what you're doing is just waiting most of the time (one of your defences is literally waiting a long time for something to repair itself.). It feels like complete RNG after night four and you never have time to react with most of the phantoms, you can develop strategies but even they don't work most of the time. It does bring a lot to the lore though.

FNaF 4: I adore this game, it has the best atmosphere of any in the series, on top of having the bare minimum information given to you to survive while at the same time having fantastic balancing throughout (yes, I hold onto that statement even with Nightmare and Nightmare Fredbear), it does require a decent set of headphones and a replacement for your ear drums though. (Just play it yourself, even if you're not into FNaF.)

FNaF 5 (Sister Location): While extremely short this has to be the most unique out of any of the games in the series, having you do something completely different each night, I'm not sure if this was intended but because you have someone telling you how to do many of the things it rarely ever feels like you have a choice and just that you're being taken along for the ride. It also has a custom night which is fun but not as note worthy as everything else in the game.

FNaF 6 (FFPS): FFPS is split into 2 different parts which I call tycoon mode and night mode (and a optional bonus mode exists but I'll get to that.). Night mode has you fending off animatronics in a small room doing similar things you do in FNaF 3, but is just a done lot better and made a lot scarier. Tycoon mode is a break between Night mode and has you collecting as much money as possible for your restaurant, there are various ways you can do this but I'm not gonna talk about that, the most notable thing about tycoon mode is how it effects night mode, you can buy items with risk on them which can contain animatronics inside them and get sponsors for money which makes you put up with adds during night mode. You can also willingly put more animatronics in the vent system to with the optional bonus mode to make night mode harder for a chance to make more money.

FNaF 7 (UCN): UCN focuses less on being scary and more on being a fun and challenging experience, it succeeded too being the funnest in the series in my opinion, it does have some RNG (considering you have 50 animatronics it's bound to have some elements of that.) but it doesn't have too much compared to FNaF 2 and 3. Theres too much to discuss here so I'm just gonna move on.

Little Nightmares 1&2: Though incredibly small these two games are both excellent with what is there, they're amazing in their environments (except maybe LN 2 Chapter 3) and grotesque in their creatures. I'd really recommend this game to anyone, even non horror fans.

For platformers I've got 3 that stick out in mind as awesome at what they do.

Celeste: I love this game to bits, not only is it an amazing platformer with outstanding yet simple movement but it also has a story which tackles anxiety and depression which has no doubt helped many people. For some people who thought it was much too easy it also gives B and C sides of each level as well as a painful yet wonderful final bonus level. It also has some really stunning graphics in some places despite being pixelated and simplistic too.

Super Meat Boy: Come on, does anything even need to be said.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps: Amazing music, fierce combat and GOD LIKE movement (seriously has the best movement of any game I've ever played), when I first played it I found it hard to believe I was playing a sequel to one of my least favourite games Ori and the Blind Forest. The visuals are gorgeous throughout and give it the best depiction of corruption/decay I've ever seen, as well as giving every area a new and unique feel. Unfortunately quality of the gameplay drops off in the final area due to it just having you go from one area to the other in an area which looks like it never changes.

Here are a number of games which fit into multiple

Minecraft: I see Minecraft as more of an ultimate sandbox rather than a survival game, yes you need food and protection but it's how you make those that define what the game will be like for you, the redstone system (which is probably my favourite system of any game) proves this with the automatic farms it help you make and all the decoration it makes possible. Minecraft is marvellous and without a doubt deserves the massive player base it has.

Subnautica: Subnautica is a game mostly about exploration of environments on an alien world, and unlike most games like it the game is carefully handcrafted allowing for what feels like extremely natural terrain and all sorts of unique Fauna, Flora and areas all across the map. This game also has quite the base building allowing you to build wherever as long as it's not inside terrain and you have available power (there are mods which improve building drastically). There's a fairly low framerate (This is probably the least optimized game I've played (that's actually good.).) as well as a bunch of bugs that regularly appear which can take away from what would otherwise be an extremely immersive experience.

Plants vs Zombies: If I have any game I always return to it's this one, after completing everything over and over for ages and you never seem to be able to lose on endless levels it might get a bit boring but you're always able to change the way of how you play or even challenge yourself to not use plants you otherwise wouldn't think twice before using. This Insaniquarium: Deluxe, Minecraft and Flash games were the only games I ever played as a kid too (on PC anyway). (I've never had a moment in this game when I wasn't trying to come up with new strategies.)

Insaniquarium: Deluxe: This game is mostly just one huge dopamine rush, it always feels like you're progressing (except for when your fish die obviously) and it's just so fun, I don't really have anything to say other than don't break your fingers or your mouse.

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator: Basically a game where you're able to make the most realistic battles you could depict in any video game, minus the seriousness, It's pretty fun(ny) and gives some good laughs if you're able to sit down with a friend and just play it (which Covid exists so sorry). it's still being developed and as of writing this and will be receiving updates.

I'm cutting this short for now (understandably) but I will return to because I have other games I'd like to add like Hollow Knight and Prey.

Guess I'm gonna spend the better part of ten years typing something out again...
(None of these games are my favourite, but just games I've really enjoyed over the time I've been around to play them.)

Starting off with horror games

Amnesia: The Dark Descent: This game might be the scariest game I've ever played. You always have a feeling defencelessness no matter what point of the game your in or how safe you are, There's a point in the game (spoilers btw) where you're surrounded by fog in a large dimly lit room where you have to do a number of different to be able to progress, you're quickly made aware of the presence of a creature which you can't outrun and only know where it is due to its very occasional sound cues. While certainly not 100% original it had never been pulled off as well as it was in Amnesia, and Amnesia had MANY new things it did bring to the table when it first came out. (anyone who has trouble finding good horror should play this)

SOMA: Another one of frictional games amazing works of art this game, it tries less on scaring the player with constant dread and fear though but rather this game scares you far more psychologically than anything else in the genre is often willing to do, while it has that much of that same horror that Amnesia has the parts that stick with you are the questions it asks and the terrifying answers it gives. While this is more of a one off experience it won't feel like that as you may be thinking about it for possibly multiple months like I did. (Despite not being my favourite it's probably my most valuable.)

FNaF 1-7 (I've not played help wanted, VR is hella expensive): Quick summaries bellow.

FNaF 1: FNaF 1 is surprisingly good despite the controversy, as I don't find the jump scares to take away from the experience since the atmosphere is so good you'll at least have something that'll stick with you, speaking of the atmosphere the sounds and lighting are perfect for immersion. The balancing is also really good, giving you just enough time to learn what each thing does while keeping you uncertain of some things to keep you scared, I died six times the first time through, once on night six, the other five on night seven.

FNaF 2: While I do like this game because of its unique twist on what was already there it has some glaring flaws which make it a big downgrade in terms of quality, after night five the game starts to drag on because nothing that great is introduced after night three and everything becomes predictable, night seven tries to change that with the different modes but that falls flat on its face due to dragging the game out for even longer, don't even get me started on the awful balancing of 10/10 and 10/20 mode.

FNaF 3: I love the idea of having only one very aggressive animatronic to take care of but I feel like it could have been pulled off better, given that what you're doing is just waiting most of the time (one of your defences is literally waiting a long time for something to repair itself.). It feels like complete RNG after night four and you never have time to react with most of the phantoms, you can develop strategies but even they don't work most of the time. It does bring a lot to the lore though.

FNaF 4: I adore this game, it has the best atmosphere of any in the series, on top of having the bare minimum information given to you to survive while at the same time having fantastic balancing throughout (yes, I hold onto that statement even with Nightmare and Nightmare Fredbear), it does require a decent set of headphones and a replacement for your ear drums though. (Just play it yourself, even if you're not into FNaF.)

FNaF 5 (Sister Location): While extremely short this has to be the most unique out of any of the games in the series, having you do something completely different each night, I'm not sure if this was intended but because you have someone telling you how to do many of the things it rarely ever feels like you have a choice and just that you're being taken along for the ride. It also has a custom night which is fun but not as note worthy as everything else in the game.

FNaF 6 (FFPS): FFPS is split into 2 different parts which I call tycoon mode and night mode (and a optional bonus mode exists but I'll get to that.). Night mode has you fending off animatronics in a small room doing similar things you do in FNaF 3, but is just a done lot better and made a lot scarier. Tycoon mode is a break between Night mode and has you collecting as much money as possible for your restaurant, there are various ways you can do this but I'm not gonna talk about that, the most notable thing about tycoon mode is how it effects night mode, you can buy items with risk on them which can contain animatronics inside them and get sponsors for money which makes you put up with adds during night mode. You can also willingly put more animatronics in the vent system to with the optional bonus mode to make night mode harder for a chance to make more money.

FNaF 7 (UCN): UCN focuses less on being scary and more on being a fun and challenging experience, it succeeded too being the funnest in the series in my opinion, it does have some RNG (considering you have 50 animatronics it's bound to have some elements of that.) but it doesn't have too much compared to FNaF 2 and 3. Theres too much to discuss here so I'm just gonna move on.

Little Nightmares 1&2: Though incredibly small these two games are both excellent with what is there, they're amazing in their environments (except maybe LN 2 Chapter 3) and grotesque in their creatures. I'd really recommend this game to anyone, even non horror fans.

For platformers I've got 3 that stick out in mind as awesome at what they do.

Celeste: I love this game to bits, not only is it an amazing platformer with outstanding yet simple movement but it also has a story which tackles anxiety and depression which has no doubt helped many people. For some people who thought it was much too easy it also gives B and C sides of each level as well as a painful yet wonderful final bonus level. It also has some really stunning graphics in some places despite being pixelated and simplistic too.

Super Meat Boy: Come on, does anything even need to be said.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps: Amazing music, fierce combat and GOD LIKE movement (seriously has the best movement of any game I've ever played), when I first played it I found it hard to believe I was playing a sequel to one of my least favourite games Ori and the Blind Forest. The visuals are gorgeous throughout and give it the best depiction of corruption/decay I've ever seen, as well as giving every area a new and unique feel. Unfortunately quality of the gameplay drops off in the final area due to it just having you go from one area to the other in an area which looks like it never changes.

Here are a number of games which fit into multiple

Minecraft: I see Minecraft as more of an ultimate sandbox rather than a survival game, yes you need food and protection but it's how you make those that define what the game will be like for you, the redstone system (which is probably my favourite system of any game) proves this with the automatic farms it help you make and all the decoration it makes possible. Minecraft is marvellous and without a doubt deserves the massive player base it has.

Subnautica: Subnautica is a game mostly about exploration of environments on an alien world, and unlike most games like it the game is carefully handcrafted allowing for what feels like extremely natural terrain and all sorts of unique Fauna, Flora and areas all across the map. This game also has quite the base building allowing you to build wherever as long as it's not inside terrain and you have available power (there are mods which improve building drastically). There's a fairly low framerate (This is probably the least optimized game I've played (that's actually good.).) as well as a bunch of bugs that regularly appear which can take away from what would otherwise be an extremely immersive experience.

Plants vs Zombies: If I have any game I always return to it's this one, after completing everything over and over for ages and you never seem to be able to lose on endless levels it might get a bit boring but you're always able to change the way of how you play or even challenge yourself to not use plants you otherwise wouldn't think twice before using. This Insaniquarium: Deluxe, Minecraft and Flash games were the only games I ever played as a kid too (on PC anyway). (I've never had a moment in this game when I wasn't trying to come up with new strategies.)

Insaniquarium: Deluxe: This game is mostly just one huge dopamine rush, it always feels like you're progressing (except for when your fish die obviously) and it's just so fun, I don't really have anything to say other than don't break your fingers or your mouse.

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator: Basically a game where you're able to make the most realistic battles you could depict in any video game, minus the seriousness, It's pretty fun(ny) and gives some good laughs if you're able to sit down with a friend and just play it (which Covid exists so sorry). it's still being developed and as of writing this and will be receiving updates.

I'm cutting this short for now (understandably) but I will return to because I have other games I'd like to add like Hollow Knight and Prey.
Danm wall of text lol. I like fortnite

Here's my top 6 games that I'd choose from my list in no particular order (Pasted from a similar thread, more games that I play are listed in my signature too.)

Minecraft - I've been playing Minecraft since around 2013, so I've established a meaningful connection with it over time. Just the freedom to do and make whatever I want feels freeing and relaxing all the time.

Hollow Knight - Amazing art style, music, gameplay, and everything else. It has the perfect amount of challenge in it for me to keep pushing through without getting frustrated, and has tons of amazing content that fits together seamlessly.

Celeste - Super fun challenge that pushes you to the limits of what you are capable of. Storyline is neat and the level design is super fun to play through.

Gris - No words for how beautiful this game is, the art, music, and everything came together to make an incredible experience that really touched me. Even if it isn't entirely focused on the gameplay, the message and story conveyed throughout is enhanced by the interactiveness and gave it a much deeper connection to me. Certainly worth experiencing at least once (as are the rest of these).

Oneshot - I love all of the characters in this game and the fourth wall breaking is done in a fascinating way. Actively being a character in the story really let me connect to the world more and made the endings feel much more personal.

Undertale - First big game I picked up outside of Minecraft and Terraria, as well as first game I played with a storyline to it as well. I love the amount of choice included in the game given to me to determine what happens in the world. The characters are also really dynamic as well and the combat system is entertaining in how with you can interact with who you are fighting.

The Zelda series, Minecraft, the Half-Life and Portal series, Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod, the Hotline Miami series, Stardew Valley, Spelunky, Smash Bros and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Back
Top Bottom