when do yall estimate this updates comin out

Not before I end my Bachelor's degree (2025-09-30).
But I do not rush you, because else it would end like Cyberpunk 2077.

No, they maybe have to code all the seed combos:

1. Drunk
  2. Not the bees
  3. For The Worthy
  4. Celebration MK 10
  5. Constant
  6. No traps
  7. Don't dig up
  8. Get fixed boi
  9. (a possible 9th one as the menu in the spoiler image had 9 trees, I assume it is another seed, not the normal world because I assume that normal world is chosen by not selecting any special seed)

Let's encode the seed combo with a 9 bit, nth bit is 1 if the nth option is chosen, then 000000000 is a normal world and 111111111 is getfixedboi + all seeds and 101001000 = drunk + ftw + notraps
They have to test and code 511 seeds, which is taking super much time unless there are like 100 testers.

1. Drunk
  2. Not the bees
  3. For The Worthy
  4. Celebration MK 10
  5. Constant
  6. No traps
  7. Don't dig up
  8. Get fixed boi
  9. (a possible 9th one as the menu in the spoiler image had 9 trees, I assume it is another seed, not the normal world because I assume that normal world is chosen by not selecting any special seed)

Let's encode the seed combo with a 9 bit, nth bit is 1 if the nth option is chosen, then 000000000 is a normal world and 111111111 is getfixedboi + all seeds and 101001000 = drunk + ftw + notraps
They have to test and code 511 seeds, which is taking super much time unless there are like 100 testers.
Nuh uh

Id say September/October at the earliest no later than November, but as excited as I am for 1.4.5, Id rather theyd polish off the update and fix any bugs that need sorting and tuing up anything else not done, alternatively it may come out quicker if they work 24/7 on it.... No, that last bits a joke, dont worry I tease, Im not in a hurry for the update, in fact it gives me something to look forward to.

1. Drunk
  2. Not the bees
  3. For The Worthy
  4. Celebration MK 10
  5. Constant
  6. No traps
  7. Don't dig up
  8. Get fixed boi

im no programmer but i think theyd probably make some algorithm that prevents common world gen bugs in seed combos instead of manually testing all of them

and as for why its taking so long, now that i think about it theres probably alot more content in it than what we know, which is always great

1.4.4 was also alot bigger than i expected, and people were saying that 1.4.4 might become 1.5, so i think 1.4.5 gonna be about the same size as 1.4.4

Id say September/October at the earliest no later than November, but as excited as I am for 1.4.5, Id rather theyd polish off the update and fix any bugs that need sorting and tuing up anything else not done, alternatively it may come out quicker if they work 24/7 on it.... No, that last bits a joke, dont worry I tease, Im not in a hurry for the update, in fact it gives me something to look forward to.
December is most probable

If we look at past update releases and the trend of the Terraria dev cycle my guess would be September or October, but it seems like the amount of feature creep that has come from the explosion in new users of the TCF might mean it will take a bit longer. I'm okay with that as long as it means the update will have more awesome new stuff.

Back
Top Bottom