What's the worst logic you've ever heard?

I saw this thread right after I went through this
dumbass lgiv.PNG

anyways,

This one is epic, there's a girl who thinks we have two moons. She says something like :
"If we can see the moon here in Bresil, do people in France see the same moon ? How can the moon be at two places at the same time ? There must be 2 moons. I just proved we don't have only one moon, it's statistically impossible."

if you understand french here's the video.
Well technically the earth does have more then one natural satellite. Sorta. It's not technically a moon(or earth's satellite) but has been called as such several times. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3753_Cruithne

Cool to know though.

When I make an argument which supports conclusion 2, and someone tries to counterargue it with an already outdated argument 1.
For instance:
Me: I don't think the Hungarians are Finno-Ugrian, instead they come from the Huns, because *reasoning here*.
:red:: Are you serious? Go read a history book.

Well guess what, I've already gone one step ahead and said the history books are wrong, so don't try to pull that authority-appealing circular bullness on me.
This is most infuriating and I've got angry just by thinking about this.

Possibly this, though I might have heard worse.
I'm not trying to pick any fights with anyone here, but pretty much everything said by those kinds of people belongs in this thread. Here's two good examples, both relating to that Batgirl cover that went viral:

612.png

God forbid a superhero not be perfect, right? Nobody wants a superhero who's actually a human with human weaknesses. That's boring!

e0e.png

"If there's a woman being held hostage by a man, it's obviously sexual assault! Bonus points if she's crying." This is not "glamorizing" anything. This is showing the Joker as an evil, insane villain because he's an evil, insane villain.

Funniest counter argument I've heard?

"I'm smart, two plus two equals six,"

He was mad and not thinking clearly. He broke into giggles quickly once he realized what he said though. Kids say some awesome stuff.

I'm not trying to pick any fights with anyone here, but pretty much everything said by those kinds of people belongs in this thread. Here's two good examples, both relating to that Batgirl cover that went viral:

612.png

God forbid a superhero not be perfect, right? Nobody wants a superhero who's actually a human with human weaknesses. That's boring!

e0e.png

"If there's a woman being held hostage by a man, it's obviously sexual assault! Bonus points if she's crying." This is not "glamorizing" anything. This is showing the Joker as an evil, insane villain because he's an evil, insane villain.
Hold up, first one (in it's own context) has absolutely nothing. It DOES look exactly like described. I think that was the intended impression of that cover.

Now, further tweets from that user /might/ be 'shenssor eeet' bull but the initial comment taken as it is is not wrong in the slightest. It's the interpretation of the cover and I believe a very good interpretation at that.

Second comment is all bull:red:. I mean, if they can fully justify what they are saying then maybe I can be swayed but in it's own context it has nothing of substance or value.

Edit: My god I typoed so very bad. Know what? I'm leaving it. Mock me as you will

anyways,

This one is epic, there's a girl who thinks we have two moons. She says something like :
"If we can see the moon here in Bresil, do people in France see the same moon ? How can the moon be at two places at the same time ? There must be 2 moons. I just proved we don't have only one moon, it's statistically impossible."

if you understand french here's the video.
Does she understand the size of the moon? Does she understand day and night?

Hold up, first one (in it's own context) has absolutely nothing. It DOES look exactly like described. I think that was the intended impression of that cover.

Now, further tweets from that user /might/ be 'shenssor eeet' bull but the initial comment taken as it is is not wrong in the slightest. It's the interpretation of the cover and I believe a very good interpretation at that.
Well, it is a good interpretation. But as an argument for why it should be censored, it's not valid. It's not an inappropriate image. Maybe if he was grabbing her melons, but he's not. The cover does what it's supposed to: it shows the Joker as a villain. The part about the snuff film, though... I don't know where that came from. A snuff film is one in which the actors are actually killed on screen. So, considering that Batgirl isn't dying and it's, well, a drawn comic, that just seems like something the poster threw in to make the cover seem worse than it actually is.

"Who needs logic when you got skill?"
Skill for what!? You need some kind of logic to achieve such skill in whatever it is you claim to do. Idk, something just bugs me about this one.

random stranger-"give me 2 dollars"

me-"no."

random stranger-":red: you." *walks away

someone that I didn't know actually had the audacity to walk up to me and not ask, but demand 2 dollars (in a sense that it was his right, not that he was mugging me), and then give me the old F bomb and walk away.
Some punk asked me for money for a drink while I was riding my bike and I just ignored him as he was a punk. He proceeded to chase me a bit and say "What the hell?!"

Anyway, on to mine.
Me: Can I buy a New 3DS? I have the money and I'd love to use the new features.
Parents: No, you'll play more video games than you already do. If you want it, you need to tone down on the video games and become more social.
Me: *sigh* You'll never get it, will you.

Oh man.

Person: 'I hate X, it's so gay'
Me: "Wait so you hate gay people?"
Person: 'Why would you think I hate gay people? All I said was X is friggin gay"
Me: "So you hate it because it's gay?"
Person: "No, it's gay because it's [stupid/annoying/etc]"
Me: *facepalms*
--------------
Me: "Why are we doing this? It seems pointless"
Person: "Because we've always done it silly!"
Me: "But that's a logical fallacy....o_O"
--------------
[Person makes something way harder than it needs to be]
Me: "Why didn't you just do it [easy way]?"
Person: "I'm too lazy"
Me: "..."

As a band student myself, my friends like to tease me about being a percussionist in our school band. This is how it usually goes.

Friend : ''Band is so stupid!''
Me : ''Why?''
Friend : ''You have to go to concerts!''
Me : ''That's like saying baseball is stupid because you have to go to games.
Friend : ''It's still dumb.''
Me : '':red2:''

As a band student myself, my friends like to tease me about being a percussionist in our school band. This is how it usually goes.

Friend : ''Band is so stupid!''
Me : ''Why?''
Friend : ''You have to go to concerts!''
Me : ''That's like saying baseball is stupid because you have to go to games.
Friend : ''It's still dumb.''
Me : '':red2:''
I have a collection Of percussion jokes

Back
Top Bottom