Casual What Would Be Your Boss Theme?

Red H2O

Skeletron Prime
Imagine, for a moment, that you are the boss in a video game. The player character approaches you, and their first impression is based on your theme music. But what music would you choose to signify your power, grace, ability, skill, etc? This thread is basically for sharing what you would want to play whenever you get into a fight. It could be your favorite music, the themes to other bosses, or any other song that you want to choose. If you want to, you can explain why as well.

Personally, it's a hard choice. There are multiple songs I would chose.

I could go for straight-up demanding authority:

Or perhaps elegance:

...Or something actually fitting to me as a person:

since pretty much the only music i like is game music ill go with those. also this theme to me kind of fits my personality in which i want it based off of

Champion Cynthia's theme of the Gen 4 Pokémon games, the second boss music in Chrono Trigger, or King Knight's theme from Shovel Knight. I don't really have clarification, I just love these themes.

You know very well as I do, that it'd undoubtedly be a Lapfox TRAX song.

Maybe this one for general battles:

This one for flashy, quick paced bullet-hell runs:

And this one for Run-n-Gun battles.

You know very well as I do, that it'd undoubtedly be a Lapfox TRAX song.
This one for flashy, quick paced bullet-hell runs:
Duuude, that's probably one of my favorite TQBF song (which isn't hard for me to say; most of them are eargasmic.)

Also, I might as well post twice, because there's no reason I can't just post a ton of my favorite songs here. So, have what would be my second-form/bullet hell/enraged mode theme.

Duuude, that's probably one of my favorite TQBF song (which isn't hard for me to say; most of them are eargasmic.)
It would be the best, most unnerving intro to a boss battle ever.
A big, black wolf silhouette, then the battle starts (and promptly ends.)

If I had to pick a boss theme for myself it'd probably be Ascension from The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Great choice, if I do say so myself. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, besides being a great game, has some awesome music as well. If I was going to steal some boss music from that game for my own theme, it would be this song.

Initial encounter, just before the fight:

The fight begins, with energy from both sides fueling the battle:

I end up getting defeated, but since I'm very hard on myself irl, the resulting embarrassment and hatred of the player and my incompetence throws me into rage. Enter the beast:

Last edited:

Say what you want about the anime, but Kajiura's music was awesome.
2lruOxn.png

"Never Gonna Give You Up" -Rick Astley
Just kidding, probably some Pokemon song, for example the ORAS Primal Kyogre/Groudon theme, Zinnia's theme (from ORAS), or Primal/Dark Dialga's theme from PMD2.
Actually, looking at the Kid Icarus song that was said here, Dark Pit's theme would be nice.

Well, I am Dark Gaia, so I'd use my own themes.
Eventually, I'd achieve my final form, and use this, an amazing orchestrated version of my debut game's main theme!

But IRL, I'm kinda lame. I'd settle for a fitting

Back
Top Bottom