What Terraria noise annoys you the most?

sand falling.

i was playing NTerraria with some guys who are my friends and they were living in the desert and they wanted to make an artifical jungle biome (right next to their :red:in' house too, gonna spawn plantera on them later) and holy :red: that sand noise made the other people who were in the call with us but weren't playing ask what the hell it was

The sound when the music for the goblin army starts to play and this is the first time you've battled it.

Wait... the lava sound has... children laughing...
I won't be playing Terraria for a while, knowing the lava contains "laughing children". Average horror movie, anyone?

Reforging button.

I was starting to think that the sounds in Terraria were at worst appropriate to the atmosphere. Reforge is no exception, but, it is the loudest and most aggravating sound that I know of.

On the subject of sounds, the grunt Fishron lets out when he is taking damage isn't so much annoying as it is just, well, anti-climatic and needlessly unique. I miss the "wet smack" sound that you get when you damage other fleshy bosses, the dull groan Fishron lets out is ok, but also sort of pointless.

Speaking of annoying sounds from bossfights...

Also, who doesn't think of this scene when they read the thread title?

Personally, I hate the mining stone sound.
*tink* *snip* *tink*
Annoying as hell!
I kinda like it. I find it satisfying, makes me think I'm making progress or something.
The sound of ice, however... I agree with OP on that one. It's annoying as hell. Migt not be the most annoying, but I can't think of any noise that annoys me more.

Face Monster.
The mining sound doesn't really piss me off as with a max speed SDC, it just doesn't last.

Yes, i hate dig ice and stone >.<
I don't like the first music of the game too (not the main menu music), it's weird for me.
*tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink*
OH, GOD, MAKE IT STOP, MY HEAD, YOU'RE MINING MY HEAD @.@
"Collected Brainore"

There's only one sound that directly annoys me, and that's the zombies' snarls. Sounds like someone preparing to hock a loogie, and thus does a combination of grossing me out and pissing me off at the same time.

Then there are 2 sounds that are annoying only because of repetition:
  • The "knocking on door" sound when monsters are trying to break in, or are stuck behind a door in the dungeon or the lihzahrd entrance. I'd be fine if they just tried once and then turned around, but they keep doing it indefinitely.
  • The constant splashing when monsters are stuck in shallow water in a nearby cave.

Back
Top Bottom