What's the worst logic you've ever heard?

Dusty Sinclair

Headless Horseman
You know when someone tries to make an argument, but they fail miserably because they just don't know how to logic? Like when you're all like "Picasso's art is total :red:!" and someone tells you:

"I'd like to see you do better."

Well, guess what? I don't have to do better. I don't have to paint a better painting that Picasso because it's not my job to paint a better painting than Picasso. I'm not the artist.

So, tell me: what's the dumbest logic someone's used in an argument against you?

Seriously, though, Picasso's art is total :red:. I mean, :red:ing look at it: http://i.imgur.com/gWoqTgx.jpg

Also, the old gamer chorus of "Don't tell me to get better, I'm just trying to have fun!"

No, having fun and completely and utterly sucking at games are not mutually inclusive. You can have fun while not sucking at games, I promise. A damn lot of fun, of the "heh, is the game even trying anymore?" kind.

I used to suck at games, just like you, then I took a Rockman in the knee.

We round-eyes don't know what Rockman is.

"Japanese things are better."
Ever heard of RapeLay? No? Good. It's better that way.

"Old games are better."
The NES library begs to differ.

"You hate gay people because you don't support same-sex marriage."
Yes, thank you for clarifying what my opinions are. I would have no idea if you hadn't told me.

"Dogs are better because you can train them."
Well, it's a good thing cats don't do stupid :red: that requires training to prevent.

Last edited:
random stranger-"give me 2 dollars"

me-"no."

random stranger-":red: you." *walks away

someone that I didn't know actually had the audacity to walk up to me and not ask, but demand 2 dollars (in a sense that it was his right, not that he was mugging me), and then give me the old F bomb and walk away.
Heh, sorry. That was rude. :dryadwink:

"It's not naked if the skin is blue."

-Guild Wars 2

"It's not gory if the blood isn't red."

-Nintendo

"Don't tell me to get better, I'm just trying to have fun!"

Actually, I don't see that as dumb logic. Many players buy a game just to have fun or mess around, not conquer it. If they just want to have fun, let them.
Having fun and completely and utterly sucking at games are not mutually inclusive.
Don't insult them for their actions unless they really deserve it. Sure, you probably didn't mean that as an insult, but a surprising amount of people will take it that way.

You can have fun while not sucking at games, I promise.

Yes, you can. But some players don't want to do what the game tells them to do. They just want to mess around. I completely understand that. Video Games were meant to have fun with. Sure, they aren't totally playing it the way the developer intended, but they're having fun, let them. Even if it means that they're terrible at the game. For example, I had this bike game for the Gameboy Color, and I wasn't good at it. But I decided to see how many ways I could die, for fun. :naughty:

I had a ton of fun with that game and didn't put it down until I got a new game.

My point is, unless they're griefing a server or something bad like that, let a player have fun if he wants to. Even if he's not good at the game.

... Are you really trying to use the same arguments I already consider dumb and pointless, in order to make me see why said logic isn't dumb and pointless?

I really don't know how to respond to that. Really.

Next up, someone's going to try convincing me that RNG and permadeath do add something worth adding to games.

Also, the old gamer chorus of "Don't tell me to get better, I'm just trying to have fun!"

No, having fun and completely and utterly sucking at games are not mutually inclusive. You can have fun while not sucking at games, I promise. A damn lot of fun, of the "heh, is the game even trying anymore?" kind.

I fail to see the problem reasoning here. They want to have fun, they don't care about what you consider to be them not being very good at games. You can have fun with a game while also being god damn terrible, and generally, I don't care what someone thinks about my 'skill' at something, if I'm enjoying it then their unasked for criticism isn't welcome.

That's what it boils down to. "I'm enjoying it, I didn't ask for your opinion, go away." Y'know what I don't find fun? Competitive games where the onus is on being 'good', I find that it is more like work than anything else, because surprisingly, people have different ideas on what is fun. Personally, I play games to unwind and relax, not be stressed out.

Next up, someone's going to try convincing me that RNG and permadeath do add something worth adding to games.
As a lover of all things roguelike, I can straight up say, they do add things. Permadeath adds tension, makes you think about every action you're going to take. RNG, that depends on the implementation, in a roguelike it adds a lot of variety, it stops the player from doing the same thing every time and forces them to change up their game, hence why I'm still playing Binding of Isaac, I'm still finding things fresh due to the randomness of the items.

In an MMO.. generally it's a cashgrab. Tera and it's :red:ing lockbox unique items, buncha :red:.

As a lover of all things roguelike, I can straight up say, they do add things. Permadeath adds tension, makes you think about every action you're going to take. RNG, that depends on the implementation, in a roguelike it adds a lot of variety, it stops the player from doing the same thing every time and forces them to change up their game, hence why I'm still playing Binding of Isaac, I'm still finding things fresh due to the randomness of the items.
I don't feel like a game needs "replayability" if it's good enough for me to want to play it again anyway. Honestly, I wouldn't want to be playing the same game over and over, no matter how much RNG is shoved into it.

I don't feel like a game needs "replayability" if it's good enough for me to want to play it again anyway. Honestly, I wouldn't want to be playing the same game over and over, no matter how much RNG is shoved into it.
1372347845494.jpg

But in seriosity, alright. That's your opinion, I enjoy replayability. Course RNG doesn't mean the game will be repayable, like any game mechanic, it needs to be properly executed to be effective/fun. Either way our differing views doesn't make either less valid. Which was my original gripe.

1372347845494.jpg

But in seriosity, alright. That's your opinion, I enjoy replayability. Course RNG doesn't mean the game will be repayable, like any game mechanic, it needs to be properly executed to be effective/fun. Either way our differing views doesn't make either less valid. Which was my original gripe.
Agreed, there are so many games that I play again just because I'm able to. Games that have a story that can only be experienced once and then ruining it for you the next time are terrible, but some games nail it.

EDIT: Borderlands 2 is a great example. Still has a story, but also still has a lot of replayability.

Back
Top Bottom